Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Won't we all be terribly busy in Germany on Thursday though?

Greece tomorrow innit? We are being spoilt this week :)
    Won't Germany be long finished by this time?
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    lots of turd polishing needed , Your mission Jim should you chose to accept it!

somehow i dont think we will be doing Lisbon in 2016.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to checkout Rui Andrade's sister's (I assume) bizarre keychange.

I think Andrade is like Smith? Anyway, she's pretty enough to be related! I will catch up on the full song in a bit

BTW, Goncalo's song is translated as "You have a magic"

Wand? Button? Position?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Belgium being released soon? Do we know how it's going to be done? Behind the bike sheds like the UK or a full 2 hour "This is Your Life" special?
  • Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    I think Andrade is like Smith? Anyway, she's pretty enough to be related! I will catch up on the full song in a bit

Wand? Button? Position?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Anne....it just 'a magic' -- can't you feel it? :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess she should have stuck to plagiarising her own songs like Catarina :p

Oh burn!
    Won't Germany be long finished by this time?

I hope so, I'd like to get them both and I'm far too old for this multi-tasking malarky

Mind you, Germany has passed me by for the last couple of years, and I'm struggling with this year's bunch too. Hopefully on a 3rd run through something will start to give me a little nudge in its direction
  • Options
    PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member

Wand? Button? Position?

Patrick Wolf for Vienna! Whatever happened to him, anyway?
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,288
    Forum Member
    Isn't Belgium being released soon? Do we know how it's going to be done? Behind the bike sheds like the UK or a full 2 hour "This is Your Life" special?

A press conference on 10th March supposedly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

10th March apparently (so, next Tuesday?) Loic is excited on Facebook - bless!

I was fond of the first thing Sunday morning after a night at the pub deal of 2013, could we have guessed the turd polishing that would happen following THAT?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was fond of the first thing Sunday morning after a night at the pub deal of 2013, could we have guessed the turd polishing that would happen following THAT?

YES! >:( WE could!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick Wolf for Vienna! Whatever happened to him, anyway?

He was fab! Appeared in one of our first ever fantasy contests back in 1872 ... Friend of mine actually had this as her first dance at her wedding :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    A press conference on 10th March supposedly.

An atmosphere sucking press conference? So he's unlikely to sing live unless they really want him to suffer.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I once knew a Belgian called Loic , wonder if its him eeeeeek
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VOTING APP SCANDAL.

jk who cares Yola was the only person who deserved it anyway :kitty:

I wish this had been in this year instead, she'd have STOMPED it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsB77d-qWps

Pre credit crunch ? They must have had a bigger budget that time and a far better stage plus an audience who didnt look like the undead. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Poor Bobby Bellarosa, that was an ordeal. :D Belgium's even year selections are much more enjoyable even if the winning songs aren't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contejas wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXLpyjneRE

To be fair, it's not as bad as I remember it .... and then the key change happens :o

No wonder I always thought it was "waiting for the beat appeal"

The dancers made the song in Malmo :cool:
  • Options
    PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    Pre credit crunch ? They must have had a bigger budget that time and a far better stage plus an audience who didnt look like the undead. :o

Even scarier, it was last year :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

To be fair, it's not as bad as I remember it
    .... and then the key change happens :o

Now! No one bleedin liked it then..I was a one man bobby beater...:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »

You were also the first to spot the hidden gem that was the good Maltese doctor's "Tomorrow". I await and will run with your immediate reaction to the UK song. :p
  • Options
    Steven_PSteven_P Posts: 12,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    Nice to see her diction is still terrible. :D Seriously, how hard would it have been to make it I'm A warrior?! And change things like 'spread up' to 'spread out', 'break the free' to 'breaking free'. Dear oh dear. Still a mess by the sounds of things. :blush:

I have friends who are Georgian and it's interesting they make the same grammar mistakes, forgetting to use definite or i definite articles and such. It seems a Georgian thing (along with other nations).

Anyone remember I'm a Joker was I'm Joker for a long while. I never complain rto my friends their English is better than my Georgian... i can't even make some of the sounds. They keep trying to grt me to say thier word for "water", it's almost impossible.
    Also i make enough mistakes with English.

For a professional song though thry should check with someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You were also the first to spot the hidden gem that was the good Maltese doctor's "Tomorrow". I await and will run with your immediate reaction to the UK song. :p

The peak of my eurovision prowess that year...sadly not yet to have been repeated...:D

But Goncarlo...:cool:
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, it's not as bad as I remember it .... and then the key change happens :o

What on earth happened at the end? Did he add the key change at home after the song was produced?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even scarier, it was last year :o

really? wtf happned between now and then? It makes Irelands pub lock in fun look like the x factor grand final in comparison!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    really? wtf happned between now and then? It makes Irelands pub lock in fun look like the x factor grand final in comparison!!

The beginning of Kaliopis reveal was a hoot I remember it was like we'd been transported into the 80s...and not in a good way...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And I was the first to spot Coming Home last year, can I be part of your gang too ? :p
This discussion has been closed.