Options

James Corden's major flop in US?

Comments

• Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not making a comment about it doing badly. My point is about why there is so much hoohaa and hype around this show. The national news were making out that the show is a big deal.

As I was growing up in the UK I was led to believe that all these American chat shows with the likes of Johnny Carson and David Letterman were huge shows in America.
    But 1.66m is not a lot of people in the grand scheme of things.
    I'm just a bit surprised that I myself must have bought into the hype a little bit.

Yes, but no show is going to get massive ratings at 12:35am. And as I said, the total number of viewers is irrelevant to a network anyway. I think Jimmy Fallon who is on at 11:30pm and the highest rated gets around 3 million viewers.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, is that really necessary?

My other half calls me a pot bellied pig so if it's good enough for me then it's good enough for him.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those demos are poor.😨
    LATE Late Show delivered its largest Monday audience since November 14, 2011.
    Compared to the same night last year, LATE LATE SHOW WITH JAMES CORDEN was up +22% in viewers (from 1.36m) and even in adults 25-54, adults 18-49 and adults 18-34.

How is that "Poor" ?. Reads like a big success to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is that "Poor" ?. Reads like a big success to me.

I would not call 0.2 in adults 18-34 a success considering that's the advertisers target group.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not call 0.2 in adults 18-34 a success considering that's the advertisers target group.

I'm not sure where you're coming from really because all I see is a big percentage increase across the board. The 18-34 bracket was obviously lower than that anyway, and his first show has increased it.

How is that not a good thing ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those demos are poor.😨

Not for the time slot they aren't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it's 18-49.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping he gets positive reviews..........so that the Yanks keep him there. Spectacularly unfunny oaf.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched a bit of the show last night and I must say, Corden acted throughout.

He has literally invented a new American persona for himself, complete with 'Oh, MY...Gard' and urging the audience to clap about some woman getting married.

I'd give him more credit if he were being himself. It's the first time ever I've seen him acting as someone else. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched a bit of the show last night and I must say, Corden acted throughout.

He has literally invented a new American persona for himself, complete with 'Oh, MY...Gard' and urging the audience to clap about some woman getting married.

I'd give him more credit if he were being himself. It's the first time ever I've seen him acting as someone else. :p

Completely agree!

I saw a clip of the show (only watched it because I like Tom Hanks, who was in it), and if you didn't know Corden already, you'd swear he was an American. So fake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree!

I saw a clip of the show (only watched it because I like Tom Hanks, who was in it), and if you didn't know Corden already, you'd swear he was an American. So fake.

James Corden can be called many things, but there is no way you could confuse him to be an American.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The need to see failure in others says most about the failings in you.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »

Not sure what contribution this is supposed to provide.

Some people like Corden and some don't. Same as for every other celebrity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    James Corden can be called many things, but there is no way you could confuse him to be an American.

Did you actually see the way he behaved on that show?
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's what he was trying to do in the video I saw.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, I want Corden to fail because my own foray into American television was a disaster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how much his wages are per week? Probaly around $30,000 a week.

And that's a low estimate.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what contribution this is supposed to provide.

Some people like Corden and some don't. Same as for every other celebrity.

If you read again it is not about liking or disliking anyone. It is about being emotionally invested in wishing someones failure. Something that is prevalent across DS especially showbiz forum.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read again it is not about liking or disliking anyone. It is about being emotionally invested in wishing someones failure. Something that is prevalent across DS especially showbiz forum.

I don't see how a few negative comments about someone is 'emotionally investing in wishing someone's failure'. I think he's an unfunny, arrogant pillock, but his success or failure matters not one iota to me.

We all have people we dislike - yourself included. I'm sure you wouldn't take too kindly to people saying that your critical comments were akin to emotional investment in their failure.

It's all horses for courses. It's a showbiz forum; a bit of lighthearted fluff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much his wages are per week? Probaly around $30,000 a week.

And that's a low estimate.

Well Craig Ferguson was on $12-15 million a year and it's rumoured Cordens contract is just $1.5 million a year.

I for one hope he stays over there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Looks like Corden's US 'flop' went down quite well...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32031781
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps I'm in the minority but I quite like him and I'm glad his first show was a success.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As I was reading that sentence I was expecting it to finish on the word 'actor'.:D
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no need to "see" it..
    Just looking at those horrid stills of him & Hanks dressed up made me feel sick
    They may love him now, but it'll soon fall apart

USA can keep him