Options

Zoe slater

Joe_GuerraJoe_Guerra Posts: 191
Forum Member
Apparently Zoe slater is gonna return this summer with the 50/50 possibility of a new actress or Ryan returning. Does anyone know if this is true or heard anything?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this as well last week I don't know if this is true
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope Zoe. Zoe has to return at some point regardless of actress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw this as well last week I don't know if this is true

I would like it to be true :3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope Zoe. Zoe has to return at some point regardless of actress.

It seems that if Ryan was to return that she is only really returning cos the show is exceptionally popular at the moment 😁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Michelle Ryan will ever return to eastenders.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Would be great if she did
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is there any reason why? She hardly had alot of roles since her US series was axed
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Patsy Palmer and Lindsey Coulson apparently rule out EE returns in the past? They came back (and Carol is still on).

As the R&B singer Brandy said "never say never".

Zöe has been gone for 10 years now and it feels like her story on the Square is unfinished after the stuff involving Den Watts ended. Plus Kat needs a boost and who better than her daughter to provide that? Michelle Ryan could very well come back, just as Patsy and Lindsey did.

She has been getting some acting work on both sides of the Atlantic (after Bionic Woman flopped she continued to land roles, such as in Doctor Who, Merlin and Covert Affairs and she was in an episode of Death In Paradise last year I think) so part of it depends on whether she wants to come back more permanently to the UK, to the soap that made her initially. Ryan doesn't seem to be enjoying a career like Robert Kazinsky is at the moment (he started slowly after leaving EE but in the recent times his stock has really risen in the US), so perhaps she might opt for a return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any reason why? She hardly had alot of roles since her US series was axed
    The way she always acting as if she is bigger than the show and always saying she wouldn't return to eastenders because she moved on to bigger things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The way she always acting as if she is bigger than the show and always saying she wouldn't return to eastenders because she moved on to bigger things.

Yes but she hasn't moved on to bigger things so there is nothing holding her back to return to a show which is pretty big atm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From what i found on wiki (not sure if its everything she has done) most of her stuff are guest appearence so she isnt too big for the show she just has an attutude but i hate it when people crap on there doorstep when she owes her career to them
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was hardly a great actress. I hope that they recast if she does have to be brought back. They didn't think twice about recasting Ben, Peter or Martin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Guerra wrote: »
    Yes but she hasn't moved on to bigger things so there is nothing holding her back to return to a show which is pretty big atm
    True.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they recast her, they'd surely have to bring in an equally attractive brunette. That was a slight problem with the new Shabnam. I mean she's OK looking, but the original one was a stunner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they recast her, they'd surely have to bring in an equally attractive brunette. That was a slight problem with the new Shabnam. I mean she's OK looking, but the original one was a beauty.

Id very they would cast someone who wasnt attractive and a great actress then go for beauty
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She was hardly a great actress. I hope that they recast if she does have to be brought back. They didn't think twice about recasting Ben, Peter or Martin.

Actually none of us really know if the James alexandrou Martin and the Thomas law peter were consulted about a return or not but it seems that James was asked but didn't want to return. Also I think she was quite a good actress with the 'you ain't my mother' story and the descent into prostitution. She was even quite good when playing a background character
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what i found on wiki (not sure if its everything she has done) most of her stuff are guest appearence so she isnt to big for the show she just as an attutude but i hate it when people crap on there doorstep when she owes her career to them
    Yeah 10 years ago she said she was finding boring doing the same thing every day and would like to move on bigger things but where is now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually none of us really know if the James alexandrou Martin and the Thomas law peter were consulted about a return or not but it seems that James was asked but didn't want to return. Also I think she was quite a good actress with the 'you ain't my mother' story and the descent into prostitution. She was even quite good when playing a background character

If i remember correctly James gave his blessing for a recast
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If i remember correctly James gave his blessing for a recast

Exactly. And DTC seems to be a pretty respectful producer who also
    wants to bring back classic characters
  • Options
    ChatterFaceChatterFace Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that if Zoe was to return that it wouldn't be a recast, I can accept recasts sometimes even though I am generally against them. There have been successful recasts in the past but Zoe and Kat had one of the biggest moments in EastEnders and I don't think I could accept another face being Zoe and interacting with Kat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why she ruled out a return for years did she have a problem with the producers or jessie Wallace?
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why she ruled out a return for years did she have a problem with the producers or jessie Wallace?

There is few who haven't had a problem with Jessie so its likely Michelle did too.

Elaine Lordan, Babs Windsor, Steve McFadden & Hannah Waterman all certainly did.

McFadden campaigned to stop her returning unsuccessfully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    There is few who haven't had a problem with Jessie so its likely Michelle did too.

Elaine Lordan, Babs Windsor, Steve McFadden & Hannah Waterman all certainly did.

McFadden campaigned to stop her returning unsuccessfully.

That's just unprofessional of Steve to campaign for someone not to return to a job:"). And Barbara and jessie only had one row but made up that day. I think jessie has made up with most the case her second time round anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just unprofessional of Steve to campaign for someone not to return to a job:"). And Barbara and jessie only had one row but made up that day. I think jessie has made up with most the case her second time round anyway

I think Jessie as learnt she needs to grow up
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think bringing Zoe back, even for a guest stint would do wonders for Kat.