Options

Back in time for dinner BBC2 8pm

Comments

• Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    They act as they literally landed from a different decade. Like bloody Alice in wonderland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Go wild in the aisles :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to see when they get connected on the Internet lol
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate that wallpaper...

I think this decade was when we were all very materialistic.. Ooh I remember floppy discs...lol Wonder if that young lad even knows what they are...lol

Oh wow the original MC...
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Ha! A home office with a tiny screen and floppy discs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »

Wonder if they will go off and make a cuppa while they wait to get connected.. That's what I used to do..lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't know there were Masterchef in the 90's....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Hate that wallpaper...

I think this decade was when we were all very materialistic.. Ooh I remember floppy discs...lol Wonder if that young lad even knows what they are...lol

Oh wow the original MC...

To think that you couldn't even get one song onto a floppy now unless it was compressed so much it would sound dreadful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know there were Masterchef in the 90's....

That's when it started with Lloyd Grossman... He holds the rights to it now.. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The Daughters are more sensible than the Mom, she's not coming across very well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Set the picture on TV to 16:9 for gods sake!!
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member

Love that sound but it filled me with much frustration
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are showing the original widescreen where the heads were cut off of people...lol

You know it's only the last few years that rib of beef is now becoming more readily available at the supermarkets.. I only know because that is the bit of beef that we really love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The home cooked food is delicious. The tastiest so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FortyTwo25 wrote: »
    Love that sound but it filled me with much frustration

And if you were really lucky you got a second phone line for the internet due to not being able to use the phone if you were online :D Me and hubby thought ourselves quite posh when we could afford the second phone line :D
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I've been enjoying this and I like the family, I can't see what's wrong with Rochelle or Brandon. I don't know why people have to pick others to pieces, they seem like a nice family who've entered into the spirit of the show even though Rochelle isn't particularly domesticated. She's seen that women would've had to be in the kitchen and look after the house in certain decades more than nowadays and for someone like her who doesn't like, or isn't good at, being the "housewife" (and she has more of a career) would've felt trapped.

I'll second this ^^ part of the reason I've stayed out of this thread, this place DS seems a lot of picking just for the sake of picking, can't just laugh along at the differences in other people.
    Just jumped back into this thread, 10 minutes into the 90's and I'm grinning like an idiot.
    Back to the program :)
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why were they watching a 16:9 telly in the 90's? Hardly anyone had them, and AFAIR there were no programmes in that format.
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    The year of my birth. Goodness I'm getting old(er)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Actually that was accurate for the time as more than half my friends would have the wrong aspect ratios on their TV that always annoyed the hell out of me. Either tall and thin people on a 16:9 picture squashed to 4:3 or far more typically, the TV permanently set to 16:9 and all 4:3 pictures stretched out across the screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll second this ^^ part of the reason I've stayed out of this thread, this place DS seems a lot of picking just for the sake of picking, can't just laugh along at the differences in other people.
    Just jumped back into this thread, 10 minutes into the 90's and I'm grinning like an idiot.
    Back to the program :)

I just take a step back and ignore it when there's all the picking going on.. I still put what I wanted on the thread regardless of the picking..you will find most people will ignore it and just carry on talking about the programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a supermarket! Get over yourselves! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want one of those shopping lists...lol

I've just remembered that it was in the 90's that we used to go to the Savacentre (huge Sainsburys) a few miles away and would think of nothing of spending £150 a week on food.. I shudder at that now. That's a month shopping for me now...lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a complaint, they didn't have chip and pin in the 90's..he should have paid with a cheque not the card...lol
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rochelle pulling faces like someone has farted tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rochelle is still miserable in the 90's.