Options

Jeremy Clarkson

Comments

• Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    But it's right isn't it? Signing a petition to get Clarkson reinstated is saying you're condoning violence in the work place.

Youre basically saying it should be forgotten about for the sake of a TV show.

No read my last post again.

Do you really think 1 million of those that signed condone violence or even say 50k? feel free to discuss us thugs as you wish.
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will some people understand that most of us like myself signed the petition for Clarkson to be reinstated ONLY, I'm dam sick of seeing comments saying things like you support violence just because you did, to whom who think this just do one.

So what if it says underneath Freedom To Fracas.

You signing the petition says, by default, I support inappropriate behavior in the work place. There is no right here at all. None negotiable. Non debatable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many small minded on here really think it is signed in that way? wow
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will some people understand that most of us like myself signed the petition for Clarkson to be reinstated ONLY, I'm dam sick of seeing comments saying things like you support violence just because you did, to whom who think this just do one.

So what if it says underneath Freedom To Fracas.

But isn't signing a petition asking for reinstatement at this point in time jumping the gun a bit? He hasn't been uninstated yet. He has just been suspended pending Investigstion as per just about every policy I've ever known.

If he is sacked, wouldn't that be the time to petition? Although it could be argued that the pre-petition drew its teeth a tad.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many small minded on here really think it is signed in that way? wow

Well, what other interpretation is there?

If it was Tymon who had punched Clarkson, and it was Clarkson who had to go to A&E would a million people have signed a petition to keep Tymon in his job?

No, because Tymon doesn't appear in front of the camera, so wouldn't be missed.

So, it really comes down to 'Clarkson is my favourite presenter, so we need to find an excuse to bend the rules'.

Which is, of course, completely wrong.
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    People keep saying about the producer going to A&E, is there any evidence in the public domain at this point that states that Clarkson actually hit him, let alone sent him to A&E?

As far as I can tell the only reports are in a couple of papers that are not known for their accuracy, as can be seen by the large number of contradictory accounts of what happened being reported by the aforementioned papers.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nilrem wrote: »
    People keep saying about the producer going to A&E, is there any evidence in the public domain at this point that states that Clarkson actually hit him, let alone sent him to A&E?

As far as I can tell the only reports are in a couple of papers that are not known for their accuracy, as can be seen by the large number of contradictory accounts of what happened being reported by the aforementioned papers.

No evidence at all, but the NHS is very good at patient confidentiality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    1 thing, if Clarkson is sacked quite a few people may lose their jobs
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    No evidence at all, but the NHS is very good at patient confidentiality.

Aye, but you would have thought that if it was a busted lip or something one of the many many photographers employed by the papers would possibly have got a picture, or one of the staff at the hotel might have said so on the record etc, after all they manage to get pictures of celebs in all sorts of unlikely places (but then, I guess if they're not currently hacking phones it makes it a bit harder to work out where someone will be in time to send a photographer)..

At the moment from what I can tell about all that we know is that there was a "fracas" involving Clarkson and the producer.
    Somehow that's evolved in the papers to him having sent the guy to A&E, and that apparently Clarkson is having an affair and in need of two hip replacements, by way of it being an argument, shoving, a fist fight, shoving, shouting and so on.

If it turns out that it was just an argument (voice raised) it's going to make a lot of people who jumped to the conclusion that Clarkson beat the guy half to death look rather silly (and would be interesting to see if any of the papers apologise for their reporting)..
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Washed up hag.

BBC are best rid of his type.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

The Daily Mail claimed he was sent to A&E with a heavily bleeding gashed lip but i believe that as much as i believe i'll win the lottery!
    The same paper with an open secret for hating the BBC so anything they can fabricate they do.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_M1 wrote: »
    Pat I am struggling to take you seriously now.

That's OK, condescending remarks always backfire. Maybe when you rack up a few more posts you'll learn about that. Maybe not.

See what I did there?

If producer is happy and Clarkson is happy, they'll be good to go. The BBC can try to stick the knife in all they want, but if both come out saying "look lads, can we just move on?", then that is what will happen. Islington Latte Cohen can gnash his teeth all he wants at that point, but he won't commit professional suicide by standing against absolutely everyone.
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He could have easily clarified himself. Wouldn't have broken confidentiality to say "yes, I went to A & E with a busted lip", LOL.

