Options

Rooney tries boxing Bardsley & gets knocked the **** out.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    englands captain

pathetic.

How was it "pathetic" ?

Rather ill advised, largely where they were doing it, but I don't look to Wayne Rooney, or necessarily any England captains, as leaders in logical thought processes.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the misfortune of being forced to listen to a radio station in the car on the way to work this morning, where a presenter/ pudit described the rooney incident as just a matter of fact thing that happens when people are joking around. And that it was nothing.

In my years on this planet, ive never punched anyone in the face, been in a fight and none of my friends have punched a girl unconscious in my kitchen! This surely isnt normal behavior?

It was compared to getting injured "Walking across a road".

The idea of this was to knock someone unconscious or be knocked unconscious themselves - not a typical 50:50 outcome of crossing the street i would imagine.

Rooney got lucky, very lucky. He was knocked out by the punch and then had another repeat brain trauma when his head hit the hard floor. If he had hit his head on the worktop too on the way to the floor, that would have been three.

If this had happened in a game, he would have to have forced time off through concussion and seek urgent medical attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    How was it "pathetic" ?

Rather ill advised, largely where they were doing it, but I don't look to Wayne Rooney, or necessarily any England captains, as leaders in logical thought processes.

no, but they are role models, and children do copy them.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »

How would people copy them if the idiots in the media did not pander to the idiots who read this rubbish?

This was something that happened in the privacy of his own home but because of today's society obsession with what footballers do and this nonsense about role models the comic has paid someone a lot of money for it
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he could have died, and children might copy things secretly filmed in his house. I'm just glad we're keeping it rational.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I also have never seen two kids play fighting or fighting before Rooney did it I have to say
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member

I can't say that I have ever looked to such as John Terry or Ashley Cole as role models, nor do I look to Wayne Rooney ( not that there's much at all wrong with what Rooney and his pal were up to other than, as I suggested, a pretty silly location ).

Save us the faux outrage.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any parent relying on the likes of Wayne Rooney to give their children moral guidance is not doing their job properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody find it suspicious how quickly the video ends? Phil Bardsley's wife says that it's a sneaky edit for the scandal and Rooney jumped up having being messing around which could just be a cover story, but then the other side of the story is being told by The Sun so I find it hard to fathom people* believing exactly what they're telling us either. You'd think a more comprehensive video would be floating around at some point.

*apart from one obvious person
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way rooney jumped up from being unconscious.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    Had Rooney been "knocked out" as is being suggested, do you not think he'd have not said anything?? With all the rules and regulations about at the moment, any sort of head injury like that would/could lead to a couple of weeks out. In the position he's in, he'd be stupid not to say anything to the medical team at United if he had been hurt.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the point is that he wasn't unconscious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you know he was?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    How do you know he was?

He looked out of it before his head his the hard surface.

There is a reason why we're are not seeing the rest of the clip, my guess is that it was a lot of frantic panicking.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wonder how this thread would read if it was mario balotelli who got KO'ed in his kitchen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I wasn't suggesting the video cut off before we discovered he's actually got extra-terrestrial powers of recovery.

One overlooked point appears to be that from the video quality, one of Wayne Rooney's friends has kept the phone they bought in 2004.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i wonder how this thread would read if it was mario balotelli who got KO'ed in his kitchen

You and codeblue would still pretend give more of crap than anyone else seems to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bingo_ wrote: »
    You and codeblue would still pretend give more of crap than anyone else seems to.

Yesterday, what should have happened was an apology from rooney, and stating very clearly that he was actually very lucky to get up from what could easily have been a nasty injury or even worse.

Instead, we have pundits saying that its fine and surely its what everyone does on a Saturday night (?), and Rooney mocking it with a "celebration".

Just another nail in the football coffin for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday, what should have happened was an apology from rooney, and stating very clearly that he was actually very lucky to get up from what could easily have been a nasty injury or even worse.

Instead, we have pundits saying that its fine and surely its what everyone does on a Saturday night (?), and Rooney mocking it with a "celebration".

Good, hopefully you'll sod off for good fairly soon then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looked out of it before his head his the hard surface.

There is a reason why we're are not seeing the rest of the clip, my guess is that it was a lot of frantic panicking.

"Looked" on a badly shot video is not evidence

Yes that's one possible reason but another just as logical one he got up and that would stop all this nonsense
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Yes, I wasn't suggesting the video cut off before we discovered he's actually got extra-terrestrial powers of recovery.

One overlooked point appears to be that from the video quality, one of Wayne Rooney's friends has kept the phone they bought in 2004.

Reminded me a bit of a My Bloody Valentine video.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bingo_ wrote: »

oh is this gonna be like the referee thread again? where you criticise everyone else of pretending?

is it really? really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really need the Nigel Farage and Paul Nuttall of the forums to dictate every thread they post in with their act?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday, what should have happened was an apology from rooney,

An apology to who?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would say he is owed a apology from the people who have such a sad life they spend their days looking at private things that go on in his home.

Am sure if people start going though his dustbins they will find equally shocking and dreadful things