Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fly Emirates across SIX continents, ?:confused::confused:
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bingo advert winner possibly can't remember because I get so erghhhhh the ad is the one with the blonde bearded guy stripping down to his gold pants can not state how much I loathe this one!
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    That awful HSBC advert. HSBC are obviously obsessed with Chinese people and to a lesser extent, Americans.

The thing what pees me off most about it is the annoying American accent, ("than kyou", "so you can go to schooooool") and the fact that the old ladies think that fug skirt is beautiful

If you look at the window of the shop when one of the pink ladies gives the mum the money you see the word "colour" is spelled correctly.
    Could be Hong Kong but given the accents and how 'american' it looks I'd say this is in Canada and they are inuit like someone on here suggested earlier
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    Bingo advert winner possibly can't remember because I get so erghhhhh the ad is the one with the blonde bearded guy stripping down to his gold pants can not state how much I loathe this one!

It's not good but I do chuckle at her reaction at the end
  • Options
    ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dottzie38 wrote: »

Oh good God! :D I was coming onto this thread to post about this very advert! I watch a copious amount of crime shows on CBS Reality where this advert is broadcast. It is hateful. >:( Alas, irritating adverts do have a tendancy to be remembered.

I think the guy with the long blonde hair was also in the almost as annoying adverts for Dreams beds last year.

The online gambling/bingo adverts are hateful at the best of times. Another horrible one is the one for Gala Bingo. :(
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the most random advert, which when I was watching it, I thought it was going to be a PIF about looking out for motorcyclists or something, but it was for allianz!

It showed a guy maybe in his 50s or 60s picking up a girl in her 20s or 30s and asking her about her day and she doesn't seem interested, he keeps looking over to her and checking his rear view mirror a lot (this was what made it look like a motorbike was suddenly going to slam into the side of the car), then he asks her about her singing, and she starts singing, then he joins in with her, then it ends!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

Do many flights go over Antarctica?

Not sure what you're confused about? :confused:
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the most random advert, which when I was watching it, I thought it was going to be a PIF about looking out for motorcyclists or something, but it was for allianz!

It showed a guy maybe in his 50s or 60s picking up a girl in her 20s or 30s and asking her about her day and she doesn't seem interested, he keeps looking over to her and checking his rear view mirror a lot (this was what made it look like a motorbike was suddenly going to slam into the side of the car), then he asks her about her singing, and she starts singing, then he joins in with her, then it ends!
    You ninja'd me - I was just about to post about that very same Allianz advert.

Which advertising suited guru thought that a middle-class father and daughter combo murdering 'Karma Chameleon' would be a goer?

I really have to say that we are living in the golden era of shitverts. My TV remote mute button will soon need replacing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which advertising suited guru thought that a middle-class father and daughter combo murdering 'Karma Chameleon' would be a goer?

I really have to say that we are living in the golden era of shitverts. My TV remote mute button will soon need replacing.

There are a few decent ones still out there.

I quite like the Currys PC World ad with the guy who get a new cooker, and when he asks his son what he wants to eat, the song just replies with "nuggets" That cracks me up every time :D
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was going to be an NSPCC advert about child abuse :o

It was very, very weird.
  • Options
    HildasMurielHildasMuriel Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Once again I go against the spirit of the thread because I want to complain about a radio ad - but it annoys me soon much. It was on about a year ago and now they've brought it back. It's a series of answerphone messages to a couple asking them why they've not turned up to things they've pre arranged ("it's your mother, weren't you coming round for dinner" "hi, did you 2 forget the car boot sale?")
    The ad is for rail season tickets - the message seems to be that if you get one, you will become a rude git who lets people down and doesn't bother ringing to cancel things.
    PAH
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The N Power advert with 'comedians' telling crap jokes :mad: I find that sad as I found Omid Djalilli quite funny sometimes :):(
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw the advert for the first time earlier and just knew it'd be one for this thread! Ack.
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I saw the advert for the first time earlier and just knew it'd be one for this thread! Ack.
    I'm really trying not to make this thread the first-stop grief hole for any ad I dislike - but most people I know IRL think that the bastard baby Meerkat is 'cute' and that the Moon River/Galaxy abomination is 'great'... I need to check that I'm not going insane by conferring with the fine people on this thread :D
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The N Power advert with 'comedians' telling crap jokes :mad: I find that sad as I found Omid Djalilli quite funny sometimes :):(
    It's odd, but most people I've encountered either IRL or online claim a soft spot for Omid Djalili. I've personally never forgiven him for that first-wave of MoneySupermarket adverts.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    The one where Ashton Kutcher is milking the goat then eating his breakfast. The sound is SO over amplified that you hear the disgusting sound of him squirting the goats milk into his bowl and then sloppily crunchin on milky cereal. The noise goes right through me and makes me feel sick!

AK's now in another sh*tty ad-the Orbit gum one where a tarty pizza slice (WTF?)
    is coming on to him. >:(
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What's the confusion about? There are 7 continents, but one is hardly a holiday destination...
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

7 continents No flights to the Antarctic.
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new TFL road safety one where an American voice reads out the story about the tortoise and the hare, while two groups of kids in animal masks represent the "tortoise" and "hare." The tortoises walk slowly through town and the hares run and then one of them dashes out into the road and gets run over. I generally hate TFL's efforts to appeal to the "yoof" - remember that other campaign about "be careful on the road or you won't grow up to be a rapper, footballer, video games designer, reality TV star, etc."
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    AK's now in another sh*tty ad-the Orbit gum one where a tarty pizza slice (WTF?)
    is coming on to him. >:(

The one where he's at home so could just go to the bathroom and brush his teeth if he's that bothered :confused:
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    midds wrote: »
    The one where he's at home so could just go to the bathroom and brush his teeth if he's that bothered :confused:
    :eek: no he can't do that because chewing sounds right in your ear are exactly what you want from a man, surely...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the confusion about? There are 7 continents, but one is hardly a holiday destination...

North and South America are one continent, and Antarctica is hardly an inhabited continent. There are only 5 Olympic Rings, one for each continent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    North and South America are one continent, and Antarctica is hardly an inhabited continent. There are only 5 Olympic Rings, one for each continent.

Most people still recognise the two Americas as separate continents.

And if you want to argue it further, now Europe and Asia are combined as Eurasia, so if we use that example, and your example of the Americas being one, then here is only 4 continents (if you still want to ignore Antarctica).

Shall we just accept they were right to say 6 continents as its true.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    That H & M clothes advert having a bunch of 5 yr olds dress up as cocky attitude problem teenagers.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    The Harry Potter tour with adults talking in child voices. It seems to be on about ten times a night lately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most people still recognise the two Americas as separate continents.

And if you want to argue it further, now Europe and Asia are combined as Eurasia, so if we use that example, and your example of the Americas being one, then here is only 4 continents (if you still want to ignore Antarctica).

Shall we just accept they were right to say 6 continents as its true.

Europe and Asia are two continents with India as a sub-continent, North and South America are the Americas. perhaps you had better tell the Olympic Committee they are wrong.
This discussion has been closed.