Options

2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    its_emily wrote: »
    I would love to see Joe McFadden from Holby City and Heartbeat!

Loving your thinking :blush:
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For this upcoming cast, I want Tptb to stay away from having another pixie/Caroline/frankie in the SAME series.

I wonder which controversial celeb, they're going to cast this year :confused::confused:

And please not another boyband :p
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Greg James agrees to do it this year.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    For this upcoming cast, I want Tptb to stay away from having another pixie/Caroline/frankie in the SAME series.

I wonder which controversial celeb, they're going to cast this year :confused::confused:

And please not another boyband :p

I do hope they don't go the Katie Hoping route :o
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope they don't go the Katie Hoping route :o

She would be interesting to watch. I wonder how well she would do.

Plus fills the slot of Journalist / Media Motormouth :D which is a new fame role for the show.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Plus the outrage with Pixie getting eliminated. Easily the strongest dancer but the very week she announces she is not on tour she is sent packing.

Sings: "Let it go. Let it go-oh..."

As for that vile gobshite, Katie Hopkins, if she is in this year's line-up, hopefully she will be the first to get the boot.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for that vile gobshite, Katie Hopkins, if she is in this year's line-up, hopefully she will be the first to get the boot.

Agreed and it's a joke calling her a 'journalist'. Professional troll would be a more apt description of what she does. If any producer ever resorts to including her in a strictly line up then they've really lost the plot.

As for Pixie being eliminated - I liked her but I didn't feel that strongly about her being elminated because I also liked Simon. However, I do think there's something in the theory that she was eliminated because she wasn't on the tour. I don't think there's any coincidence that all four of the finalists were booked for the tour - I bet the producers were really gutted when Frankie told them she had to pull out ha ha :D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancing-adrian-chiles-5382490

Adrian Chiles (oh lord) and Karen Danczuk (the "selfie" councillor) in the frame according to a multitude of sources.

I can see both doing it, unfortunately. Chiles' career has hit the skids and Danczuk is the latest media fascination figure (a'la Dell'Olio)
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member

Adrian Chiles (oh lord) and Karen Danczuk (the "selfie" councillor) in the frame according to a multitude of sources.

I can see both doing it, unfortunately. Chiles' career has hit the skids and Danczuk is the latest media fascination figure (a'la Dell'Olio)

Can you really trust an article with a video clip entitled "Moment Brendan and Caroline win Strictly" :o:o:o

Chiles left the BBC under a cloud - he may be doing 5 live, but he is not yet rehabilitated.
    That takes a long time, and a lot of fundraising for Children in Need.

Nobody who is anything to do with politics will be "signed up for Strictly" until after the election, and then again - there may have to be a second election - so even less chance.
    I know the fame-hungry so-and-so is only the wife of an MP, but if there is an election in the offing it would be still construed as bias.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Adrian Chiles - meh but I can't see him doing it even though his career has hit the skids....I think he'd see at embarrassing step backwards having to grovel back to the BBC on a reality show.

As for this Danczuk person - so taking revealing selfies on Twitter makes you a 'celebrity'? There's loads of exhibitionists on Twitter - I'm at loss as to what makes her so special. Is it because she's married to an MP? Seems like the producers are copying CBB in going for a politician's wife.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Can you really trust an article with a video clip entitled "Moment Brendan and Caroline win Strictly" :o:o:o

Chiles left the BBC under a cloud - he may be doing 5 live, but he is not yet rehabilitated.
    That takes a long time, and a lot of fundraising for Children in Need.

Nobody who is anything to do with politics will be "signed up for Strictly" until after the election, and then again - there may have to be a second election - so even less chance.
    I know the fame-hungry so-and-so is only the wife of an MP, but if there is an election in the offing it would be still construed as bias.

Ann Widdicombe was signed in an election year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ann Widdicombe was signed in an election year.

Ann Widdecombe was standing down as an MP so was leaving politics for good.
    She did not lose her seat, or stand in the 2010 election so was available for Strictly.

William Hague is retiring from Parliament - but I really don't think he is likely.... is he ??:D

Simon Danczuk only won his Rochdale seat at the 2010 election, so will be standing for re-election.
    Although maybe his wife's "sexy selfies" might not play well with local voters and he may be out on his ear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sings: "Let it go. Let it go-oh..."

I had no problem with Pixie going. I do think she was weak in the dance off.

However, she was IMO the best technically and could easily outmatch Simon in terms of stats.

The Pixie fans think it was a sham how she gets the boot since she announces that she is not on tour. In previous times the judges have rigged the dance off to save the better dancer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Agreed and it's a joke calling her a 'journalist'. Professional troll would be a more apt description of what she does. If any producer ever resorts to including her in a strictly line up then they've really lost the plot.

