Options

Neighbours- Why Kylie Never Returned Again Even For One Episode

Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With the 30th anniversary this week it would have been excellent to have Charlene back for one episode. It did start Kylies career.

Comments

• Options
    Sunny Side UpSunny Side Up Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised she did this documentary on Channel 5 to be honest.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,399
    Forum Member
    So? It doesn't mean she should drop everything just because it has an anniversary. She has moved on and doesn't have to feel indebted to the place.
  • Options
    Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could do it for one episode.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Now would've been the best time for her to return.
  • Options
    Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Agreed with above. why should she appear even if it be a cameo. Charlene should stay in the loving bosom of the neighbours archives ...she was only in it for 3 years and yes it probably did kick start her career but she has done so much more since..nice to see her in the documentary with the other oldies
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion I think she owes a lot to Neighbours, and I think she's become very obnoxious about the show. Even if she has moved on, she's hardly gonna get type cast if she returns for one episode. Surprises me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    especially with her son getting married
  • Options
    Sunny Side UpSunny Side Up Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're showing the Scott & Charlene wedding episode right now on Channel 5!
  • Options
    TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Kylie was going to return it should've be now because for all those years she has had no reason to come back but with her son Daniel getting married that was the perfect chance for her to return.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Kylie didn't back out did she? I'm sure she would have appeared if asked. She appeared in Doctor Who a few years ago for goodness sake!
    Was Jason Donavon approached?
  • Options
    hae2811hae2811 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Kylie didn't back out did she? I'm sure she would have appeared if asked. She appeared in Doctor Who a few years ago for goodness sake!
    Was Jason Donavon approached?

I think they said they would do or go anywhere to accommodate Kylie but she didn't want to. Could be wrong though as I can't now find that article.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TLC1098 wrote: »
    If Kylie was going to return it should've be now because for all those years she has had no reason to come back but with her son Daniel getting married that was the perfect chance for her to return.

Well Madge dying would of been the best time for her to return. Ridiculous that Charlene and Henry missed their mother's funeral.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,399
    Forum Member
    In my opinion I think she owes a lot to Neighbours, and I think she's become very obnoxious about the show. Even if she has moved on, she's hardly gonna get type cast if she returns for one episode. Surprises me.

Really? I always thought she spoke highly of her time there.

I don't think she owes them anything, sure it was her big break but she was one of those who helped to make the show a success. There is no obligation that as an actor you have to be indebted to a program. They employed her, she did the job that was asked of her but that's it.

Oh and FOJ if she did one episode you would still get viewers saying she should have done more.

Sure it would be nice to see Kylie back on the street but she is well within her right yo decline a return.
  • Options
    PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to recall a good few years back she took Grundy Television to court to try and stop them showing any episodes with her in it. thankfully she lost.
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,740
    Forum Member
    There was a very harsh article in the Standard tonight (London) which criticised Kylie for not attending the bday bash in London last night. Obviously the "journalist" who wrote the article didn't notice the fact Kylie is touring at the moment and didn't just turn her nose up.
    I think it's great she took part in the documentary and is proud of her roots. Look at Home and Away's Melissa George who has received a fraction of the fame Kylie has but walks out of interviews when asked about "that girl whose name I can't even remember"
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't want to, that's up to her, I wouldn't return to a job I did 27 years ago
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously it was her decision, but one episode is not asking a lot from Kylie. Like others say, Neighbours did give her the big break.

It just goes to show how Dannii Minogue is more grounded to Kylie, who was willing to return to Home And Away, yet Kylie can not even return for one episode for the anniversary.
  • Options
    Edward_QuackensEdward_Quackens Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    It annoys me that Donovan and minogue admit they owe their stardom to neighbours but won't go back for one episode. Especially when you see the other stuff they've been in, eg jason will provide his voice for Boj on cbeebies but won't do a quick cameo at his son's characters wedding. Maybe they should just recast the original Scott Robinson as revenge!
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PEARLY331 wrote: »
    I seem to recall a good few years back she took Grundy Television to court to try and stop them showing any episodes with her in it. thankfully she lost.

Yes I have seen articles stating the same too. It is somewhat ironic she is in the documentary saying how she fondly remembers those days in the show but on the other hand has tried to block repeats of episodes that featured her as Charlene.
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me that Donovan and minogue admit they owe their stardom to neighbours but won't go back for one episode. Especially when you see the other stuff they've been in, eg jason will provide his voice for Boj on cbeebies but won't do a quick cameo at his son's characters wedding. Maybe they should just recast the original Scott Robinson as revenge!

Could have been done but Darius Perkins appeared in 2013 as another character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a497181/former-neighbours-star-darius-perkins-to-join-cast-as-marty-kranjancic.html#~p7npbhFy5vvV7B
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,740
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    Obviously it was her decision, but one episode is not asking a lot from Kylie. Like others say, Neighbours did give her the big break.

It just goes to show how Dannii Minogue is more grounded to Kylie, who was willing to return to Home And Away, yet Kylie can not even return for one episode for the anniversary.

Maybe Kylie was busy? She is touring at the moment. She's under no obligation to go back. She always speaks fondly of the show and was good enough to do the documentary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Markjuk wrote: »
    yeah I know. Although the actor who played Tad was in it as a different character about a fortnight before joining as Tad so it could have still be done.:)
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,630
    Forum Member
    We will never know for sure if she was asked. I think it could have done Neighbours and both C5 and Eleven if they managed to secure Scott and Charlene turning up for the wedding this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    all_night wrote: »
    We will never know for sure if she was asked. I think it could have done Neighbours and both C5 and Eleven if they managed to secure Scott and Charlene turning up for the wedding this week.
    I would say there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they were asked.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many people go back to their old jobs just to do a favour?