Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 59)

Comments

• Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »
    Hello all :D

apparently 6 dogs were taken ill at Crufts, on different days.

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Wow so it wasn't a one-off that was targeted then:confused: Surely they must have been spotted :confused:
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awfully tragic news from French reality show 'The Dropped', the celebs and crew were heading off to La Rioja in Argentina to be 'dropped' into the jungle to see how they survive in those conditions.
    Ten people were killed.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/10/ten-dead-in-apparent-helicopter-crash-in-argentina

The helicopters collided in mid-air just after takeoff while filming the adventure show Dropped for France’s biggest private TV station, TF1. The programme, an adaptation of a Swedish format, took famous sporting figures blindfolded by helicopter and left them in the wilderness, having to use their skills to find their way back to civilisation.

Eight French nationals were killed, including crew members, and two Argentinian pilots. There were no survivors.
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    How absolutely AWFUL Joni! I suppose it must have been pilot error. What a waste.....
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hello all :D

apparently 6 dogs were taken ill at Crufts, on different days.
    How come only one died?
    Barracute wrote: »
    Wow so it wasn't a one-off that was targeted then:confused: Surely they must have been spotted :confused:
    You would think so. :confused: Especially with all the cameras and people taking photos of their pets?
    Joni M wrote: »
    Awfully tragic news from French reality show 'The Dropped', the celebs and crew were heading off to La Rioja in Argentina to be 'dropped' into the jungle to see how they survive in those conditions.
    Ten people were killed.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/10/ten-dead-in-apparent-helicopter-crash-in-argentina

The helicopters collided in mid-air just after takeoff while filming the adventure show Dropped for France’s biggest private TV station, TF1. The programme, an adaptation of a Swedish format, took famous sporting figures blindfolded by helicopter and left them in the wilderness, having to use their skills to find their way back to civilisation.

Eight French nationals were killed, including crew members, and two Argentinian pilots. There were no survivors.

How horrible!

I think there might be something in this because there is no shortage of narcissists! :p
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/10/parents-who-praise-children-too-much-may-encourage-narcissism-says-study
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten people were killed.

How sad that is, i suppose one was filming the other and got too close:confused:
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Wow so it wasn't a one-off that was targeted then:confused:Surely they must have been spotted :confused:
    Hi Barra.:+))))))))))))))))
    No, the spotted ones are dalmatians.
    Ten people were killed.

Hi Joni.:+)))))))))))))))

How dreadful. OMG, it doesn't bear thinking about, tragic isn't the word.
    How sad that is, i suppose one was filming the other and got too close:confused:
    I agree, it's sounds like an accident that shouldn't have happened.
    Be very surprised if it wasn't pilot error.
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Vacuum the shelves? Is that a "thing" ? :confused: I thought Moots was just clearing a space, not practicing weird self harm. :p

LOL - it's certainly not 'a thing' here, I can barely summon up the interest/energy to hoover the floors:cool:

I didn't manage to get to Crufts (did you in the end Moots) but given all the horrendousness which has come to light since the weekend, I'm quite glad I didn't go lining anyone's pocket.

I don't understand why the 'poisoned' dog died so much later and that woman definitely picked up her dog by the head and tail:o

It's too much now, I imagine it's rigged, the dogs I favour never win any more!

Just popped in really to see if Hicky is still ambulant and to see how Pippin is after her op. I've seen Hicky but have to read back about P. Hicky, they write on your leg while you're conscious so you'll be able to direct the marker pen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    LOL - it's certainly not 'a thing' here, I can barely summon up the interest/energy to hoover the floors:cool:

I didn't manage to get to Crufts (did you in the end Moots) but given all the horrendousness which has come to light since the weekend, I'm quite glad I didn't go lining anyone's pocket.

I don't understand why the 'poisoned' dog died so much later and that woman definitely picked up her dog by the head and tail:o

Just popped in really to see if Hicky is still ambulant and to see how Pippin is after her op. I've seen Hicky but have to read back about P. Hicky, they write on your leg while you're conscious so you'll be able to direct the marker pen!
    Evening JoJo.:+))))))))))))))))))

It does seem that the dog maybe wasn't given the poison at the show, but later.

I struggle to walk at the mo, but they have brought my Op nearer by a week, it's on the 18th now, next Wednesday, they had a cancellation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The exact same thing that happened to Amy-Louise happened to Pippin. Swollen breasts, false pregnancy etc and we were called back to pick her up and will attempt the op in a couple of weeks. :(
    I made a show of myself for nothing. :blush:

Oh dear, poor Pippin and poor you! You'll have to build yourself up to it all over again now ....

I also read that you didn't make Crufts either Moots - good job we didn't arrange to meet up in the end, we'd have felt obliged to struggle in!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

I struggle to walk at the mo, but they have brought my Op nearer by a week, it's on the 18th now, next Wednesday, they had a cancellation.

