Options

Corrie: Is Erica Here To Stay?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong, I do think Claire King is a capable actress, is is Erica sticking aroundppermanently?
She is pretty much one dimensional and all she seems to do is have sex with Nick, annoy Gail and gossip with Liz.
I like her friendship with Liz, but that's really it! I wonder if they'll flesh out her character a bit more and give her a good story. Somehow i doubt it :/

Comments

• Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell - I hope not! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention she's a bit of a drunken lush isn't she
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not, she's awful!
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    A complete & utter waste of time cluttering up the show like many of Stuart Blackburn's new characrers (Nazirs, Andrea, Callum, Maddie to name a few)!!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she is, but perhaps she could soften a bit, I can imagine her being friends with Carla
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An awful character with no depth. Another lazy casting by Corrie bringing in a popular ex-soap star trying to cash in on their past success. They should have learnt from their mistakes with the God awful Stella but no they've done it again.
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    I hope not. She's an awful character.

Why does corrie insist on mis-matching couples, either by beautiful women with averageish looking men or younger men with older women.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's alright but the show doesn't need her. It's a shame for Claire King to be brought in when Corrie is at it's most lowest point.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first appearance was temporary to see how well she did and now I think this is long term due to it being a success. Might only be a 6 month stint and then extended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling she will work behind the bar as Eva's replacement.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope so. I like her :)
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »

But where will she live? It'll obviously have to be on the Street.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    But where will she live? It'll obviously have to be on the Street.

She could live in the new flats, robs old flat maybe
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member

Sadly it's looking that way since she happened to return on the same night Eileen just happened to be 'accidentally' sacked!!
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An awful character with no depth. Another lazy casting by Corrie bringing in a popular ex-soap star trying to cash in on their past success. They should have learnt from their mistakes with the God awful Stella but no they've done it again.
    With the show on the decline, the last thing it needs is a sex-mad old woman. The leer on her face when she sees anything in trousers is enough to make viewers switch off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could move in with Nick, and pay him rent
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Missed opportunity when you look back to her first scenes with Eva, Liz and Tony.

Woman with no baggage gone needy cougar.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the show on the decline, the last thing it needs is a sex-mad old woman. The leer on her face when she sees anything in trousers is enough to make viewers switch off.
    I'm not keen on the character but she's hardly an 'old woman'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I do think Claire King is a capable actress, is is Erica sticking aroundppermanently?
    She is pretty much one dimensional and all she seems to do is have sex with Nick, annoy Gail and gossip with Liz.
    I like her friendship with Liz, but that's really it! I wonder if they'll flesh out her character a bit more and give her a good story. Somehow i doubt it :/

I don't like the character much. I agree that she's one dimensional and every time she's onscreen I can only think of the Cheshire Cat - all she seems to do is grin and gurn at everyone. The actor may well be capable of better, but she's certainly not being given the opportunity to show it. And was that Liz's coat she was wearing last night? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flowes wrote: »
    I hope not. She's an awful character.

Why does corrie insist on mis-matching couples, either by beautiful women with averageish looking men or younger men with older women.

I can only think it's a vain attempt to make things "interesting". :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the character much. I agree that she's one dimensional and every time she's onscreen I can only think of the Cheshire Cat - all she seems to do is grin and gurn at everyone. The actor may well be capable of better, but she's certainly not being given the opportunity to show it. And was that Liz's coat she was wearing last night? :o

It definitely wasn't Liz's, but a incredibly similar. It was just to show that Erica has lots of things in common with Liz. Except Liz is hotter:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely wasn't Liz's, but a incredibly similar. It was just to show that Erica has lots of things in common with Liz. Except Liz is hotter:p

Well at least she wasn't wearing the hat! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least she wasn't wearing the hat! :D

Oh god! Don't remind me. I don't really know what Liz was thinking wearing that monstrosity on her head! She must have snatched it from Stuart Blackburn's office in revenge for making her wear that coat:D
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shut up! What a nasty comment.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree! Sups, shags and smirks! :o