Options

David Walliams marriage split !!

Comments

• Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never really believed this relationship was any more credible than the Cristiano/Irina, Ashley/Cheryl, Lewis/Nicole smokescreen-type pairings, but feel sad that so many of these people feel they need to be seen in heterosexual relationships.

I always found it odd that there has never been a single photo of them with their (imaginary?) baby. A quick glance at Google images and 'David Walliams and Lara Stone with their baby/child' brings up thousands of images - but not one of their child. Just a couple of them with a pram and several with their dog. It's one thing to not want to parade a child around, like Mr Cowell does, but for there to be not a single picture of them seems more than peculiar.

Perhaps he'll go on to marry his agent (like Dec is doing) or his assistant (like Paul McKenna has), or get a friend's wife to have an actual baby for him, like his BGT boss has done, and continue to live a lie.

Why is it not possible for this to have simply been a perfectly normal heterosexual marriage that simply didn't work out? Why does it always have to be a lie, or there have to be something hidden?

I don't even know where to start with your suggestion that they may have faked a pregnancy.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Why is it not possible for this to have simply been a perfectly normal heterosexual marriage that simply didn't work out? Why does it always have to be a lie, or there have to be something hidden?

I don't even know where to start with your suggestion that they may have faked a pregnancy.

I totally agree.
    Plus Lara Stone was a millionaire in her own right before she met Walliams, she had absolutely no need to be part of a farce. Her profile did not increase one iota because she married him, actually she went quite through a rough patch because of not getting back her pre pregnancy body quick enough.
    I really like them as a couple, it's always sad when a family is broken.

And actually for all it's worth, i've seen pics of the baby.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unreal, isn't it?:o
    Viridiana wrote: »
    I totally agree.
    Plus Lara Stone was a millionaire in her own right before she met Walliams, she had absolutely no need to be part of a farce. Her profile did not increase one iota because she married him, actually she went quite through a rough patch because of not getting back her pre pregnancy body quick enough.

Me too and I hope they can work this out.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,065
    Forum Member

I agree. The conclusions that people automatically jump to with no basis whatsoever are just bizarre.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic but has anyone considered the possibility that David might be bisexual? Sexuality isn't always an either/or situation. People forget that.

hes so far in the closet hes talking to Mr tumnus
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    I totally agree.

All I can say is if the concern Lara showed when David was swimming the Thames wasn't real then she should take up acting.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is just about the creepiest person on TV. I always feel there is a lot of him in the strange characters he plays. Maybe Lara Stone feels the same now.
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure I read an interview with him in which he said that his mum, a very conservative religious woman, would not be able to cope with having a gay son. The relationship between him and Lara did always seem a bit odd, they got together when she had just had a breakdown of some sort I think, so it could have been a mutual rescue. It is terrible that if he is gay he feels the need to hide it.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hes so far in the closet hes talking to Mr tumnus

Yeah but no but how do you know for sure? None of us do, really, until he spits it out (no pun intended). If he's bisexual or even homosexual, perhaps he has his reasons for not revealing it (i.e. his mum, as Fillia suggests)...or perhaps he simply just doesn't know himself. Some people are 'late discoverers'. I know people whose priority is having a relationship with someone who they are attracted to and the gender of that 'someone' is not the primary factor.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The love that daren't not speak its name. :D
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    That may be, but he's been around the block several hundred times and gained the weathered look of a much older man. Of course it's not all about looks but he did chase very young women (some even teens) before Lara so I don't think it was intellect or a meeting of the minds that he was after.

He comes across as quite narcissistic and I imagine the marriage was very crowded with him and his ego.

I have a friend who used to have a lot to do with him due to his brother being a director of films containing mostly british comedians, and he said that in person even socially he's suffocatingly loud and oppressive, which doesn't surprise me hugely.

As for the divorce, they clearly got married and pregnant too quickly. There are no rules of course, but you're not giving a marriage a running chance if you rush in that quick, and celebs work schedules mean they barely have time to get to know each other! He's older, so he should have known better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find David Walliams so creepy I kind of stopped watching BTG when he became a judge. Everyone seems to adore him but I find him strangely unsettling.

