Options

F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2015 Season

Comments

• Options
    LiamCarbinLiamCarbin Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Replaying of the timing doesn't seem to be working on the F1 app - catching up with FP2
  • Options
    dee_effdee_eff Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    But they were / are covering the practise sessions. I listened to them last night.

And I listened to the BBC on the official app once they got rid of what sounded to me like a cross-talk problem at 07:15 CET
  • Options
    samburrowssamburrows Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably missing something really obvious but I cannot find a link to 'Register' (Subscribe) to F1 Access anwyhere! Even when I click subscribe it just takes me to the page with all the blurb on.
  • Options
    EchtiEchti Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    While browsing through the new F1 website I noticed that they dropped a few features: results from past seasons are gone as well as the picture gallery.
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    samburrows wrote: »
    I'm probably missing something really obvious but I cannot find a link to 'Register' (Subscribe) to F1 Access anwyhere! Even when I click subscribe it just takes me to the page with all the blurb on.

Doesnt work anyway

"Registration for F1® Access is currently unavailable whilst we carry out some maintenance. "

Just catching up with F1 practice, I like Skys new intro, following on in Hamiltons success.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echti wrote: »
    While browsing through the new F1 website I noticed that they dropped a few features: results from past seasons are gone as well as the picture gallery.

Results from past seasons - this will be coming back as time progresses, with an official results database.
  • Options
    Guv'norGuv'nor Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a one race only trial of the lap counter/timer at the top left of the screen before it reverted to top middle for round 2. Think it was in Australia 04/05?
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guv'nor wrote: »
    There was a one race only trial of the lap counter/timer at the top left of the screen before it reverted to top middle for round 2. Think it was in Australia 04/05?

Australia 2004 yes top left, and it was Black box, white text. Before moving centrally and having a white box, black text. That was the new 2004 graphics set that moved away from the old yellow number squares etc. There were complaints about them being unreadable, and i'm sure after Bahrain they were slightly adjusted.

On the ITV F1 Highlights show they put a ITV Sport box over it to cover the skipped laps, but when it switched to the middle they couldn't really do that anymore.
  • Options
    FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,468
    Forum Member
    You mean this: http://i.imgur.com/Hzls1Mw.png Certainly looks odd heh, epecially as we're all so used to remembering it in the middle with white-on black text.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Results from past seasons - this will be coming back as time progresses, with an official results database.

I'm interested to know how the official results database will differ from the previous apparently-entirely-unofficial results section.
  • Options
    dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting errors on FOM's video page?
    Unfortunately, we are unable to play the video at this time.
    Error Code: TOKEN-EMPTY
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Australia 2004 yes top left, and it was Black box, white text. Before moving centrally and having a white box, black text.
    FOM Fan wrote: »
    You mean this: http://i.imgur.com/Hzls1Mw.png Certainly looks odd heh, epecially as we're all so used to remembering it in the middle with white-on black text.

2004 Melbourne FP2 with the timer on the top/right:
    http://www.veoh.com/watch/v27950288BbDYFm75

And FP2 for Malaysia that year where it was moved to the middle:
    http://www.veoh.com/watch/v27950289JsjrNGfa

Also note how the text was a lot smaller for the initial few races, Font size was increased from Imola onwards & was kept the same until the end of 2008.
  • Options
    EastendwhovianEastendwhovian Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Martin Brundle was on FP3 commentary today, is that the first time he's been up in the box for practice with sky?
  • Options
    DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Martin Brundle was on FP3 commentary today, is that the first time he's been up in the box for practice with sky?

No, he commentated on FP3 in Australia for Sky last year, too.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    FOM have put a bunch of video's on the Youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Formula1/videos

Looks like its stuff that was on the app last year & through testing this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Re f1 access subscriptions, had this email communication overnight from the f1 access team.
    The registration portal for F1 Access between the Official F1 App and Formula1.com isn't yet activated but we plan to have this ready in April.

Once this service is ready, as long as you are an F1 Access subscriber on either platform, you will be able to use the premium version of both the App and the web seamlessly. We'd welcome you to trial the premium services on the website and, as soon as the portal is ready, you will be notified and you can include a subscription to the app.

If you have already subscribed to the app, this process can be reversed. As a subscriber of the App, at some point in April, you will be notified on the app via a push notification to register an account on F1.com which will serve to link the services. You won't have to pay twice. We've endeavoured to deliver F1 Access across platforms.

Best Regards,

The F1 Access Team
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit random but where's Ant D this weekend? WEC duty?
  • Options
    mromegamromega Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    FOM need to re-add the checkered flag to the qualifying time tower, there is no indication of who is still on a qualifying lap and who has finished.
  • Options
    racefreakracefreak Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So pissed that it is still impossible to sync the timing app with the tv pictures. I pauze it a few seconds, then it is in sync for 10 seconds but it loses about a second every 10 seconds so after a few minutes the timing is about a minute behind the tv pictures.

In the 2013 app this worked perfectly, but since last year I can't use the app anymore. It spoils the results on TV because sport1 is 10 seconds behind the app (around 6 seconds on bbc)

Oh, and the new tv graphics are okay but a bit boring. They need to replace the black collor behind the names with the blue from the F1 digital graphics. Most cars are in black and grey, so the graphics could use some color. http://imgur.com/MLfx2ld
  • Options
    FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,468
    Forum Member
    FOM have put a bunch of video's on the Youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Formula1/videos

Looks like its stuff that was on the app last year & through testing this year.
    Not much though. Mostly a select few videos IMO, right now at least. I spose they'd ideally want to get users over to the main formula1.com video portal. It'd be interesting if they put some YouTube-exclusive videos on there.
  • Options
    chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mromega wrote: »
    FOM need to re-add the checkered flag to the qualifying time tower, there is no indication of who is still on a qualifying lap and who has finished.

Was just about to post this. It's one thing that really stood out to me as missing.
  • Options
    EchtiEchti Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    I wish FOM would remove the colored stripes alongside the position number. I find them very distracting.
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echti wrote: »
    I wish FOM would remove the colored stripes alongside the position number. I find them very distracting.
    I agree with the colour stripe, if you don't know what team the driver is racing for, a colour isnt going to let you know.

As someone already said, I hope they bring the chequered flag symbol back.
  • Options
    green_gibbongreen_gibbon Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Messed up the Sky+ last night, so tuned into Sky Sports F1's qualifying rerun at 10:15. During an ad break in the build-up, they showed a trail for tomorrow's race with Simon telling us all of the qualifying positions. Couldn't believe it! Totally ruined qualifying for me.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »

Any idea when?

That was one of the main reasons I visit the F1.com website.

Is the F1.com website being updated by the same people who're taking care of the software for Marussia?
This discussion has been closed.