Options

Amanda Knox acquitted of the murder of Meredith Kercher again

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Knox's camp will be elated. Shouldn't the Mercher's be pleased no more unnecessary suffering in this case is to take place, with innocent people jailed?

When did dignity, maturity and empathy for others become such undesirable personality traits? :(
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    I thought her family dancing in the street after was bloody awful! Are all these Knox people sociopaths or something? Wouldn't you want to spare some thought for how Meredith's family would be feeling?

On another note, what a mess the Italian justice system is.

What if it was your daughter that had been found innocent after being wrongly convicted and jailed for years? Wouldn't you be absolutely elated that she wasn't going to be harassed and persecuted anymore? They shouldn't curtail their celebrations because Kercher's family might not like someone being declared innocent in a court of law.
  • Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Knox's camp will be elated. Shouldn't the Mercher's be pleased no more unnecessary suffering in this case is to take place, with innocent people jailed?

Merchers?
    What was the victims name?
    They should be pleased?
    Should they apologise?
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    What if it was your daughter that had been found innocent after being wrongly convicted and jailed for years? Wouldn't you be absolutely elated that she wasn't going to be harassed and persecuted anymore? They shouldn't curtail their celebrations because Kercher's family might not like someone being declared innocent in a court of law.

Perhaps, but the more dignified response to a family having lost a daughter might have been not to dance in the street.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    I thought her family dancing in the street after was bloody awful! Are all these Knox people sociopaths or something? Wouldn't you want to spare some thought for how Meredith's family would be feeling?

On another note, what a mess the Italian justice system is.

I think after seven years, nearly four of them spent in prison, they are entitled to celebrate when justice is seen to be done.
    The Kercher family's anger should really be directed at the deranged prosecutor, Giuliano Mignini. His crazy theories about the circumstances leading up to their daughter's murder have been rightly dismissed as total nonsense. The fact that their daughter's real killer had his sentence halved for coming up with a series of lies (at the request of Mignini) is a terrible indictment of the Italian legal system.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Is that the best insult you can do? You have your opinion I have mine and that is a murderer was acquitted, frankly I hope we hear no more about this bitch, just show what American pressure when brought to bare can ensure a favourable outcome.

Wow, you really have taken this hard. :(

She is innocent mate, she always was.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the best insult you can do? You have your opinion I have mine and that is a murderer was acquitted, frankly I hope we hear no more about this bitch, just show what American pressure when brought to bare can ensure a favourable outcome.

Plus a lack of evidence and motive.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Diddums.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Perhaps, but the more dignified response to a family having lost a daughter might have been not to dance in the street.

The response was to a grave injustice finally being put to bed once and for all. Knox had nothing to do with what happened to Meredith Kercher, so there is nothing really to link the two, or suggest that her victory over the rotten Italian judicial system should be muted because of that.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    The response was to a grave injustice finally being put to bed once and for all. Knox had nothing to do with what happened to Meredith Kercher, so there is nothing really to link the two, or suggest that her victory over the rotten Italian judicial system should be muted because of that.

Where did I say it should be muted because of the rotten italian system as you put it. Knox and Kercher are linked because of this case and perhaps it might have been kinder not to dance in the street while another family are mourning the loss of a child. I understand empathy is a little beyond some people but one can hope.
  • Options
    chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched the speech she gave outside her home. Her manner was that of an actress doing one of those OTT award acceptance speeches. The matter of her innocence to one side, there's just something about her that seems unauthentic.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    I just watched the speech she gave outside her home. Her manner was that of an actress doing one of those OTT award acceptance speeches. The matter of her innocence to one side, there's just something about her that seems unauthentic.

Most Americans come across that way to me, I think partly because they are over dramatic and like to think they're in a movie and partly because I've seen too many american movies

Not many of them seem to act naturally to me
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    MinnieMinz wrote: »

but amanda was jailed wrongly for 4 yrs and persecuted. so her family are elated its all over and are celebrating. it doesnt mean they have forgotten meredith kercher. seeing amanda smiling so happily in the papers after being completley cleared and vindicated maybe will make people think how wrong it is to assume guilt without any evidence
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Americans come across that way to me, I think partly because they are over dramatic and like to think they're in a movie and partly because I've seen too many american movies

Not that you want to generalise or anything!
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh dear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that you want to generalise or anything!
    epicurian wrote: »
    Oh dear.

Sorry if it upsets you. That's how they come across to me
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Apparently the Supreme Court Judges will be giving detailed reasons for their decision at some point in the future.

It will be interesting to see what they say in their report on this case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaff wrote: »

She was facing being extradited with another 20 years in an Italian nick had the verdict gone the other way. In her shoes, I would have been smashed out of my head on Class A's and Champagne inside five minutes of receiving the news of the acquittal, so seemingly being a bit 'unauthentic' is a harsh criticism in the extreme.

As for her family - yeah, perhaps a bit more decorum would have been nice, but again I think many people have forgotten what Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito would have faced if the convictions had been upheld - their lives would have been over. It's understandable that their families were pleased at the outcome...
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they've not only cleared her, and sollecito, but completely annulled the convictions as well, effectively exonerating them and wiping their records clean.

maybe a statement today, but i imagine she'll give an interview at some point

They made some deal with the USA. What a shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if it upsets you. That's how they come across to me

That's ok. As an American in the UK, I'm used to this kind of prejudice.

I'm sure it's just an excuse for you to vent anger at your own inadequacies and shortcomings.

^^ I read that in another thread on here... can't remember which one though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's ok. As an American in the UK, I'm used to this kind of prejudice.

I'm sure it's just an excuse for you to vent anger at your own inadequacies and shortcomings.

^^ I read that in another thread on here... can't remember which one though.

That's life. English people in the US probably have to put up with worse prejudice or stereotypes they don't like
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's life. English people in the US probably have to put up with worse prejudice or stereotypes they don't like

Maybe they do, but I fail to see how that excuses your prejudice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they do, but I fail to see how that excuses your prejudice.

It doesn't. Get over it
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    So happy for her.

There was nowhere near enough evidence to convict her, whether you think she is guilty or not.

I, personally, think she didn't do it.

Well done Amanda.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    They made some deal with the USA. What a shame.

funny, and the USA happened to do the same for sollecito too an italian out of the kindness of their heart?