Options

The 15 people you will find in any forum or comments section

Comments

• Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a lot of pedant on here.

No matter how much research you do, there will always be someone who thinks you are wrong in some capacity. They will helpfully point out your mistake, usually with a hefty lump of sarcasm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol. I'm going for 'the person who demands a source'. I do like to know if someone's fact is from The Times, The Daily Star, or the imagination of the person posting it. Excellent list though.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I'm not like any of those 15 descriptions

I don't belong here :(
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    16. The Nice Guy
    17. The Breaking News Guy
    18. The PBU
    19. The ill informed, thick as shit, self entitled, always angry man of the people and his quest for social justice
    20. The elephant with mental health issues in the chatroom.
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the 'who cares' and the 'why is this news?' posters, especially when it's showbiz news in the showbiz news section😏
  • Options
    ChocolateCheeseChocolateCheese Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21. The one nobody dares to disagree with.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I've been every single one of those at one time or another, to be fair.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of pedant on here.

There are a lot of pendants on here. ;-)
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol. I'm going for 'the person who demands a source'. I do like to know if someone's fact is from The Times, The Daily Star, or the imagination of the person posting it. Excellent list though.

The most annoying type.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've seen all of them, especially No 4, which, as it relates to this forum, means attacking the OP for daring to post a given topic, or their opinion on it.

I'm probably closest to No 15, as I have in the past failed to read things properly and consequently arrived at a totally erroneous conclusion - note to self: read carefully and check the thread replies before launching in.
    RebelScum wrote: »
    16. The Nice Guy
    17. The Breaking News Guy
    18. The PBU
    19. The ill informed, thick as shit, self entitled, always angry man of the people and his quest for social justice
    20. The elephant with mental health issues in the chatroom.

21. The "must have the last word at all costs" brigade
    22. The anyone who doesn't agree 100% with my left wing views is a moron/racist/bigot, type
    23. Allied to that, the smug, self righteous, sneering leftie liberal.
    24. The internet hardmen who'd beat up, or "I wouldn't be responsible for my actions", anyone who touched their cat, or whatever.
    25. The armchair detectives who know they have the solution to any murder or other crime mystery.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    21. The one nobody dares to disagree with.

Good one!

There are a few like that on here, two in particular I can think of, where I never bother responding to, it's just not worth it.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Probably 10. For me
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    I've seen all of them, especially No 4, which, as it relates to this forum, means attacking the OP for daring to post a given topic, or their opinion on it.

I'm probably closest to No 15, as I have in the past failed to read things properly and consequently arrived at a totally erroneous conclusion - note to self: read carefully and check the thread replies before launching in.

21. The "must have the last word at all costs" brigade
    22. The anyone who doesn't agree 100% with my left wing views is a moron/racist/bigot, type
    24. The internet hardmen who'd beat up, or "I wouldn't be responsible for my actions", anyone who touched their cat, or whatever.
    25. The armchair detectives who know they have the solution to any murder or other crime mystery.

26. The "Anyone using a thread about forum stereotypes to have an unsubtle pop at a wing of politics they don't like" type.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I'm a bit of many of those that have been mentioned, but not the 'who cares?', joker, source, offensive, or clique ones.

I know I do have the 'must have the last word' mentality though, my Dad used to tell me off for it when I was tiny and I've never got out of it.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    27. The, "As a parent, I would never have done xxx, xxx or xxx," ones.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..The Sock Puppet Account.

Plenty to be found in Politics.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,568
    Forum Member
    Good one!
    No it isn't!
    There are a few like that on here, two in particular I can think of, where I never bother responding to, it's just not worth it.
    It's well worth it, I can assure you. You should try it. i.e.

29. The Contrarian. ;)
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30. The religion is the cause of ( fill in the blank ) and ( ) and ( ) in the world, types.

31. The Islam is the cause of more ( fill in the blank ) and ( ) and ( ), than any other religion, types.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    No it isn't!

It's well worth it, I can assure you. You should try it. i.e.

29. The Contrarian. ;)

I didn't mean it's a good one as in good to be like that, I meant a good one to come up with to add to the list!
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,568
    Forum Member
    I didn't mean it's a good one as in good to be like that, I meant a good one to come up with to add to the list!

I know, I was being ironic... but I think ironic humour was in the original list so I went with contrarian instead! :D
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »

Woah, have some balance !
    Mesostim wrote: »
    26. The "Anyone using a thread about forum stereotypes to have an unsubtle pop at a wing of politics they don't like" type.

Clearly needs to be added :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    I know, I was being ironic... but I think ironic humour was in the original list! :o:D

D'oh!

30) People who say d'oh to get out of a situation!
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a few on here that this one applies to
    14. The ‘first world problems’ guys

The fact that there are worse things happening in the world means that you should be ashamed for talking about anything else, obviously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    The most annoying type.

Do you have a link for that, or have you must made it up?
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the point of that list IS? I really couldn't give a shit about that type of stereotypical nonsense.

Just thought you should all know :D