Options

Madonna - Rebel Heart

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Sam really sold 30k yesterday then I would say it was more about Mothers Day. He is the male Adele pretty much.

Wow though that's of sales. I don't even think Adele sold 50k in one week. The album has already been out for year.

Nah! 50K in one week is nothing. Madonna's confessions album sold 215K in the UK in the first week! But that's because she had a good song and was literally everywhere! Sam Smith's album was being promoted by every single Supermarket yesterday as a Mother's day gift. It was seen all over the place. Why did Interscope not pay Supermarkets in the UK to do the same with Madonna? Are they really that clueless?
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Nah! 50K in one week is nothing. Madonna's confessions album sold 215K in the UK in the first week! But that's because she had a good song and was literally everywhere! Sam Smith's album was being promoted by every single Supermarket yesterday as a Mother's day gift. It was seen all over the place. Why did Interscope not pay Supermarkets in the UK to do the same with Madonna? Are they really that clueless?

Yeah but what I mean is that Sam's album has been out for a year already and its still managed to sell 50k. I don't even think Adele was shifting those numbers at the same point in time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Sam sold almost 30k in 48 hours that's incredible really so congrats to him I guess.

Madonna will get her 12th number 1 album one day and take her record then of the solo act with the most number 1 albums. I just wish I had been with Rebel Heart.

She could still get number 1 with Rebel Heart. If she can sustain 37K sales for next week then she could be number 1. it's up to her record company now. None of this is Madonna's fault. It is Interscope's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    Does Madonna have any live performances coming up at all?

I really want to see her perform Illuminati!

She is performing a different song from Rebel Heart each day on Ellen this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but what I mean is that Sam's album has been out for a year already and its still managed to sell 50k. I don't even think Adele was shifting those numbers at the same point in time.

I wish someone would tell me why he is good. He drones really well, but why is he good?
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So from what I can gather just from reading the posts in this thread, her manager is rubbish and promotion of the album is non existent?

I hope Ghosttown is a hit, it deserves to be!
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish someone would tell me why he is good. He drones really well, but why is he good?

If you find out that answer please tell me.
    I think a lot of it is to do with people jumping onto the hype bandwagon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    So from what I can gather just from reading the posts in this thread, her manager is rubbish and promotion of the album is non existent?

I think the album promo has been great! she has done promo in several different countries which included live performances. People forget Madonna has four kids. She can't do promo like she did when was 30!

Guy is a bad manager though. I've made my feelings clear on him however! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »

well, I suspect even you can see that the album was released without fanfare. Only die-hard Madonna fans knew it was released and they had already pre-ordered it. Just tell people the Madonna album is available to buy. People are not going to look for something they are not aware exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the album promo has been great! she has done promo in several different countries which included live performances. People forget Madonna has four kids. She can't do promo like she did when was 30!

Guy is a bad manager though. I've made my feelings clear on him however! :D

overall, she has been hard working with the record promotion. But, she needed to focus on the UK a bit more. The UK charts are second only to the USA for importance. During album release week, and the week preceding it, there was no promotion for Rebel Heart at all. No one was mentioning it other than R2 who had it as their album of the week. The coverage of her in Europe was far more prominent than the UK coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    overall, she has been hard working with the record promotion. But, she needed to focus on the UK a bit more. The UK charts are second only to the USA for importance. During album release week, and the week preceding it, there was no promotion for Rebel Heart at all. No one was mentioning it other than R2 who had it as their album of the week. The coverage of her in Europe was far more prominent than the UK coverage.

I actually think the oversight was her team not asking for the JR show to be shown last weekend. A clever mind would have had that as a condition of the interview. Her sales have rocketed today as a result of that one show but they came too late.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think the oversight was her team not asking for the JR show to be shown last weekend. A clever mind would have had that as a condition of the interview. Her sales have rocketed today as a result of that one show but they came too late.

Well, I think she should also have asked to go on Comic Relief as another poster suggested. There was also R2 where I'm sure they could have fitted her in for an interview. Jonathan Ross was OK when it aired but it should have been the final piece of the week's promotion, not the only bit.

We mustn't forget though, that 37K is still more than many albums have been getting to number 1 with recently. If only it wasn't Mother's Day! Blame it on an early Easter! :)
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I think she should also have asked to go on Comic Relief as another poster suggested. There was also R2 where I'm sure they could have fitted her in for an interview. Jonathan Ross was OK when it aired but it should have been the final piece of the week's promotion, not the only bit.

We mustn't forget though, that 37K is still more than many albums have been getting to number 1 with recently. If only it wasn't Mother's Day! Blame it on an early Easter! :)

There's no way she would have done comic relief, she hates live tv, she even said last night she likes to rehearse, rehearse and then rehearse some more. Something like comic relief which is manic, with not very much sticking to scheduled timing, she'd never do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    She done children in need ten years ago. You never know
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    There's no way she would have done comic relief, she hates live tv, she even said last night she likes to rehearse, rehearse and then rehearse some more. Something like comic relief which is manic, with not very much sticking to scheduled timing, she'd never do it.
    Honestly if she really wanted to, she would. She's even done Children in Need before for COADF.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened about the rumours of her doing The Voice? or was that just tabloid fodder?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    What happened about the rumours of her doing The Voice? or was that just tabloid fodder?

I don't think Madonna is keen on those type of shows. She normally performs on shows that she likes or be interviewed by people she likes.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shame about the number 1 , but still number 2 is great and I hope the album has some longevity.
    Performing Ghosttown on Comic Relief may have worked wonders but I suppose as with JR it was too little, too late.
    At the end of the day the chart position doesn't matter, it's about the sales, so if she can at least hold on in the top ten for a few more weeks that may be a good sign of some stability for the album sales wise.
    As for Sam Smith, I don't know what to say, it's funny I was in sainsbury's the other day and me and my mum were in the entertainment section, we noticed a display of Smith CD's and she told me if I got her one of those for mothers day she'd burn it LOL.
    This time next year no one will know who Sam Smith is, he's the latest fad, the Sande of 2014/15, soon he will be gone and no one will remember him, but people will ALWAYS remember Madonna.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted about Rebel Heart not being able to debut at Number 1, because it's such an amazing albums and it deserves it. It seems that the last time Madonna was really popular in the UK was 10 years ago for Confessions on a Dance Floor, I mean even her last single from that album (Jump) peaked at Number 9!

Does anyone know what Madonna's last album was that didn't debut at Number 1?
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted about Rebel Heart not being able to debut at Number 1, because it's such an amazing albums and it deserves it. It seems that the last time Madonna was really popular in the UK was 10 years ago for Confessions on a Dance Floor, I mean even her last single from that album (Jump) peaked at Number 9!

Erotica and Bedtime Stories didn't make number one, so Rebel Heart is in good company :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

GHV2 peaked at number 2 in 2001. Held off the number 1 spot by Westlife. Before that, both Erotica and Bedtime Stories peaked at number 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think the last one was Something to Remember and I love that album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it if she could climb next week but I doubt it will happen. Hopefully she will stay top 10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it if she could climb next week but I doubt it will happen. Hopefully she will stay top 10.

Well, I would happily buy two more versions of the album if a facebook page was set up urging every Madonna fan to buy a copy. I can keep one as a spare and give one away as a gift. If the momentum can be kept going then there's no reason why she can't be number 1 next week. Who is good at setting up facebook appeals?