So my guess is he didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Washed up hag.

Thanks for sharing, good job you have a remote control hu.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    That's OK, condescending remarks always backfire. Maybe when you rack up a few more posts you'll learn about that. Maybe not.

See what I did there?

If producer is happy and Clarkson is happy, they'll be good to go. The BBC can try to stick the knife in all they want, but if both come out saying "look lads, can we just move on?", then that is what will happen. Islington Latte Cohen can gnash his teeth all he wants at that point, but he won't commit professional suicide by standing against absolutely everyone.

Ah...have you revealed your real agenda here?

Listen, did you miss the part where I mentioned 'disciplinary procedures'? This is not a playground tiff...a potentially serious incident has occurred in the workplace...this requires an appropriate response in line with the organisations's disciplinary procedures. You seem to take a very casual attitude towards this...just because you like the person involved. Would you be affording the same to someone you didn't like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Washed up hag.

I agree. Be belongs to a bygone era.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    He could have easily clarified himself. Wouldn't have broken confidentiality to say "yes, I went to A & E with a busted lip", LOL.

So my guess is he didn't.

Or, he has been advised not to talk to the press while the disipinary/review/whatever you want to call it is resolved.
  • Options
    HelenbemerryHelenbemerry Posts: 5,738
    Forum Member
    People keep going on about workplace laws, etc as if Top Gear was like a normal office. Do people not see that Clarkson, Hammond & May regularly risk their lives during filming, look what happened to Hammond so it's a completely different scenario to your everyday job. Also if Clarkson is sacked, Top Gear won't survive so all involved with it will lose their jobs, including the producers
  • Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also if Clarkson is sacked, Top Gear won't survive so all involved with it will lose their jobs, including the producers
    And Clarkson will be entirely to blame for that.

Afterthought: If that does happen, perhaps those people who lose their jobs should sue Clarkson?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People keep going on about workplace laws, etc as if Top Gear was like a normal office. Do people not see that Clarkson, Hammond & May regularly risk their lives during filming, look what happened to Hammond so it's a completely different scenario to your everyday job.

Agree with you. It isn't a normal work situation. The producers are there to ensure everything is OK for the stars, including meals. That is the reality of how the industry works. The media show this week on Radio 4 pretty much said as much , from a 3 person panel of top TV Execs. If they sack Hammond for this they could open the floodgates for similar complaints. It wouldn't surprise me, that both sides come out of this poorly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And Clarkson will be entirely to blame for that.

Afterthought: If that does happen, perhaps those people who lose their jobs should sue Clarkson?

The beeb have been more than happy for Clarkson being controversial over the years as he's made them shed loads of money so if he does get the sack, if I was him I'd be suing for constructive dismissal - all those years being controversial and only in the last year since Cohen has been in charge does he start to get warnings
  • Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The beeb have been more than happy for Clarkson being controversial over the years as he's made them shed loads of money so if he does get the sack, if I was him I'd be suing for constructive dismissal - all those years being controversial and only in the last year since Cohen has been in charge does he start to get warnings
    The so-called "controversial" stuff is a massive red herring. If Clarkson does get sacked it'll be because he punched someone in the face and put them in hospital, not because he made a few jokes about Mexicans etc. I'd like to see him win that constructive dismissal case.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

Its no secret that Danny Cohen hates Clarkson. Always has and its why he has been taken out of the investigation all-together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The so-called "controversial" stuff is a massive red herring. If Clarkson does get sacked it'll be because he punched someone in the face and put them in hospital, not because he made a few jokes about Mexicans etc. I'd like to see him win that constructive dismissal case.

Agree IF he's hit someone but the other thing is he is under contract not employed so all they need so is not renew the contract anyway which coincidentally runs out in days.
  • Options
    Forum Member

There's been more than a few comments on here about how he should be sacked because he's on a final warning. Maybe Hammond should look to sue the beeb as he suffered more than a split lip '- a duty of care works all ways