Oh you lucky boy!! Still, sooner they do it, the sooner you'll be back to your old self, so hopefully you won't lose the summer. I mean in terms of sorting the garden, of course, not losing it all together!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh you lucky boy!! Still, sooner they do it, the sooner you'll be back to your old self, so hopefully you won't lose the summer. I mean in terms of sorting the garden, of course, not losing it all together!
    Yes, i want to get it over with, hoping i can get back into the garden a few days after the Op, can't see me staying in bed, got so much to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Barra.:+))))))))))))))))
    No, the spotted ones are dalmatians.

ha very good !
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was meant to be going to Crufts too but we changed our minds after a long journey to Sheffield the day before. Just as well.
    Still, next year, after the culprit is behind bars it would be nice if we could all meet up there?

Oh good. The sooner the better. You will be back to your old self in no time. :)
    Oh dear, poor Pippin and poor you! You'll have to build yourself up to it all over again now ....
    !
    When the vet rang to tell me it was cancelled I assumed the worst. :( I don't know if it is common to cancel ops when they are lactating? (invisibly)

*sniggers*
    Yes, i want to get it over with, hoping i can get back into the garden a few days after the Op, can't see me staying in bed, got so much to do.

It might be an idea to get one of those very padded and comfortable garden chairs, Hicky, and then if you have to rest a lot at least you can be in the sunshine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was meant to be going to Crufts too but we changed our minds after a long journey to Sheffield the day before. Just as well.
    Still, next year, after the culprit is behind bars it would be nice if we could all meet up there?

Oh good. The sooner the better. You will be back to your old self in no time. :)
    When the vet rang to tell me it was cancelled I assumed the worst. :( I don't know if it is common to cancel ops when they are lactating? (invisibly)

*sniggers*

It might be an idea to get one of those very padded and comfortable garden chairs, Hicky, and then if you have to rest a lot at least you can be in the sunshine.
    Hi Honey.:+)))))))))))))))))

I will be very disappointed if i can't work in the garden within a week of the Op, can't really sit and watch the world go by, it's just not me.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I will be very disappointed if i can't work in the garden within a week of the Op, can't really sit and watch the world go by, it's just not me.
    You can if it means the difference between recovering properly or not! Its a big op so i imagine you will need to rest a bit and then take it easy for a couple of weeks. You dont want it to pop out again.
    You can sit on your throne in the garden and just give instructions to others doing the work for you. :) Dont forget, we have offered to come and help as soon as you are up to Giving instructions, and i bet you have lots of similar offers. The garden will be ship shape in no time.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think you might be a bit optimistic there Hicky - within a week??? Have you spoken to the medics about recovery times? I bet Mrs Saint Hicky will make sure you do all the right things:cool:
    You can if it means the difference between recovering properly or not! Its a big op so i imagine you will need to rest a bit and then take it easy for a couple of weeks. You dont want it to pop out again.
    You can sit on your throne in the garden and just give instructions to others doing the work for you. :) Dont forget, we have offered to come and help as soon as you are up to Giving instructions, and i bet you have lots of similar offers. The garden will be ship shape in no time.

Vets won't operate on bitches where there is any 'hormonal activity' and will smaller dogs it seems more complicated. My son's Pom had to be a certain number of days between cycles otherwise they wouldn't spay her - she's so small it was difficult to tell, but we did manage to work it out eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I also read that you didn't make Crufts either Moots - good job we didn't arrange to meet up in the end, we'd have felt obliged to struggle in!
    Indeed so JoJo! I'm afraid this is the third year in a row that I haven't been able to go..:(

When the vet rang to tell me it was cancelled I assumed the worst. :(I don't know if it is common to cancel ops when they are lactating? (invisibly)

*sniggers*

we MUST makethe effort, either there or somewhere else, and rope Barra in too:D. I think her lives nearby.

re the refusing to operate on an invisibly lactating dog, the v e t told me that as the breasts are swollen, so the blood supply to that area increases, and there is more risk of bleeding. I do hope you have lift off this Friday, or is it next Friday?

Amy-Louise is even more so her own self than usual....

Hicky, please PLEASE PLEASE[ do exactly what you are told to do after the op.:o, and no MORE!!
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,625
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello you lot:)

35C (real feel 41C) and sunny. Ugh.

Fingers crossed for you next week Hicky, and make sure you do as you are told post-op recuperation wise. * wags finger sternly* your garden can wait, your hip is more important.

I see Jermy Clarkson's been a naughty boy, allegedly. It'll be interesting to see if there's any way back for him after this. He, May and Hammond are Top Gear as far as I am concerned so without him they might as well quit.
    He is definitely a polarising figure though... Marmite in ill-fitting jeans :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))

Not as nice here today, wind expected and some rain, but it's sunny at the mo and just over 9C.
    Hi Honey.:+)))))))))))))))

I'll have to be careful then, to make a hip that pops out seems very strange, i could design one a lot better than that and make it on a 3D printer.
    Surely the ball of the joint should be held in so it can't pop out.
    I think you might be a bit optimistic there Hicky - within a week??? Have you spoken to the medics about recovery times? I bet Mrs Saint Hicky will make sure you do all the right things:cool:

