Options

Soap lovers who have stopped posting or are posting less?

Comments

• Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    No Guido9 I think his forum name is. He was an 'old' school poster like me :D

He still posts on the episode threads from time to time...and excellent posts they are too. :)
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Essex_Boy wrote: »
    ive been watching this forum way before joining it

it's all the good posters who stop posting cos theyve been banned

imatt_101, joe_Zel, d.dota, sultanina, radcliffe

the controversial ones that are entertainin are all gone
    What have they done to get banned?
  • Options
    Essex_BoyEssex_Boy Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    What have they done to get banned?
    Dunno they seemed proper joke tho

Does anyone kno why they were banned?
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been posting here for 18 months and have posted 559 times. well...between here and big brother but that's only when it's showing so not as often as here. But I still feel very much like a newbie.

I've never been acknowledged.
    I've not got a nickname.
    I feel sad :( *sob*

I feel much the same after a decade :D

I don't post enough enough to be popular. I have been known to disappear for months on end without anyone even noticing. I am basically the Denny Rickman of DS. Only female and "a bit" older.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't post enough enough to be popular. I have been known to disappear for months on end without anyone even noticing. I am basically the Denny Rickman of DS. Only female and "a bit" older.

Lady V I think you're fab and I always notice your posts. Plus I love your name lol. manys the harry potter discussion we've had!
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady V I think you're fab and I always notice your posts. Plus I love your name lol. manys the harry potter discussion we've had!

Aww SHNOGS to you sorcha
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that I'm still here today as well. I will of course keep you all updated if this changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    I can confirm that I'm still here today as well. I will of course keep you all updated if this changes.

Bonjour Jb
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonjour Jb

Come on Sorch, I don't speak these foreign tongues as well you know. I bet that was a compliment though. Thank you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Come on Sorch, I don't speak these foreign tongues as well you know. I bet that was a compliment though. Thank you!

Lool! Great to see u
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Denny's absences are noticed though. I've seen you post before so you've been noticed by me. I mainly reply to opinions I feel differently about directly. Everyone has times they go for a while. I went for a few weeks before that thread a month ago and before that I was absent from days after I created in 2012 to September 2014 and i doubt anyone noticed that :P
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not one mention. Pffft!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not one mention. Pffft!

Scotland must have had no broadband jop. Nice to see you though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotland must have had no broadband jop. Nice to see you though!

Thanks Sorcha :) You too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Sorcha :) You too.

Sorry about the rugby!.lol.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,305
    Forum Member
    Essex_Boy wrote: »
    Dunno they seemed proper joke tho

Does anyone kno why they were banned?

I don't think we are supooosed to ask. In fact we're not really supposed to talk about former members at all.

However i think that in some cases, due to the rather 'slapstick' nature of their humour, people complained that they were inciting violence.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I don't think we are supooosed to ask. In fact we're not really supposed to talk about former members at all.

However i think that in some cases, due to the rather 'slapstick' nature of their humour, people complained that they were inciting violence.

Would the mods have really taken that seriously :confused::o Anyway is inciting violence even against the rules ;-)
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Not one mention. Pffft!

I have mentioned you in previous threads lovely,only in the most glowing complimentary terms for Scotlands rose 🌹 😘

I also asked amoral trollop Dan2008 if you were on a break :D
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

Why they were banned i can get why but referring to past users is nice for the longer standing forum users like when past characters are mentioned on TV. Just asking as it not abusinf them for whatever they may or may not of done.

Everyone's humour is different. Personally people think I am when inthink in the most boring person ever but apparently income up with the best one liners in person. Some people have dry humour others can be amused with anything.
    Violent senses of humour shouldn't be in Internet as anyone can read them and very few people actually know you and would know that it's just your humour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would the mods have really taken that seriously :confused::o Anyway is inciting violence even against the rules ;-)

It may not be specifically mentioned in those terms but threatening attitudes are to other posters or actors. I wouldn't think it would apply as the comments were clearly about the characters, not the actors and were also clearly tongue in cheek but it is the only reason i can think of. Certainly i used to see people complaining about the 'violent' nature of the posts on some of the threads from posters that either understand (or didn't want to understand) the humour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why they were banned i can get why but referring to past users is nice for the longer standing forum users like when past characters are mentioned on TV. Just asking as it not abusinf them for whatever they may or may not of done.

Everyone's humour is different. Personally people think I am when inthink in the most boring person ever but apparently income up with the best one liners in person. Some people have dry humour others can be amused with anything.
    Violent senses of humour shouldn't be in Internet as anyone can read them and very few people actually know you and would know that it's just your humour.

Yes it is nice for past posters to be mentioned in a positive way but it is not always positive and i suppose the reason we aren't supposed to talk about them (and it is in the forum rules) is that they are not here to defend themselves if somebody does post negatively.

Also, the Mods probably think that discipline issues should just be between them and the poster in question and invariably the "why did they get banned" question does come up.

I don't make the rules and don't necessarily agree with them, i'm just saying that according to the rules we are not meant to discuss past (specifically banned) members and suggesting possible reasons as to why the rule is there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about the rugby!.lol.

No worries, I care not for rugby. Independence, now that's a different story. :p:D
    I have mentioned you in previous threads lovely,only in the most glowing complimentary terms for Scotlands rose 🌹 😘

I also asked amoral trollop Dan2008 if you were on a break :D

Thanks lovely, your £5 is in the post.

WE WERE ON A BREAK!!! :D
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

who'd a' thought watching soaps could enrage people so much 😮
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep on going, I've noticed your posts before. Don't be afraid if its main players or not... If you keep trying you could become a main player. Sexuality storylines are hard to talk about if you've had a bad experience so that's nothing to worry about. If you post about alfie your bound to get involved in a convo ;)

Hope everything is ok now :)
    Aw thanks joe. You're right sexuality stories are quite hard to talk about, more so when you can relate to them...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    No Guido9 I think his forum name is. He was an 'old' school poster like me :D

He was a cool poster. Fellow Danielle enthusiast. :)