Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who upload photos sideways on, how fuggin difficult is it to upload the thing the right way up? JEEEEZUS
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When flying in an aeroplane, people who clap and cheer when the plane lands.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Chavs who wheel their shopping trollies home then dump them on their estate..or in the middle of the road>:( Surely this is theft, yet I see police drive right past these fools wheeling their crates of beer back to their homes.
  • Options
    PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who put a space before punctuation marks.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Piazza wrote: »
    People who put a space before punctuation marks.

I know someone on another forum who does that and to make it even more annoying, he never uses full stops, just exclamation or question marks throw in randomly ? (like that :) )
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,580
    Forum Member
    Writing London phone numbers as 0207 xxx xxxx instead of 020 7xxx xxxx. Same with 0208. London has 8-digit numbers and the area code is just 020!
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Writing London phone numbers as 0207 xxx xxxx instead of 020 7xxx xxxx. Same with 0208. London has 8-digit numbers and the area code is just 020!

I once saw a phone number in Peterborough written 0173 3xx xxxx.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever you read a thread about a subject, why are 80% of of the people in it always having to crack a joke and go off topic completely. Shouldn't there be a sepreate humour/joke forum for that?

Also people that reply to a question thread with a 'no I have never done that' type answer.... Well don't bloody comment on the thread then!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posters that stay on topic. :D
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever you read a thread about a subject, why are 80% of of the people in it always having to crack a joke and go off topic completely. Shouldn't there be a sepreate humour/joke forum for that?

Also people that reply to a question thread with a 'no I have never done that' type answer.... Well don't bloody comment on the thread then!!

Yes these are annoying, but worst of all are the b*stards who suggest a poster tries Google. >:(
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Yes these are annoying, but worst of all are the b*stards who suggest a poster tries Google. >:(

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I+am+one+of+those+bastards
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I once saw a phone number in Peterborough written 0173 3xx xxxx.

Writing phoning numbers incorrectly is very common.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_telephone_code_misconceptions
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »

worse than them are the people who ask questions which they could easily google the answers to, but are either a) too stupid or b) too lazy to find out for themselves.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is: Chatter. There are trolls who prefer to derail every thread topic into off-topic trivial personal chat. There is no need for anyone to post on a discussion forum if they don't like discussion. They could go to a chatroom, or go on facebook or wherever chitchat is the name of the game.
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackapple wrote: »
    People who upload photos sideways on, how fuggin difficult is it to upload the thing the right way up? JEEEEZUS

I hate that too. Also people who post a photo which is in fact a screen grab of a photo in their camera roll. I just don't get it. I can't even explain it properly. But once you've seen it once, you'll know what I mean
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Writing phoning numbers incorrectly is very common.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_telephone_code_misconceptions

I remember when the change came in, we went from dialling for example 425755 to 90 425755 the previous code was 01232 and because NI is so small I always had to use the 028 because all my friends were in 91/92 etc areas so I'm used to just saying 02890, 02891 etc.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Toast crumbs in butter.
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »

I like that :blush:

Should happen more often!
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You used to get that quite a lot, not so much now in my experience.
    As I always carry both my passports when I travel, (you never know), if people start to clap on touchdown I very carefully put the U.K. one in my carry-on bag, and slide my French one into the breast pocket of my shirt, ready for passport control.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    People who read your txt but don't reply, then go onto twitter for ages. Then when you ask why they didn't reply they say "I was busy"

BUSY!! BUSY!!!

Busy talking out of your arse to strangers rather than to your OH!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    I remember when the change came in, we went from dialling for example 425755 to 90 425755 the previous code was 01232 and because NI is so small I always had to use the 028 because all my friends were in 91/92 etc areas so I'm used to just saying 02890, 02891 etc.

Though now of course you don't have to use the 028 for anywhere else in NI.
  • Options
    Matt_MaherMatt_Maher Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm with you on that one.
    It's like people clapping and cheering me when I get into work on time and finish for the day.

Loads more things annoy me, I need to sit down at the weekend for 20 minutes and make a list.

* People who claim to have watched every film and tv show going and listened to every band going.
    There aren't enough hours in the day, especially if you work full time, yet i've known people who seem to have seen everything. They're either lying completely or they think skimming through something counts as absorbing it.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The jobcentre I swear to god they go out of their way to pick the most horrible, power tripping crazies to work as 'advisors'.

I did my 35hrs worksearch and the guy got all personal insinuating my work is no good as I haven't yet been full time employed in the area my degree is in since I graduated in November.
    Who the hell does he think he is? He hasn't even seen my work, the fact that I've got to interview stage dozens of times at least says there's some potential. I can't help the fact that aren't many jobs in Design, I can't help the fact there are usually at least 60 others going for the same job I get interviewed for.

I said to him all you care about is ticking boxes, I have applied for other stuff too -admin,receptionist jobs etc and he made out like I hadn't bothered,and for those admin type jobs I never got interviewed for them so what's wrong with me searching for jobs in my field?

He's tried to slap a sanction on me even though I've done the 35 hrs and applied for jobs this week.
    So unprofessional of him to get nasty/personal like that.

It's irritated me , what an absolute prick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    The jobcentre I swear to god they go out of their way to pick the most horrible, power tripping crazies to work as 'advisors'.

I did my 35hrs worksearch and the guy got all personal insinuating my work is no good as I haven't yet been full time employed in the area my degree is in since I graduated in November.
    Who the hell does he think he is? He hasn't even seen my work, the fact that I've got to interview stage dozens of times at least says there's some potential. I can't help the fact that aren't many jobs in Design, I can't help the fact there are usually at least 60 others going for the same job I get interviewed for.

I said to him all you care about is ticking boxes, I have applied for other stuff too -admin,receptionist jobs etc and he made out like I hadn't bothered,and for those admin type jobs I never got interviewed for them so what's wrong with me searching for jobs in my field?

He's tried to slap a sanction on me even though I've done the 35 hrs and applied for jobs this week.
    So unprofessional of him to get nasty/personal like that.

It's irritated me , what an absolute prick.

This sounds dreadful and absolutely not trivial!
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Chavs who wheel their shopping trollies home then dump them on their estate..or in the middle of the road>:( Surely this is theft, yet I see police drive right past these fools wheeling their crates of beer back to their homes.

We live near a subway and we often find abandoned trolley's left there - the local Tesco is a few minutes walk away
This discussion has been closed.