Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the thing when you're chasing, you cannot afford any slip ups. Our first half to the season in the end will be what costs us.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sakho is captain material.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh crap, wrong thread, my humble apologies.
  • Options
    Michael_VaughanMichael_Vaughan Posts: 12,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One match at a time of course, but is anyone else begging to belive that we could finish above City?

You might have meant that post for the Utd thread BD:D

Although if we can both finish above City now I'll be happy;-)
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    Man Utd are in for a whole lot of hurt when they come to Anfield.

The only 'hurt' suffered was from your stamping players.

Deserved win.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might have meant that post for the Utd thread BD:D

Although if we can both finish above City now I'll be happy;-)

Yeah, I am ever so sorry about the mix up.

If you did finish above City in sixth that would be fine by me!;-)
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    Di Maria and Jones should have been off
    What was Atkinson doing?
    He was hopeless
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st 30 mins we were dire, the whole team were awful,embarrassingly so!

Gerrard was no better than Costa with his stamp and was deservedly sent off, letting us down in the process!

No Liverpool player can feel proud of the shift they put in today, none. BR should be put in that category too, knowing what was at stake, a place above our rivals in the top 4 and then start the game as we did v Swansea was unacceptable. Man Utd battered us first half!

No complaints can be had about the end result.

Only thing I took from the game was a Rooney missed pen! Now that's clutching at straws!
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gerrard was no better than Costa with his stamp and was deservedly sent off, letting us down in the process!

No Liverpool player can feel proud of the shift they put in today, none. BR should be put in that category too, knowing what was at stake, a place above our rivals in the top 4 and then start the game as we did v Swansea was unacceptable. Man Utd battered us first half!

No complaints can be had about the end result.

Only thing I took from the game was a Rooney missed pen! Now that's clutching at straws!

Now that's a fair-minded post.
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Fellani to, had a final warning from the ref in the first half, went on to commit further fouls in the 2nd half and yet still no yellow. But he seems to get away with it every game.
    I have no idea how he escaped punishment
    And for me the one thing that summed up just how poor Atkinson was in this game, was Di Maria catching the ball on the field of play and not even getting a yellow card let alone a red.
    Atkinson was a joke
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think Sakho was our best player today. He was classy and didnt put a foot wrong!

the lads put in a good effort in the 2nd half considering we were down to 10 men. cant knock the effort. big ask to get the result we wanted with 10 men.
    promo-only wrote: »
    Did you watch the same match as everybody else? Big ask to get the result we wanted with 10 men? We had 11 in the first half and were woeful!
    Man Utd are in for a whole lot of hurt when they come to Anfield.

I agree with Promo.

kobashi I'm beginning to question every one of your posts prediction wise. Last season you assured us we were gunna win this thing - proved wrong, over confidence on your part, then you say Man Utd are in for a pasting, they stuff us, over confidence on your part, now you claim we had good effort today when we were darn awful! Seriously?
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member

disagree. Sakho played very well today
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    I agree with Promo.

kobashi I'm beginning to question every one of your posts prediction wise. Last season you assured us we were gunna win this thing - proved wrong, over confidence on your part, then you say Man Utd are in for a pasting, they stuff us, over confidence on your part, now you claim we had good effort today when we were darn awful! Seriously?

I said they players put in a good shift in the 2nd half. were we good enough, no of course not but I am not gonna slate the players for lack of effort or workrate in last 45mins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    disagree. Sakho played very well today
    He was the best of a bad bunch, but he is the left sided player of the CB's and both times Moreno went awol he didn't cover, so being the best of a bad lot is not that great a compliment.
    I said they players put in a good shift in the 2nd half. were we good enough, no of course not but I am not gonna slate the players for lack of effort or workrate in last 45mins.
    In the 2nd half? Why praise them for doing half a job then? Can I go into work and just do some work in the afternoon and even though it doesn't make up for the morning be expected to be praised for it? Come on! The players under performed massively today, no knee jerk reaction, it's a reaction based on the game I watched. BR should be having words! Our midfield were none existant 1st half! In such a game that is not acceptable.

On and this backs up my stance about Sterling & Henderson too. Not worth the £150k & £120K they want. Stand firm FSG.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Silly from Gerrard. Now just think if that was balotelli and the reaction it would of got.

Tell me about it. I dared to condemn him for it and was told I wasn't a real supporter!
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There was definitely character in the team with 10 men second half.Our goal difference could've taken a battering in the last 45mins but they didn't get many more chances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

I did laugh at that earlier.With a 3 game ban he's got less than ten games left in an LFC shirt. I think he'll be putting quite a shift in during those to make up for today.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did laugh at that earlier.With a 3 game ban he's got less than ten games left in an LFC shirt. I think he'll be putting quite a shift in during those to make up for today.

I doubt he'll play in many, aside from off the bench in a few. A regrettable end to a great career.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame Spurs - they played United into form. :D

If they'd showed up at Old Trafford last week and made LVG question his tactics again, things may have been different. I think even our players started to worry about United instead of just focusing on doing the things that have brought us recent success. We played better at Old Trafford - Sterling is wasted at wing back with Jones and Smalling in the opposition defence. The system works better away than it does at Anfield - that was my biggest fear about today, and it turned out that way with some added lunacy thrown in for good measure.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As bitterly aggravating and disappointing it is to lose in the manner we did today, the pessimism among you guys is really OTT. I speak in particular of the "bye bye 4th" posts from 2 or 3 of you.

Will we need 3 or 4 points out of the Arsenal and Chelsea away games? Yes, possibly, but it's still all to play for at the moment. The gap created now between us and top 4 isn't insurmountable. In fact, compared to the gap between us and the top 4 the last time United beat us, this is downright managable (albeit with fewer games to do it in).

A bit of optimism wouldn't hurt would it? We've literally played 2 bad halves of footy (Swansea 1st, United 1st), and all of a sudden it's doom and gloom from a lot of fans. Back the team for goodness sake!
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie, we forgive the slip against Chelsea last May but we cant forgive that.
    I wouldn't be surprised of that was effectively the end of his Pool career.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    As bitterly aggravating and disappointing it is to lose in the manner we did today, the pessimism among you guys is really OTT. I speak in particular of the "bye bye 4th" posts from 2 or 3 of you.

Will we need 3 or 4 points out of the Arsenal and Chelsea away games? Yes, possibly, but it's still all to play for at the moment. The gap created now between us and top 4 isn't insurmountable. In fact, compared to the gap between us and the top 4 the last time United beat us, this is downright managable (albeit with fewer games to do it in).

A bit of optimism wouldn't hurt would it? We've literally played 2 bad halves of footy (Swansea 1st, United 1st), and all of a sudden it's doom and gloom from a lot of fans. Back the team for goodness sake!

It's always the case. Nevermind the run we have been on. It's one defeat in 14 yet some act as if it's a crisis. There are more than enough games left and to give up after losing today is ridiculous.

The reaction to Gerrard is ott as well. Yes he made a mistake, a grave error but the end of his Liverpool career. Please.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    Stevie, we forgive the slip against Chelsea last May but we cant forgive that.
    I wouldn't be surprised of that was effectively the end of his Pool career.

We forgave a certain Suarez after he bit Ivanovic & I for one will forgive Stevie for his actions on the pitch today. The man has dedicated his life to LFC since he joined our Youth Team in 1987 & then in the Senior Team in 1998. End of this season he leaves us for America and to me he will always be a hero of mine & one day I hope he comes back to us in a managerial role. Next Sunday when I am in the Kop at the charity match, I will give him a standing ovation, yes today was an off day for him, but I still respect the living hell out of him.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete wrong thread.
This discussion has been closed.