Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,243
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    So today it's benefit scroungers, then fat people in the second half.

Will JOB once again tell everyone how he DOESNT use the therm Fatty Fat-Fat anymore? Which of course is a lie because every time he tells us he doesn't use it, he uses it.

Fashion update: Brown suit, brown shoes,brown tie, brown hair. The overall look is "brown".

I bet White Dee is on there as a guest. I'm not watching it anyway.

He has really sunk to the level of Steve Allen. Tacky beyond belief!
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »
    James O'Brien seems to be a true Renaissance Man at the moment.

Name a broadcaster who writes in the Daily Telegraph and the Daily Mail, who broadcasts on a national radio station LBC, who has has a bubble-gum politics chat show on commercial television , who sometimes hosts a serious news reporting show on the BBC, and who is being talked about on no fewer than 3 forums on DS.

This thread talks about little else than James O' Brien, directly or indirectly, so the notoriety this thread confers to him seems to be helping his career no end :)

Really? I doubt that coverage like below is helping James O'Brien except by suggesting something that he is not good at!
    O'Brien is rubbish as a host, he can't control the audience. We have had problems listening to the different peoples opinions as they are allowed to talk over one another. Total chaos.
    Not sure I'll be watching in future.
  • Options
    SohoSoho Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    She ran straight into the news just then, but hey it happens we all make mistakes.

Really enjoying her so far.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

Name a broadcaster who writes in the Daily Telegraph and the Daily Mail, who broadcasts on a national radio station LBC, who has has a bubble-gum politics chat show on commercial television , who sometimes hosts a serious news reporting show on the BBC, and who is being talked about on no fewer than 3 forums on DS.

This thread talks about little else than James O' Brien, directly or indirectly, so the notoriety this thread confers to him seems to be helping his career no end :)

And he also excels in being crap at all of them.
  • Options
    MrRayDOMrRayDO Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My last post about him. He would fit in doing a show as mr beans brother .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Maybe if we ignore him he'll go away ..... Ssshhhh :D

Having said that, he is pretty deluded . He's just retweeted :-

"#obrien" is now trending at rank 2 in United Kingdom'

What he didn't say is that if you look at the # it's refers to so many different 'obrien' s'
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James O'Brien seems to be a true Renaissance Man at the moment. ............................

Hilarious. I nearly spat my tea over the pc monitor when I read that. Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a while.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member

That was one of the points I was making. I was also saying people are taking about him when he's off and the person who is covering him, no one is taking about.

Just shows you some of the people who say they don't like listening to him in fact do and can't talk about LBC when he is not there!
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor J O'B. He should finish the ten shows, never set foot in an ITV studio again and quietly drop the whole fiasco from his CV. At least on LBC he gets to have conversations with intelligent callers. Where do they find those people in the audience? :o
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Poor J O'B. He should finish the ten shows, never set foot in an ITV studio again and quietly drop the whole fiasco from his CV. At least on LBC he gets to have conversations with intelligent callers. Where do they find those people in the audience? :o

I suspect that ITV's researchers are busily sifting applications from people accepting JOB's invitation to be part of the audience, as well as going through tne Manchester Evening News low rent stories about low rent members of the public. And there'll be plenty of fodder in the MEN I can assure you.

James goes through the whole programme with what looks like a puzzled frown on his face. Perhaps he's wondering how on earth his got himself into this mess, but given the smug tweets it's more likely to be an attempt at looking sincere.

And I do wish he'd close his legs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was one of the points I was making. I was also saying people are taking about him when he's off and the person who is covering him, no one is taking about.

Just shows you some of the people who say they don't like listening to him in fact do and can't talk about LBC when he is not there!

You spend more time talking about what people talk about, than you do anything else, why not comment about LBC yourself.
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Stapleton did a really good show earlier. Just the sort of thing required on the 10 am to 1 pm slot and lets hope we get more of it.
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay Burley 'vs' James O'Brien as the video title has it, in the aftermath of the Lampard interview :

https://youtu.be/Qw9RL2leKw4

There is little doubt that O'Brien is an excellent orator. Kay Burley was just no match and was either extraordinarily well informed or more likely made things up.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    John Stapleton did a really good show earlier. Just the sort of thing required on the 10 am to 1 pm slot and lets hope we get more of it.

Rather than just telling us it was a good show, it would be more interesting to know why you thought that and what he was discussing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kay Burley 'vs' James O'Brien as the video title has it, in the aftermath of the Lampard interview :

There is little doubt that O'Brien is an excellent orator. Kay Burley was just no match and was either extraordinarily well informed or more likely made things up.

Interesting how we see it differently. I think he looks shifty and comes across as super-defensive.
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine they are the local chavs! Lots of those hanging around at dowdy supermarkets and run-down council estates, who would be queuing up for their few seconds of 'fame' on tv..

I haven't seen this show (nor wish to) so can't properly comment on it. But reading the views on the tv thread it does sound like complete chaos, with J O'B totally unable to control his 'audience'. His tv career could well be down the pan by the time this series ends. Big gaffe on his part, and it's his own fault. ITV is a channel that largely caters for the illiterate, and JO'B should have been well aware of that.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was told a few weeks ago at Media City that they'd be herding students in. Haven't watched the programme and don't intend to but having it live at 12.30 weekdays does rule out a certain demographic, people at work.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised to hear Ian Collins last night, I thought he was just standing in, honestly didn't know Duncan had left.

Ian Sunday to Thurs and Nick Abbot Friday and Sat. Oh, nice one LBC :)
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Interesting how we see it differently. I think he looks shifty and comes across as super-defensive.

Wasn't Kay Burley's poor performance being laughed at even by her own work colleagues, audibly and live on air in the background ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You spend more time talking about what people talk about, than you do anything else, why not comment about LBC yourself.
    Do you. I think you need to take your own advice and "comment about LBC".

I guess you don't read them because I don't comment about the same 2 presenters all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The best part is when she admits to having Lampard's mother's death in her work diary! Very sad indeed. :D
  • Options
    jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I do love that video. Brilliant performance from O'Brien, he tears Kay Burley a new one! The way she abruptly cuts the discussion off and throws to an ad break after a few minutes is cringeworthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you. I think you need to take your own advice and "comment about LBC".

I guess you don't read them because I don't comment about the same 2 presenters all the time.

You seem obsessed with what one or two posters here comment on. As was pointed out yesterday, this is a forum for commenting on all things LBC and not about the users.

You say I need to take my own advice and comment about LBC - and in the next breath infer that I comment about the same two presenters

Make your mind up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Kay Burley's poor performance being laughed at even by her own work colleagues, audibly and live on air in the background ?

I don't know for sure who/what they were laughing at. Do you?
  • Options
    jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best part is when she admits to having Lampard's mother's death in her work diary! Very sad indeed. :D

Something tells me that was a bit of a porky-pie on her part... ;-) :cool:
This discussion has been closed.