Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    man in the parkman in the park Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed is a toff through and through gloria luv and he lives in primrose hill which you already know and wrighty knows as well. Loose women for you dear.:):):)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gloria's annoying but I'm just grateful she's not from Neighbours, Home and Away or Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Gloria's annoying but I'm just grateful she's not from Neighbours, Home and Away or Hollyoaks.

I quite liked stefan dennis last week but i know what you mean.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed is a toff through and through gloria luv and he lives in primrose hill which you already know and wrighty knows as well. Loose women for you dear.:):):)

It's all comparative. Compared to Cameron or Farage he's really not a toff, very unusually for current day politicians he went to a comprehensive school.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gloria keen to say that women earn 81p of every pound men earn for the same job but strangely she says nothing about men being the bigger bill-payers so equality has not only been achieved but passed, to now the detriment of men.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/09/why-do-men-keep-paying-for-the-first-date/380387/
    The company’s survey indicates that, in the early stages of courting, the pressure to pay falls primarily on men, but this imbalance hardly dissolves as the relationship progresses. Fifty-six percent of men foot the bill in full once they’re in an established relationship, and, even further down the line, 36 percent of men pay all of household bills, versus 14 percent of women.

When was the last time any man here went on a date and the woman paid? I'll answer for myself to get the ball rolling - Never.

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/featured-articles/who-pays-first-date-gender-roles-couples/

The usual half-arsed, one-sided, woe is women debate we've come to expect from The Wright-On Stuff.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gloria keen to say that women earn 81p of every pound men earn for the same job but strangely she says nothing about men being the bigger bill-payers so equality has not only been achieved but passed, to now the detriment of men.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/09/why-do-men-keep-paying-for-the-first-date/380387/

When was the last time any man here went on a date and the woman paid? I'll answer for myself to get the ball rolling - Never.

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/finance/featured-articles/who-pays-first-date-gender-roles-couples/

The usual half-arsed, one-sided, woe is women debate we've come to expect from The Wright-On Stuff.

Weird argument
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Weird argument

Incisive. Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the words "Hi, i'm Chucky, wanna play?" spring to anyone else's mind when they saw Hello Barbie featured this morning?
  • Options
    The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Did the words "Hi, i'm Chucky, wanna play?" spring to anyone else's mind when they saw Hello Barbie featured this morning?

Why did he keep saying the Barbie is the first ever doll of this type?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10881303/Meet-Cayla-the-first-Internet-connected-doll.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richman is a great guest. Sad to see he's bulked out again.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time for screechy to go..

With all the worlds problems why have "all burgers should carry health warnings"

The talking points are really shit
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the "are loo rolls evil"

Dear god. Replace the researchers
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter crap today.
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TPs just get even worse, two or more gimmicky TPs in every show. Even the serious ones have been done better before or are too obviously set up for Wrighty to butt heads with Tories/mothers who dare to phone in. Yawn :kitty:
    Wrighty is cock a hoop this morning with Gloria De Piero on. Just watch the lovein. Al softball questions for his fellow traveller.
    We still have Simon Hughes to look forward to(!)

I suppose Christine Hamilton on the panel balances things out, but still.
    Richman is a great guest. Sad to see he's bulked out again.
    I was sad when he lost the bulk. He wears it well.

Richman is the shining light in an otherwise rubbish week. :cool:
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,661
    Forum Member
    I've never seen or heard of Adam Richman before, but he's an excellent guest. I hope they have him back on.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guy talking about weight loss/healthier eating when he's podged right back out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Utter crap today.

Its been crap everyday this week. Cannot stand stefan gates just so smug. Enjoyed todays guest even though i didn't know who he was. The 'comedy powerhouse' Jenny eclair on tomorrow.:(:(:(
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Richman is a great guest, and he does indeed 'wear it well'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I've never seen or heard of Adam Richman before, but he's an excellent guest. I hope they have him back on.

Adam usually does TWS and Sunday Brunch when he's over here. As the promotion is still food related he may pop up on Saturday Morning Kitchen. It all depends on his schedule.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrighty is cock a hoop this morning with Gloria De Piero on. Just watch the lovein. Al softball questions for his fellow traveller.

No different to when Nadine Dorries featured, then. Bet you weren't whingeing about her.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Straker;77438353]Gloria keen to say that women earn 81p of every pound men earn for the same job but strangely she says nothing about men being the bigger bill-payers [/B]so equality has not only been achieved but passed, to now the detriment of men.

The usual half-arsed, one-sided, woe is women debate we've come to expect from The Wright-On Stuff.[/QUOTE]

BIB - Bit of an old-fashioned view that. Most couples I know split the bills pretty much 50-50, even when the women are earning less. Also more and more women nowadays choose to live alone, without a man, and their bills are just as big, or if they have kids, then maybe even bigger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    BIB - Men are not always the bigger bill payers. More and more women nowadays choose to live alone, without a man, and their bills are just as big, or if they have kids, then maybe even bigger.

For the purposes of this I was of course referring to people in couples/relationships which is still the majority.

It's an unacknowledged truth that women are more than happy with inequality when it benefits them.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the purposes of this I was of course referring to people in couples/relationships which is still the majority.

It's an unacknowledged truth that women are more than happy with inequality when it benefits them.

I edited my post to include that most couples I know split their bills 50-50 even when the woman is earning less.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,661
    Forum Member

Some women. Just as some men would if it was the other way round,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Some women. Just as some men would if it was the other way round,

Most women. There's plenty of surveys out there that back me up. You should goggle them.
This discussion has been closed.