Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember the Platts having the garage converted (the Corkhills iirc in Brookside but not the Platts) & if it had been why do they all go upstairs to their respective rooms?
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Aliya had her own flat when she was first in it as Gary crashed there when they first met, and there was that 'hilarious' misunderstanding about if he'd slept with her. But I thought she came back to live with her dad when she'd finished her course?

Imagine someone in the street living more than fifty yards from their workplace, doesn't bear thinking about
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hasnt Aliya got her own flat somewhere? also the Platts had the garage converted into a bedroom so that explains that one. I do wonder though why the Nazir's left their nice detached house to live in Corrie St. and why does Kal, a successful business owner live at home with his kids and parents? :confused::confused:

The Platt's never had the garage converted to a bedroom, that was in Brookside, as someone else said. Also, if you remember, when David bought the house from Gail, he said she could only continue living there if she moved into the boxroom, so that Max could have the bigger bedroom. As far as we know, she still sleeps there, and now with Michael, which is ridiculous.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    ericos wrote: »
    I dont remember the Platts having the garage converted (the Corkhills iirc in Brookside but not the Platts) & if it had been why do they all go upstairs to their respective rooms?
    I remember it being converted, or at least they talked about converting it. Probably another abandoned story.
    The Platt's never had the garage converted to a bedroom, that was in Brookside, as someone else said. Also, if you remember, when David bought the house from Gail, he said she could only continue living there if she moved into the boxroom, so that Max could have the bigger bedroom. As far as we know, she still sleeps there, and now with Michael, which is ridiculous.

Thats because she forgot about the luxury en-suite huge bedroom that used to be the garage. As you do. ;-)

Even if the garage wasn't converted you would think they would sleep in it anyway because it has to be better than the boxroom? Or get a flat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the Platts can't have had the garage converted as I can't remember a storyline with Charlie Stubbs/Owen/Jason doing it with some sort of disaster or hilarious misunderstanding occurring. And what's the likelihood they would have got a builder from the Yellow Pages or similar?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol very true
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's high time Gail and Michael got a place of ther own, what was the point of David buying the house when Gail continues to live there like it's still hers and now has moved her freeloading boyfriend in. I suppose at the moment he needs help with the kids, but will they still live there when Kylie comes back, I wonder? Will be interesting to see where Sarah and her now grown up daughter are going to live, they can't possibly live in that house, surely?
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's high time Gail and Michael got a place of ther own, what was the point of David buying the house when Gail continues to live there like it's still hers and now has moved her freeloading boyfriend in. I suppose at the moment he needs help with the kids, but will they still live there when Kylie comes back, I wonder? Will be interesting to see where Sarah and her now grown up daughter are going to live, they can't possibly live in that house, surely?

I bet they do! :D
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    I bet they do! :D

Maybe they move in with nick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fayemian wrote: »
    Plus the Platts can't have had the garage converted as I can't remember a storyline with Charlie Stubbs/Owen/Jason doing it with some sort of disaster or hilarious misunderstanding occurring. And what's the likelihood they would have got a builder from the Yellow Pages or similar?

I think " Thingy that drowned himself" was a builder wasn't he?

There is a bit of space at the back of the Ironing board. They can have that! ;-)
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could put a small bed in the cupboard under the stairs.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,485
    Forum Member
    How on earth does David pay for anything, let alone a house.

He never seems to go to the Salon anymore.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why hasn't Michael got a job? I know he has a dicky ticker, but did he not have a job on an ice cream van?

Why doesn't Owen's ex take Sean and Andrea and Lloyd and Michele and Fizz and Maddie and Liz and Tony and Tracy and the Nazirs and Anna and Faye and Owen and Sinead and Chesney and Tyrone and Amy and Simon........ to Portugal with her, it would make a nice change for them all.
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Why hasn't Michael got a job? I know he has a dicky ticker, but did he not have a job on an ice cream van?

Why doesn't Owen's ex take Sean and Andrea and Lloyd and Michele and Fizz and Maddie and Liz and Tony and Tracy and the Nazirs and Anna and Faye and Owen and Sinead and Chesney and Tyrone and Amy and Simon........ to Portugal with her, it would make a nice change for them all.

He has got a job, in Streetcars. The ice-cream van seems to have been forgotten. So as he and Gail both have jobs, and she even has some savings, no reason why they can't get their own place. Though I suppose somewhere on the street has to become available first!
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Aliya had her own flat when she was first in it as Gary crashed there when they first met, and there was that 'hilarious' misunderstanding about if he'd slept with her. But I thought she came back to live with her dad when she'd finished her course?
    t

Wasn't it a friend of Alya's that Gary 'crashed' at that night they met?
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Maybe they move in with nick

Or with Eileen, she always has room for another one.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    hasnt Aliya got her own flat somewhere? also the Platts had the garage converted into a bedroom so that explains that one. I do wonder though why the Nazir's left their nice detached house to live in Corrie St. and why does Kal, a successful business owner live at home with his kids and parents? :confused::confused:

Within some cultures its common for the eldest son to stay living at home. The theory is that the eldest son and the father both work to earn money while the mum and the wife stay home doing housework and raising any young children. As they all get older the wife (and older children) take on the role of looking after an elder mother and father in law. That way the elders stay living at home instead of a care home, and they know the family will be caring for them financially and personally.

Although it is a bit far fetched, because where i have seen examples of it on tv, the men are successful so they usually live in a large house with seperate living areas. Thats where corrie have dropped the ball having three generations cramped into a small 3 bed house!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FionnB wrote: »
    He has got a job, in Streetcars. The ice-cream van seems to have been forgotten. So as he and Gail both have jobs, and she even has some savings, no reason why they can't get their own place. Though I suppose somewhere on the street has to become available first!
    I think the ice cream van has been mislaid somewhere. :D
    Wasn't it a friend of Alya's that Gary 'crashed' at that night they met?

She must be in the ice cream van because we havent seen her since!
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She must be in the ice cream van because we havent seen her since!

I think it's been parked in the incorrect place in the vehicle/children storage facility. :( There'll be a big problem when the next hilarious ice-cream van storyline comes along.

(I think Steve's Noddy Car has been similarly mislaid and I'm suspicious that Kevin may be operating a theft ring for people who want more unusual vehicles)
  • Options
    ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nick vandalised the ice cream van in a fit of pique. Maybe it was damaged beyond economic repair and Les had to scrap it
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zebstriker wrote: »
    Nick vandalised the ice cream van in a fit of pique. Maybe it was damaged beyond economic repair and Les had to scrap it

Didnt he just break some glass (cant remember if it was on the drivers window or the wing mirror). Am sure it could be replaced :p
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously in the winter months the ice cream van does not do much - if any - business, so he doesn't go round.

Our guy has only just returned this week.

Maybe Michael will get the van out again soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only a short term thing doing a favour for a mate wasn't it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously in the winter months the ice cream van does not do much - if any - business, so he doesn't go round.
    I wish you would tell our local ice cream man that. He stops outside our house every day at four o clock all year round and does the whole "nursery rhyme at full blast" thing even though nobody has bought anything for ten years! :D
    ericos wrote: »
    It was only a short term thing doing a favour for a mate wasn't it

Oh yes. That was one of the crowd of mates we saw at the wedding. ;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since when do ice cream vans make their money from selling ice cream? ;-)
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when do ice cream vans make their money from selling ice cream? ;-)

If the rumours about the ice cream van round where I used to live were anything to go by, ice cream was the last thing they sold :o
This discussion has been closed.