Options

Ch 4 Things We Won't Say About Race

NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
Forum Member
Well, here we go with their latest offering in an hour's time.
Should be quite interesting!

http://digiguide.tv/pick-of-the-day/19+March+2015/documentary-things-we-wont-say-about-race-that-are-true/

Comments

• Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested to see which way this goes.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First thing that's true: they would never let a white person present this type of programme
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far he speaks the truth.
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor Philips was partly responsible for starting all this nonsense years ago !
  • Options
    mr trebusmr trebus Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Jews are rich and powerful....scary stuff ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Squatch has got a massive point though, possibly the elephant in the room, they would never have let a white person head this programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the Jews will say.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is that because there are more Jews in London where property prices are higher there fore their net wealth is greater
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's it! Ofcom...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is that because there are more Jews in London where property prices are higher there fore their net wealth is greater

No, its not I'm afraid.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't disagree with anything said so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet white people are offended by this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it's not just a stereotype of Jews in Britain. And that doesn't account for the billionaires.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    Trevor Philips was partly responsible for starting all this nonsense years ago !

He was the poster boy for all the tippy-toeing. :D Now he's saying it was wrong. It's like Beckham saying "Oh yeah, football is shyte."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is true that Jews are rich and powerful, but hes actually under-estimating the amount of power by not including those of partial jewish heritage

One fact: you can't mention Jews without also mentioning the alleged holocaust, it gives them absolute immunity from criticism. Another fact: if whites were so privileged the presenter wouldn't be saying "powerful people are nothing to be afraid of" or whatever it was he said.

Edit: the point I was making in the last sentence is that if whites were as powerful as jews are, it would be considered a huge problem
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Perhaps he hasn't realised that he has already pointed out a major area of racism. Certain groups getting together in certain areas only really supporting other members of their group.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Jewish people simply are more interested into getting educated and if you have better education, you have better chances to succeed in your profession and make more money. Almost all jewish I know are well read, university educated professionals.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S usual this is very london centric
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    He was the poster boy for all the tippy-toeing. :D Now he's saying it was wrong. It's like Beckham saying "Oh yeah, football is shyte."

Terrific analogy and so true!

It was all the 'institutional racism' that was thrown around like confetti at everyone and everything that made people scared to have any sort of considered view that went against the official norm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    Jewish people simply are more interested into getting educated and if you have better education, you have better chances to succeed in your profession and make more money. Almost all jewish I know are well read, university educated professionals.

But when whites are successful it's called white privilege
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    It is true that Jews are rich and powerful, but hes actually under-estimating the amount of power by not including those of partial jewish heritage

One fact: you can't mention Jews without also mentioning the alleged holocaust, it gives them absolute immunity from criticism. Another fact: if whites were so privileged the presenter wouldn't be saying "powerful people are nothing to be afraid of" or whatever it was he said.

Edit: the point I was making in the last sentence is that if whites were as powerful as jews are, it would be considered a huge problem
    Right, so that's your game... :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never heard that saying.
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member

White privilege does exist
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Third fact that cannot be mentioned: the "East European" "Romanian" pick pocketing gangs are in fact ethnic Roma gypsies, not indigenous Romanians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    You'd have to be clearer about what you think he was saying and what you think he's saying now. Something tells me he wouldn't agree with one or either.