Options

Nokia 535 Windows phone - Setting up direct dial/Speed dial?

Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there,

I'm trying to setup a windows phone for my father in law, but was wondering if there is any way of setting a tile up so that you just press it and it will call the contact without having to select if you want to text or call them (called direct dial on my Samsung)?

He just wants it easy for his wife to use so she just has to press the photo of the person to call them.

I have searched YouTube with no luck.

Cheers Mark.

Comments

• Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Go into his contacts (People)....Hold your finger on a contact and you will be given the option to 'Pin to start' tap it and that contact will appear on the home screen as a tile. If it has a picture attached, that picture will be what he sees. Just tapping the tile opens up the contact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    Go into his contacts (People)....Hold your finger on a contact and you will be given the option to 'Pin to start' tap it and that contact will appear on the home screen as a tile. If it has a picture attached, that picture will be what he sees. Just tapping the tile opens up the contact.

I found how to do that already thanks, but was wondering if there is any way of just touching the tile with the persons photo on it and it just ringing them instead of bringing up the contacts details (sorry but the mother in law needs it basic).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry was also wondering if there is a way of the phone just displaying the contacts photo as it toggles between showing the photo, then the name and then back to the photo again.

Cheers Mark.
  • Options
    call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    With the contacts you can't turn off the live tile AFAIK. The only way to show just the picture is to make the tile small, then it doesn't move. It only rotates on medium and large.
    I guess depending on his eyesight wether this would be a solution or not.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can set up speed dial behind the phone tile, but it takes more taps to get there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok.

Thanks for the replies.