Options

Dolce and Gabbana and their disgusting comments about Elton John

Comments

• Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better to have two dads or two mums who are caring, loving parents than some of the excuses for heterosexual parents that exist in the world.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    :D Who cares what they think of IVF etc. They're just a pair of fashion designers. Ask them about hem lines or handbags instead.

Whereas everybody posting on this thread is an FRCOG or consultant embryologist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are perfectly free to have their opinions but I think making derogatory remarks directly at children (calling them synthetic children) was nasty. Children have no control over what circumstances they came into the world so to call them names is uncalled for. Would D&G have said to Celine Dion her children were synthetic?
  • Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am anti IVF, synthetic children, clones, designer babies, 3 people DNA babies - the lot. All totally unnatural and we have given into greed and selfishness.

If you can't reproduce naturally then natural selection and evolution are being "bypassed" - We are developing our species so that it defies nature and the weak survive. This will do great damage to our species over time.

I disagree with a lot of medical research too.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    D&G come out fighting.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-31907007

Edit...sorry POV, just saw your post.:blush:
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EJ has been on the news showing off his children, I question his motives.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    corf wrote: »
    I am anti IVF, synthetic children, clones, designer babies, 3 people DNA babies - the lot. All totally unnatural and we have given into greed and selfishness.

If you can't reproduce naturally then natural selection and evolution are being "bypassed" - We are developing our species so that it defies nature and the weak survive. This will do great damage to our species over time.

Lots of things like computers etc are unnatural - wanna condemn them too or admit your hypocrisy?
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    EJ has been on the news showing off his children, I question his motives.

Predictably you do
    Proud he is of his kids
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you disagree with radiotherapy for cancer patients? That's unnatural and bypassing natural selection after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictably you do
    Proud he is of his kids

Like any parent, but parading them in front of 20 cameras that are flashing, is not really good for the child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wait till you need it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man on Sky News claims "you must know someone with an IVF baby"
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you disagree with radiotherapy for cancer patients? That's unnatural and bypassing natural selection after all.

The whole human knowledge is unnatural, we should be jumping from tree to a tree, not discussing D&G.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member

Evolution isn't there to 'improve' species as nature isn't sentient. Modern science has made, in biological terms, the human species more successful as more people can now reproduce (and are healthier and stronger and taller etc).
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,586
    Forum Member
    His hissy fits are not a good example to his children.

Does he still have them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As far as I'm concerned its a trio of a-holes. But as Furnish is also involved that should be a quartet of a-holes.

Why? What has he done wrong?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    luckylegs wrote: »
    No he hasn't challenged it with a debate he has asked people to boycott their brand in a bullying tactic way.

Do you really think D&G can be bullied by EJ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    luckylegs wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned Elton as usual is being precious and odious.

They have a right to their opinion and have a right to express it.

How is Elton being odious exactly? He's not the one who's insulted innocent kids.

The fact that D&G have a right to their opinion - which of course they do - is irrelevant and is not being challenged.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    The whole human knowledge is unnatural, we should be jumping from tree to a tree, not discussing D&G.

Exactly. Maybe the poster I quoted would prefer to live as a stone age hunter/gatherer, but thankfully most people are willing to embrace unnatural ideas.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for some reason this all reminds me of AbFab .

• Options
    Forum Member

What have greed and selfishness got to do with all these things?
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    Evolution isn't there to 'improve' species as nature isn't sentient. Modern science has made, in biological terms, the human species more successful as more people can now reproduce (and are healthier and stronger and taller etc).

Our better health and nutrition are the perfect counterpoint to the argument that we weaken the species by 'propping up' negative traits. Besides, it verges on eugenics. Though I'm firmly of the belief that some people are too stupid to breed, but that's more based on parental behaviour than any IQ test:D

All celebs get their kids photographed, either voluntarily or involuntarily. I don't think that reflects badly on EJ. They'll be papped as young adults endlessly, better they get used to it. I'm amazed at D & G, thought they'd know better. Even the new pope hasn't said anything quite like it.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Who knows what the future holds for Elton and David.
    Like most celebs they are hostages to fortune when the kids grown up, fall out with them and sign a book contract.

"Daddy Dearest" £16.99 in hardback.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I feel a bit iffy about the 3 parent set up many of us could not have had children without a little medical assistance. I didn't have IVF but I wouldn't have been able to have my lovely, smart, happy children without a bit of medical intervention, nor would I be here anyway as thanks to unnatural chemotherapy I am around to see my children grow.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Predictably you do
    Proud he is of his kids

Speak like Yoda, why do you?