Vets won't operate on bitches where there is any 'hormonal activity' and will smaller dogs it seems more complicated. My son's Pom had to be a certain number of days between cycles otherwise they wouldn't spay her - she's so small it was difficult to tell, but we did manage to work it out eventually.
    Hi JoJo.:+)))))))))))))))

There is recovery and recovery, i don't mind taking it easy but hoping i will be able to walk, that will be great, they will probably be having me walking within a couple of days.
    Indeed so JoJo! I'm afraid this is the third year in a row that I haven't been able to go..:(

we MUST makethe effort, either there or somewhere else, and rope Barra in too:D. I think her lives nearby.

re the refusing to operate on an invisibly lactating dog, the v e t told me that as the breasts are swollen, so the blood supply to that area increases, and there is more risk of bleeding. I do hope you have lift off this Friday, or is it next Friday?

Hicky, please PLEASE PLEASE[ do exactly what you are told to do after the op.:o, and no MORE!!
    Hi Moots.:+)))))))))))))))))

I doubt if they will tell me much, i know i can't cross my legs, have to sleep on my back, can't bend my hip much, it's going to be hard.
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Good Morning Eddy.:+))))))))))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

!

her!?! her!??! classic typo Moots :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys:D
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Hello you lot

Fingers crossed for you next week Hicky, and make sure you do as you are told post-op recuperation wise. * wags finger sternly* your garden can wait, your hip is more important.

I see Jermy Clarkson's been a naughty boy, allegedly. It'll be interesting to see if there's any way back for him after this. He, May and Hammond are Top Gear as far as I am concerned so without him they might as well quit.
    He is definitely a polarising figure though... Marmite in ill-fitting jeans

I can't stand the man, OR the programme. Is he a tad Bi-Polar? I feel sorry for May and Hammond though.>:(
    her!?! her!??! classic typo Moots

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
    how did I miss that?? Sorry Barra!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all. :)
    I think you might be a bit optimistic there Hicky - within a week??? Have you spoken to the medics about recovery times? I bet Mrs Saint Hicky will make sure you do all the right things

That is exactly what i am worried about. When she was booked in the vet impressed on me that only one particular day would do, so now i cant help thinking that when she has the op it will be at the "wrong" time and therefore more dangerous. :(
    Indeed so JoJo! I'm afraid this is the third year in a row that I haven't been able to go.

we MUST makethe effort, either there or somewhere else, and rope Barra in too I think her lives nearby.

Joni.Elfy, Hicky and me could all go down in a posse. :D Mind you, we will have to blindfold poor Hicky so he cant see the dogs.

Did Amy-Louise have to wear a collar to stop stitch licking?

Hello Halla. :) Nice to see you.
    I wonder what Clarkson actually did? The reports are vastly different.

I'll have to be careful then, to make a hip that pops out seems very strange, i could design one a lot better than that and make it on a 3D printer.
    Surely the ball of the joint should be held in so it can't pop out.

You would think so, wouldn't you? Maybe you should get designing quick.

There is recovery and recovery, i don't mind taking it easy but hoping i will be able to walk, that will be great, they will probably be having me walking within a couple of days.
    I think they make everybody walk soon after an op to prevent clots and free up the bed.
    I doubt if they will tell me much, i know i can't cross my legs, have to sleep on my back, can't bend my hip much, it's going to be hard. .
    :confused: How will you know if you roll onto your side in the night? Does Mrs (Saint) Hicky have to stay awake and watch?
    Hi Guys:D

I can't stand the man, OR the programme. Is he a tad Bi-Polar? I feel sorry for May and Hammond though.>:(
    !

If he has suddenly gone a bit loopy they should be supporting him, not firing him.

I couldn't be less interested in cars if i tried so i have only ever seen the couple of episodes a relative was in and i even slept through those!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hi Halla.:+)))))))))))))

I missed your post this morning, posted close together.

I'm hoping for a quick recovery, very quick.

It is said Jeremy punched a production feller, but without him they don't have a show.
    He might jump ship with his mates and start his own show.
    Afternoon all. :)
    That is exactly what i am worried about. When she was booked in the vet impressed on me that only one particular day would do, so now i cant help thinking that when she has the op it will be at the "wrong" time and therefore more dangerous. :(

Joni.Elfy, Hicky and me could all go down in a posse. :D Mind you, we will have to blindfold poor Hicky so he cant see the dogs.

Did Amy-Louise have to wear a collar to stop stitch licking?

Hello Halla. :) Nice to see you.
    I wonder what Clarkson actually did? The reports are vastly different.

You would think so, wouldn't you? Maybe you should get designing quick.

I think they make everybody walk soon after an op to prevent clots and free up the bed.

:confused:How will you know if you roll onto your side in the night? Does Mrs (Saint) Hicky have to stay awake and watch?

If he has suddenly gone a bit loopy they should be supporting him, not firing him.

I couldn't be less interested in cars if i tried so i have only ever seen the couple of episodes a relative was in and i even slept through those!
    Very hard to sleep on your back, no idea how you do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
    how did I miss that?? Sorry Barra!

Easy done Moots :D