Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could live with it.

Even if it meant being accused of only making the move for the money. The criticism of heavyweight journalists like Batdude must be crushing.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We could have done without Southampton winning, but it doesn't change anything, we had to beat Newcastle before that result, and we still have to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could live with it.

Even if it meant being accused of only making the move for the money. The criticism of heavyweight journalists like Batdude must be crushing.

I am not longer a journalist, not that I ever was more than one in training at any rate!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it did Kaka's career any good.

Robinhio ended up at City.:p

Chico replaced one bench with another after his loan.

Kaka being Orlando's major DP on their debut season in MLS (if it is going ahead), so yeah about that World Player of the Year career,.......;-)
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaka being Orlando's major DP on their debut season in MLS (if it is going ahead), so yeah about that World Player of the Year career,.......;-)

He is indeed, scored on his debut.
  • Options
    Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not longer a journalist

No wonder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder.

Fair enough.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Fair enough.

How come you gave up journalism after going to Uni for so long? You always sound like you were good at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance of the same scoreline being repeated tonight, but today in 1995 we beat Ipswich 9-0, I will be happy with a 1-0 win tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    How come you gave up journalism after going to Uni for so long? You always sound like you were good at it.

Because of my situation with my father, I couldn't do anything of that sort whilst I was looking after him, and after being outside of that way of life for so long, I just felt it would be best to move on in other directions, hence I am now doing what I am doing, and I am enjoying it for the most part.
    I feel a lot less pressure, as I am only reporting back to myself, rather than worrying about my readers and trying to find a story as I did when I was just merely on the Uni newspaper, and working at Huddersfield Town FC.

I am still in touch with that side of things though due to my friends who work in the industry, so if I ever need a catch-up I can get it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because of my situation with my father, I couldn't do anything of that sort whilst I was looking after him, and after being outside of that way of life for so long, I just felt it would be best to move on in other directions, hence I am now doing what I am doing, and I am enjoying it for the most part.
    I feel a lot less pressure, as I am only reporting back to myself, rather than worrying about my readers and trying to find a story as I did when I was just merely on the Uni newspaper, and working at Huddersfield Town FC.

I am still in touch with that side of things though due to my friends who work in the industry, so if I ever need a catch-up I can get it!

I'd find it harder trying to make a profit on property!!! I know from work we've had done on our house over the years it never goes to plan and always ends up with add ons.

Where are you up to now with the work you're having done?
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but you have a writing style that would make a primary school teacher wonder whether they've wasted their time and a reading comprehension that would confirm it. There's no way in the world that you could ever write professionally.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd find it harder trying to make a profit on property!!! I know from work we've had done on our house over the years it never goes to plan and always ends up with add ons.

Look out for a lad in a United shirt (21 - Ander Herrera on the back, of course) on the next episode of Homes Under The Hammer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look out for a lad in a United shirt (21 - Ander Herrera on the back, of course) on the next episode of Homes Under The Hammer.

Correction: 'Anderson Herrera'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am liking the freedom this gives, and that if things go wrong, then I only have myself to blame no-one else.

I am just waiting to hear back from someone regarding an offer that I have put in, so hopefully that will be positive news in the short-term.
    Longer-term well I am not going to predict that, as so much could happen, good and bad!
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never had a name or number on my shirt. I saw it a bit like autograph hunting. If you're 11 or younger, fine but after that it's a bit sad.

If you meet one of your heroes say hello, shake his or her hand and at most try to cop a cheeky feel. Saying "could you sign this for me!" when you're an adult always seems a bit backwards. What value is someone squiggling on a piece of paper?

I've never seen an adult autograph hunter and not thought they weren't a bit..'backwards'. Adults who ask for autographs seem to be the ones who when I was young a Butlins used to sit right near the front and get the red coats dancing with them.

I couldn't wear clothing with someone else's name printed on it. I'd feel juvenile. Like going into a restaurant and ordering from the kids menu.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you have a writing style that would make a primary school teacher wonder whether they've wasted their time and a reading comprehension that would confirm it. There's no way in the world that you could ever write professionally.

Gee thanks for that!

I never proclaimed to be Martin Samuel or Henry Winter, merely just an up and comer, but thanks for the put down comments, everyone is a critic I suppose.

I only wear that shirt when I go to Old Trafford or I am in a suitable environment, so definitely not when I am in full on work mode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Longer-term well I am not going to predict that, as so much could happen, good and bad! "

-Imma Kant (1768)
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gee thanks for that!

I never proclaimed to be Martin Samuel or Henry Winter, merely just an up and comer, but thanks for the put down comments, everyone is a critic I suppose.

I only wear that shirt when I go to Old Trafford or I am in a suitable environment, so definitely not when I am in full on work mode.

What do you wear when in 'full on work mode'?
    "Longer-term well I am not going to predict that, as so much could happen, good and bad! "

-Imma Kant (1768)

:D:D
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive only had a Cantona shirt, its packed away in a cupboard now, still in good condition, I dont wear football shirts anymore.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gee thanks for that!

Factually correct though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

-Imma Kant (1768)

Quite why that was needed I don't know, was what I said there really deserving of such a reply?
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gee thanks for that!

What is full-on work mode for you outfit wise?

Overall? Suit? Chaps? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am liking the freedom this gives, and that if things go wrong, then I only have myself to blame no-one else.

I am just waiting to hear back from someone regarding an offer that I have put in, so hopefully that will be positive news in the short-term.
    Longer-term well I am not going to predict that, as so much could happen, good and bad!

Do you not need money to live on though? Rent, Sky or whatever, clothes/haircuts/toiletries etc, going to the pub, wrestling conventions?
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everyone is a critic I suppose.

Some of them definitely shouldn't be.

It's honestly not an attempt to insult you, but there's absolutely no way to sugar coat it. If your 50000+ posts here are in any way representative of your writing style you're not an up and comer, anything involving language or conveying a message isn't your thing. Look how often you're embroiled in confusion here alone in an average week.
This discussion has been closed.