Comments

• Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    d123 wrote: »
    2 EE contract sims
    1 Orange OVP Virgin sim
    1 T-Mobile sim
    1 Dan and Phil sim (still will some credit on it)
    2 EE PAYG sims (the ones that came with £5 credit and 100MB a month data)

So, actually 7 unique sims to get a code with :D.

Someone's already said it's purely to EE customers and you have to be on contract. So you can get two and only two.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess they'll be charging the dead ones and handing them back out, I dont like the idea of that, hygiene issues....

watch out for door handles they are a known killer.
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    Someone's already said it's purely to EE customers and you have to be on contract. So you can get two and only two.

Don't know where you think you saw that, but you are wrong. It's any EE customer, and any EE PAYG customer who has had a live sim for at least 3 months.

You really shouldn't just believe what "someone's already said" without checking yourself ;).

It was even mentioned in this thread if you didn't want to go and check the EE release yourself.
    If you're using a PAYG SIM you need to be with them for at least 3 months before you're eligible.
  • Options
    belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's probably because the scheme hasn't even launched yet.

It even says on EE's website "When it's launched, customers will be able to text is for a code" (or words to that effect)...

It will be launched on the 16th April, so you can send the text next week.
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess they'll be charging the dead ones and handing them back out, I dont like the idea of that, hygiene issues....

Haha, do you not touch money?
  • Options
    Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nsewell wrote: »
    Haha, do you not touch money?

Touche
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promotion Now Live

Text POWER to 365 to receive a promotional code. Texts cost 35p. EE customers only. Pay As You Go customers must have been with EE for a minimum of 3 months.

http://ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/2015/04/02/ee-gives-power-to-the-people-a-free-power-bar-for-all-customers
  • Options
    ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, I thought I'd give EE five minutes into Thursday before sending the text, but no, they still think it's Wednesday. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Midnight is where the day begins :confused:

Haven't tried it yet might leave it till 9am I guess?! Perhaps EE clocks are still on GMT :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Midnight is where the day begins :confused:

Snip

Yes it's a convention kind of thing. Just had another go 12.10 Thursday, still :cry:
  • Options
    TheporterTheporter Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    It goes live at 8am
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yeah, 00:52 and it still appears to be Wednesday!!!
    EE's 4G rollout is so fast it has bent time itself!
    :)
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I just realised...
    My life has got to the point where the first thing I'm going to do in the morning is text POWER to 365!
    O M F G..... I need help or somebody just kill me now!!!
    Hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    It goes live an hour before stores open. i.e. 8am.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Sent he text 5 minutes ago, still no reply yet...
  • Options
    a4704a4704 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Sent he text 5 minutes ago, still no reply yet...

Sent mine at 8, still no reply after 40 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No reply here either, maybe its crashed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my code. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1 hour and counting....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got it! Took 1hr 6 mins. Be patient, people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I bet they're getting swamped....
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Mine worked 8.05.. Not been into collect it, but if it's anything like my usual encounter with my local store. They won't have stock.
  • Options
    TheporterTheporter Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    It's an 18 month contract and if you don't return it they will take a fiver from your account so not free

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE%20Power_terms%20and%20conditions_300315.pdf

When this agreement expires or terminates (for mobile or broadband customer this will happen automatically if you chose to cancel your agreement with us for mobile or broadband services), you must return the Power Bar to an EE store within 60 days. If you don’t you’ll have to pay a charge to compensate us for replacing the Power Bar. Currently this is £5. For mobile and broadband customers, this will be applied to your bill. If you’re not an existing customer, we’ll contact you using the information supplied to us when you joined EE Power and we’ll issue a bill for the cost of replacing the Power Bar that has not been returned
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Theporter wrote: »
    It's an 18 month contract and if you don't return it they will take a fiver from your account so not free

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/EE%20Power_terms%20and%20conditions_300315.pdf

It'll only be a contract if they make me aware of the terms and I agree to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theporter wrote: »

Interesting:
    A Power Bar is made available to you on a free to hire basis, under the terms of this
    agreement, for a maximum of 18 months. After 18 months, the Power Bar must be
    returned to EE and the Service will end.

At the end of your initial 18 month hire period, you may be entitled to enter into a new
    hire agreement but we reserve our right to refuse any hire request that you make

When this agreement expires or terminates (for mobile or broadband customer this will
    happen automatically if you chose to cancel your agreement with us for mobile or
    broadband services), you must return the Power Bar to an EE store within 60 days. If you
    don’t you’ll have to pay a charge to compensate us for replacing the Power Bar.
    Currently this is £5. For mobile and broadband customers, this will be applied to your
    bill. If you’re not an existing customer, we’ll contact you using the information supplied
    to us when you joined EE Power and we’ll issue a bill for the cost of replacing the Power
    Bar that has not been returned.

2.8 The Power Bar remains our property, you are responsible for making sure that the
    Power Bar is kept in good working condition and used properly whilst in your care.