I feel sorry for the kid though.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic but has anyone considered the possibility that David might be bisexual? Sexuality isn't always an either/or situation. People forget that.

I agree, I think he said something to that effect in an interview.

I think most people simply have this total caricature idea of what is to be gay. A lot of people's sexuality is simply quite fluid.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    I find David Walliams so creepy I kind of stopped watching BTG when he became a judge. Everyone seems to adore him but I find him strangely unsettling.

I feel sorry for the kid though.

Maybe Mr Walliams will feel free to now 'come out'. :o:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Mr Walliams will feel free to now 'come out'. :o:p

I really couldn't care less about his sexuality. He just makes me uncomfortable for reasons I don't even know.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,446
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I thought he was gay
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Interesting how Walliams is declared to be 'devastated' and 'putting on a brave face' no suggestion his wife was forced due to unbearable circumstances to leave the marital home and take their child & dog with her.

Is this article the truth or a PR exercise to paint Walliams as the hurt individual ?

Look what we are told, that Lara is an alcoholic, the hint that the photoshoot with Justin Beiber was the last straw, how loving Walliams is having filled her home with flowers, yet she walked out on him taking the child & dog.

I agree with this.

I don't have an opinion on David Walliam's sexuality, but the article is a not-so-subtle attempt at painting Lara as the villain of the story. Obviously his PR people are in overdrive, which automatically makes me wonder why...
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Sweetums wrote: »
    I really couldn't care less about his sexuality. He just makes me uncomfortable for reasons I don't even know.

Yeah I get that.

I couldn't give a monkeys what his sexual preferences are, but the way he's so overbearing and loud and attention seeking, in such an unnatural and forced way (in my opinion), I struggle to watch him. I find him very awkward.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never really believed this relationship was any more credible than the Cristiano/Irina, Ashley/Cheryl, Lewis/Nicole smokescreen-type pairings, but feel sad that so many of these people feel they need to be seen in heterosexual relationships.

I always found it odd that there has never been a single photo of them with their (imaginary?) baby. A quick glance at Google images and 'David Walliams and Lara Stone with their baby/child' brings up thousands of images - but not one of their child. Just a couple of them with a pram and several with their dog. It's one thing to not want to parade a child around, like Mr Cowell does, but for there to be not a single picture of them seems more than peculiar.

Perhaps he'll go on to marry his agent (like Dec is doing) or his assistant (like Paul McKenna has), or get a friend's wife to have an actual baby for him, like his BGT boss has done, and continue to live a lie.

Respectfully, I think what's more peculiar is the fact that you felt compelled to google such images.

Not every celebrity relies on kerching photo shoots of their children. Not every celebrity is as cretinous as the likes of Katona et al who like to parade their children like pieces of meat. They are obviously a private couple - and more power to them. Both talented and successful in their own right and don't feel the need to cash in on their family life. It's a real shame it appears to have ended - I like the fact that they're both pretty quirky and they did seem genuinely loved up. Whatever the reasons, it's none of our business - let's offer them the respect and privacy they deserve.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member

Good God. ^ Only to someone determined to believe what they want to believe regardless of the very obvious evidence to the contrary.

I really like these two and they seemed really happy together. Hope they manage to sort things out.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    I also heard he was very good in the Kenneth Williams thing he did but I never saw that for myself.

I think you mean Frankie Howerd.[/QUOTE]

Quite right Claire. Sorry for the error. Frankie Howerd and Kenneth Williams obviously reside in the same bit of my brain. Both camp entertainers who died when I was young.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked at the number of people here who are convinced David is gay just because he acts in rather 'camp' way on TV. He had many girlfriends before he was married and there is absolutely no reason why he wouldn't be 'out' if he was gay.

It's a shame that their marriage didn't work out (especially for their son) but I wish him well and hope it is amicable.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I like David Walliams a lot and his family seem nice, so very surprised and sad to hear this. Like others have said I hope the split is a reasonably amicable one and that things stay civilised for the sake of the kid.

And woe betide any famous parents should try to keep their young child's face out of the media!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I'd read it all on DS but a claim of a fictional baby? Wow. Go for a walk. Outside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Nice to see he's finally had a shave.