• Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it was coming goodbye Sarah!
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    Do we really need that mournful music? It's like the sad bit of a Disney cartoon! :(:(
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh poor Sarah she has improved but just went a bit too far tonight. I do think John looked genuinely upset when he said her name
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Well I'm fed up with that decision, chocolate man is through and he can only cook chocolate puddings.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there's an obvious winner yet. Certainly no Dhruv.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you again for a lovely evening peeps!! See you next week for ze final!!!

Beetroots, samphire, jus and purees at the ready! :D

xx
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right decision, that egg thing looked awful, and very bizarre

Agreed.

Was it really meant to be that runny?
  • Options
    SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Mr Creosote want even the meanest judge. I forgot about S*itwell- what an obnoxious berk.

I always feel a fondness for John and Greg after the criticsround.
  • Options
    Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    he can only cook chocolate puddings.

Nowt wrong with that me lad! :p
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night all. Off to find an Octopus sandwich
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and you are just rude!

I'm not, I'm just telling you that your comment was rubbish and I explained why.
    Be clear, I'm not interested whether you like it or not.
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,511
    Forum Member
    Didn't expect Sarah to throw it like that
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm fed up with that decision, chocolate man is through and he can only cook chocolate puddings.

You will be more fed up when he wins or comes second to Simon.
    :D
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    You will be more fed up when he wins or comes second to Simon.
    :D

How can he win when he can only do one thing well. Surely the winner should be an all-rounder. I want Emma to win.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    I think Simon will win

Pretty sure Paul is out next and I still think Pete might just pop ahead of Tony and be the 3rd finalist.

Sarahs food did look horrible so no surprise she went. The critics were dickholes as usually. Why do they keep bringing back peter griffin all the time?
  • Options
    SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    I think Simon will win

Pretty sure Paul is out next and I still think Pete might just pop ahead of Tony and be the 3rd finalist.

Sarahs food did look horrible so no surprise she went. The critics were dickholes as usually. Why do they keep bringing back peter griffin all the time?

I think Emma is a strong contender as well.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony's "journey" (sorry) is reminding me somewhat of Luke's from last year.

Started unbelievably and came across pretty well.
    Began making mistakes but had already brainwashed John and Gregg into thinking he was the second coming.
    Had a couple of narrow squeaks that could just about be explained by others' mistakes and/or past performance.
    Became more irritating as mistakes were excused (not actually his fault but...)
    Would somehow manage to produce a decent dish just at the right time when numbers were dwindling and others faltered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Socha wrote: »

She will be final 3 for sure, but I think Simon will win it all.
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Just catching up ...........................Sitwell is making me>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:( there again he did think Pippa Middleton was a good cook
  • Options
    justannejustanne Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Simon will win

Who's Peter Griffin?
    Critics were Tracy McCloud, Charles Campion and William Sitwell.
  • Options
    justannejustanne Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Socha wrote: »

Agreed.

Emma and Simon have been my favourites from day one.
    Still not sure about Tony.
    Pete and Paul shouldn't even be there.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    justanne wrote: »
    Agreed.

Emma and Simon have been my favourites from day one.
    Still not sure about Tony.
    Pete and Paul shouldn't even be there.

whys that then when hes been very consistent.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I think Simon will win

reason being... whats with the the underrating and dislike of this guy. Hes had positive comments throughout hasnt really had one bad dish quite inventive cook. Cool guy, pleasant, looks a bit sad.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I was sad to see Sarah go but not surprised. Had the dish been executed perfectly I think it would have been a star, it was a good idea but I think she overcomplicated it a bit too much and went into panic mode.

Sitwell was awful tonight though, his whole reaction to Sarah's dish was so childish and pathetic. It was clearly meant as a posh version of boiled egg and soldiers, if he couldn't understand that then I don't know what planet he is on. He's clearly trying to portray himself as the joker critic and failing because he really isn't funny or endearing in any way, in my opinion anyway.

I've been a bit disappointed this year though. There's no one that I am really rooting for in the final now, I will just be happy as long as Paul doesn't win as I find him a bit smarmy and arrogant at times. It could be any of them though, I just wish they'd whittled the field down to three and not left it as 5.

PS Is anyone else really, really sick of Greg Wallace? Everytime he critiques the food I just find myself thinking 'Could you do any better?'. I think it's time another professional chef was brought in, I wouldn't even mind if they got rid of Torode as well as the whole thing is feeling a bit stale at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    justanne wrote: »
    Who's Peter Griffin?
    Critics were Tracy McCloud, Charles Campion and William Sitwell.

The one critic looks like Peter Griffin from family guy https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1328665251/peter-griffin_400x400.jpg
    masterquan wrote: »
    reason being... whats with the the underrating and dislike of this guy. Hes had positive comments throughout hasnt really had one bad dish quite inventive cook. Cool guy, pleasant, looks a bit sad.

Nothing against him at all, I never said I disliked him, just basing of what I posted earlier in the thread I think Pete makes final 4: -
    Might not mean anything, but anyone else notice in the intro video it shows someone putting something into a open oven and the hand is a mans with a tattoo on it, could this possible be the guy the other week who is into Japanese sort of food... think his name might have been Pete? Could it mean he gets far in the competition?

Pretty sure this shot they shown of Pete was when they was in Sweden, which looks like the final 4 go to so by elimination I think Paul is the next to go; unless Tony really messes up as I cant see either Emma or SImon going. I also found Paul is getting mixed comments now and the others are getting better comments. Unfortunately he looks like the weakest of the five left.