As for Pixie being eliminated - I liked her but I didn't feel that strongly about her being elminated because I also liked Simon. However, I do think there's something in the theory that she was eliminated because she wasn't on the tour. I don't think there's any coincidence that all four of the finalists were booked for the tour - I bet the producers were really gutted when Frankie told them she had to pull out ha ha :D

This level of outrage and hate is what BBC want though. She is the ultimate villain contestant. Julian MacDonald X 1000000 :D:D:D

I would not mind her being on. Seeing her being the 1st eliminated would be amazing <333
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another mature female celeb could be Jan Francis. She is ballet-trained but gave up dancing 46 years ago. I think, when it comes to older celebs, the disadvantages of age balance out previous training, especially if that training was so long ago. It's not quite the same as someone who left stage school 5 years ago and is still lithe and physically fit.

Yes definitely, Jan would do for me, will be 68 by the time the next Strictly starts and her dancing days were years ago. Wouldn't mind also seeing Sue Menhenick (Ex Legs & Co). Might be considered a ringer but never learnt Ballroom and Latin and approaching 60 her professional dancing career is long past.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    This level of outrage and hate is what BBC want though. She is the ultimate villain contestant. Julian MacDonald X 1000000 :D:D:D

I would not mind her being on. Seeing her being the 1st eliminated would be amazing <333
    The problem is, if Katie Hopkins were to do Strictly, she probably wouldn't be the first eliminated. I can just see her staying in until the latter stages of the competition.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Georgia Mae Fotte
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    French born TV presenter Liz Bonnin - 38.
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/resources/images/3302039.jpg?htype=0
    Has presented TV shows from scientific to wildlife and been brilliant at all of them.

Irish Actress and writer Sharon Horgan - 44.
    http://www.sueterryvoices.co.uk/images/news/sharon-horgan-midlife.jpg
    Very witty and fun personality.

TV presenter Kate Humble - 48.
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130114010229/celebrity/images/7/78/Kate_Humble_ring.jpg
    Has presented lots of TV shows and seems a fun personality. Would be interesting to see if she will let them do her hair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    The problem is, if Katie Hopkins were to do Strictly, she probably wouldn't be the first eliminated. I can just see her staying in until the latter stages of the competition.

Agreed, the same with Katie Price or any other contentious tabloid fodder figures......if some devil's spawn of a producer decided they wanted them in a line up, then they'd want to keep them in as long as possible like they did with Widdy.....cue a few 'shock' exits and all the 'outrage' on social media which will be picked up by the media and you just imagine the big wigs at the bbc rubbing their hands together with glee.

I'm hoping exhibitionist Twitter selfie woman is just PR 'joke' from the BBC. It's a bit early for April fools but perhaps they wanted to get in there early. I know the producers have stooped very low and scraped the barrel before, but this is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    French born TV presenter Liz Bonnin - 38.
    http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/resources/images/3302039.jpg?htype=0
    Has presented TV shows from scientific to wildlife and been brilliant at all of them.

Irish Actress and writer Sharon Horgan - 44.
    http://www.sueterryvoices.co.uk/images/news/sharon-horgan-midlife.jpg
    Very witty and fun personality.

TV presenter Kate Humble - 48.
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130114010229/celebrity/images/7/78/Kate_Humble_ring.jpg
    Has presented lots of TV shows and seems a fun personality. Would be interesting to see if she will let them do her hair.
    Kate Humble would be someone I'd like to see on Strictly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if he'd be inclined to do it or not but I think Adam Henson would be a very good signing especially as Countryfile is screened so near the results show. I'm not a regular watcher of Countryfile but when I've watched it he's always come across as a nice, genial personality. I just heard him on the radio as he's promoting a new tv series and wondered if the producers had ever approached him. Matt Baker was very popular....but of course he was good dancer but I can see Adam being popular too even if he isn't as good as Matt. He's a farmer as well as a tv presenter so as with Matt expect lots of farm animal based VTs if he ever does it.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife thinks Gary Lineker would be ideal for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    My wife thinks Gary Lineker would be ideal for the show.

Thankfully I don't think he'd do it because of his 'Match of the day' commitments..... I think his wife is more likely to appear at some point unfortunately, but I wouldn't want to see him or his wife on strictly. If they ever do approach his WAG and she's in a line up, I expect as they've done with other WAGS, the producers and presenters will lay on the preferential treatment especially for her because of the famous connection .
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BREAKING NEWS: Jeremy Clarkson & Zayn Malik "clear their diaries" to take part in Strictly 2015"!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS: Jeremy Clarkson & Zayn Malik "clear their diaries" to take part in Strictly 2015"!!!

We might get Compo and Clegg as well !!!