Options

Ordinary Lies - BBC1, Tuesdays at 9pm

Comments

• Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    So Marty managed to keep his job after what happened last week and no repercussions?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »
    Because Michelle Kegan was in Coronation Street and Jo Joyner was in Eastenders.

Aren't you forgetting Sally Lindsay, also from Coronation Street?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what were those men making them drink? Drugs of some sort I'm guessing! But why make them drink it?

They've given them water to drink so that they can swallow the bags.
  • Options
    man_plebsman_plebs Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Positive feedback here, should maintain 4.5m million viewers tonight. Wouldn't it be god if this story deterred even one drugs mule from taking such a risk for some cash?

Thats exactly what we were saying, why would you do it , but people do, despite the risks, let me think ,a few years in a foreign prison for the chance of few thousand, not for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rockjack wrote: »
    Reminds me of the two girls who got caught in Peru this.

It always seems to be two girls doesn't it? Most of these stories in the news are about girls in pairs.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Hard to feel sorry for them when they knew exactly what they were doing though.

Don't you think being offered free holidays and a large amount of cash might have given them a clue about what they were going to do?
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Michelle Keegan is a pretty one-note actress isn't she?

One note, yes, but I had a strong sense of "Look at me, I'm acting" all the way through.
  • Options
    man_plebsman_plebs Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    All that grief for an iPhone and some designer clobber.

yes its the folly of modern youth,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    I thought this was a bit inferior to last week's. Last week's was about the way a lie told in desperation has unforseen circumstances as it snowballs out of control. This one didn't actually need that lie about the holiday destination - it could have been a standard drama about two girls who get caught up in drug smuggling.

I haven't watched the first episode yet. Was Jason Manford a good actor in it?
  • Options
    Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member

He just played himself like most TV actors do.
  • Options
    FlowesFlowes Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    Watched both episodes tonight. I'm hooked, I love these kind of series, I like the focus on one character and their lie each episode. The big lie to keep us tuning in each week is no doubt the missing husband and I look forward to that unfolding.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its Tina Mcintyre smuggles drugs,as the "acting" from Michelle Keegan was the same as her Corrie character..
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Much better than I imagined he would be. I've never really liked him, but his performance was pretty good.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I preferred last weeks story. This seemed especially far fetched and whilst Michelle Keegan did a serviceable job I couldn't forget that it was her (if that makes sense?).

That scene where she talked about wanting to be a girl who dated a 'Footballer' and attend 'film premieres' especially stood out. It was like she was talking about herself. They could have added 'a TOWIE star' to the line and it would have been life meeting art. Time will tell if she is to make a versatile actor.
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least at the end she showed some guilt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that. The only thing that was missing was that we didn't see Michelle Keegan having a sh*t. Must be quite a messy business retrieving the drugs
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I preferred last weeks story. This seemed especially far fetched and whilst Michelle Keegan did a serviceable job I couldn't forget that it was her (if that makes sense?).

That scene where she talked about wanting to be a girl who dated a 'Footballer' and attend 'film premieres' especially stood out. It was like she was talking about herself. They could have added 'a TOWIE star' to the line and it would have been life meeting art. Time will tell if she is to make a versatile actor.
    We chimed in with "or a reality tv star" during that speech, it seemed pretty pointed :D
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,879
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed last night's episode more than last week's

Good story there, just goes to show you what some people will do just to be able to afford the better things in life.

Lord knows how anyone could possibly swallow that many bags of drugs, they were huge:o

Thought Michelle did a great job and now looking forward to next Tuesday.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also hooked on this programme, just love it. I was the same with Happy Valley, couldn't wait for the next weeks episode.
    My OH must like it too, never uttered a word throughout the two episodes, now that's a first.
    Don't really rate Michelle as a good actress and she called the drug dealer Jimmah like she called Tommy, Tommah in coronation street. That use to annoy the hell out of me. Very pretty young woman but gosh, she knows it.
    This story might make other people think about what they are doing when they are being used to peddle drugs. That can only be a good thing.
    It's such a good format where we get to see the different lives of the various workers every week.
    Full marks to the writers, excellent programme.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good first two episodes. I'm surprised Marty kept his job, regardless of the situation it's still a really bad lie to tell especially on his final warning!

I suppose this week there were small lies - going to Ibiza, then her not admitting being involved until afew days later and her telling Vivs parents she had stayed out afew more days.

It's shocking that people still do take these risks, all for a nice holiday and afew thousand pounds. I could never do that, I'd be bricking it so much I'd give myself away!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,589
    Forum Member
    Par6 wrote: »
    He just played himself like most TV actors do.

I agree with that.

What a forgiving company that is after what he put them all through!
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed last nights episode, as a previous poster mentioned I too watched Simon Reeve Caribbean and was astounded at the drug situation there :o

I know it's tv and primarily meant as entertainment, but would the customs officers in DR not have checked when Viv arrived and looked on the passenger lists and connected Tracy's possible involvement too?

Trailer for next weeks looks, ermmm, interesting :D ;-)
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    I'm just looking fwd to Mackenzie Crook's storyline because so far he hasn't utter a word.
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just looking fwd to Mackenzie Crook's storyline because so far he hasn't utter a word.

He was tapping away furiously on his phone when they were talking about Viv & the drugs - I was thinking that he may have been involved somehow.
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm really only continuing with this because of Mackenzie Crook. So far I've found it rather "soapy". The first episode in particular reminded me of nothing so much as a backplot from "Doctors" except that it was his wife who persuaded him to come clean rather than Mrs Tembe. And the old soap actors playing pretty much themselves don't really help the illusion.

But as Mr Crooks can do no wrong in my book, I have to hope that he sees something in it that's worth waiting for.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,052
    Forum Member
    A couple of posters wrote that they hadn't watched episode 1
    It's available on BBC iPlayer until about April 16th
    And episode 2 until about April 23rd

IMO two excellent episodes
    Not really seen Jason Mountford before but I thought he played his part very well
    As for Michelle Keegan, she can do no wrong