Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    It seems people aren't interested in my LBC Foamar postings so I will no longer highlight Martin's Foamar pages.

Sorry Chin, you seem to be the only one interested in designing and posting details of the mock-up images on the Foamar pages.

It used to be mildly interesting when you published the stats on the number of postings each of us had made to the thread, but the pictures are not that interesting.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    He's really that naive. If you have Dementia, you're hardly going to remember what day of the week it is, let alone alleged incidents from 20/30 years ago. SA thinks that it's a soft touch and that he's got away with going to court, the man is very ill!

Allen said that he'd twice interviewed the person in question and each time said person had been accompanied by a different young man. "Don't read anything into that though". Why mention it then, obviously you do think it means something. Allen really is a pillock.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    I bet SA will be fawning all over Hopkins on Sunday.

How predictable that man is.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    He's really that naive. If you have Dementia, you're hardly going to remember what day of the week it is, let alone alleged incidents from 20/30 years ago. SA thinks that it's a soft touch and that he's got away with going to court, the man is very ill!

I wish he'd stay away from serious issues, he clearly makes it up as he goes along and just makes no sense.

Me, like many don't give a stuff what Neil, Noreen or Kevin and the other sycophantic clique cases are up to this week. SA just wants attention and throws toys out a pram if he has any negativity. Money for old rope for SA and he's just pathetic now.

Steve is almost reverent, (sillily) in the way he speaks of Katie Hopkins. She's starting out Sunday on LBC. If all goes well, she could well leave SA's style of show/slot looking spare ultimately for replacement seeing as both share the same bitch-factor. If the listening figures rocket, would you prefer the prospect of the utterly offensive Hopkins taking over instead?
    Careful what you wish for. ;-)
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Hopkins latest column basically reveals her to be a fascist (or paid good money to pretend to be a fascist) http://www.sunnation.co.uk/hopkins-rescue-boats-id-use-gunships-to-stop-illegal-migrants/

Wonder if she'll be bringing that up on Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    Katie Hopkins latest column basically reveals her to be a fascist (or paid good money to pretend to be a fascist) http://www.sunnation.co.uk/hopkins-rescue-boats-id-use-gunships-to-stop-illegal-migrants/

Wonder if she'll be bringing that up on Sunday.

Either way, take it as guaranteed she's swopped her conscience - if she ever owned one - for a pay cheque instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Take my advice and listen to music ;-)

Good advice. OT. I'm listening to Bonnie Raitt.
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Excellent choice, Cayce. And now, it's the countdown to Nick Abbott, for an inimitably sideways look at current affairs. Happy days! :)
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like them, Chin. I think that just because people don't comment doesn't necessarily mean they're not interested. A sweeping statement, but I rather get the impression that people in general are getting a little jaded with internet social interaction. Especially with people they don't actually know. I suppose it is a slightly odd phenomenon. Plus…it's Spring, so maybe people are getting out for some much-missed fresh air and sunshine. Please excuse the rather serious response - I think the quality of your graphics is really good - maybe try other outlets as well?

Thanks for that Charlie, but I find the lack of interest overwhelming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent choice, Cayce. And now, it's the countdown to Nick Abbott, for an inimitably sideways look at current affairs. Happy days! :)

Yep, I might go with NA. Although he's not my cuppa of tea as a presenter, he's a bright man on the night, when in the right mood.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand what Foamar is, so therefore often don't understand the pics (but I do look at them).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do have a certain style, Chin. OT, but satirical magazines like Private Eye (for example) might be interested. You'll never know if you don't try. Ian Hislop is a very approachable chap. Assemble a well-presented portfolio of your best work and go for a chat. If you really believe in what you do (and why not?) pound the pavement and knock on doors. Believe me, it pays. Maybe then, you can make Martin's yacht look like a rowing boat. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve is almost reverent, (sillily) in the way he speaks of Katie Hopkins. She's starting out Sunday on LBC. If all goes well, she could well leave SA's style of show/slot looking spare ultimately for replacement seeing as both share the same bitch-factor. If the listening figures rocket, would you prefer the prospect of the utterly offensive Hopkins taking over instead?
    Careful what you wish for. ;-)

Anyone is an improvement on SA.
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything's better than NA, especially this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g3icSjnKHA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a higher profile than him. She sort of has less of a me, me, me persona compared to him, who always swings the subject back to him every time.

Anyone is an improvement on SA.
    Can't see her opting for the graveyard shift, unless it's just for a trial. She plays for higher stakes. Possibly take over from Bev?
    I also wonder if Mellor/Livingstone are on the wane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sterling is on!
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Sterling is on!
    Did you hear Sasha before the news? so funny :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught the tail end of Olly Mann and didn't hear Sasha. What happened?
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What the heck was she going on about? £40 a pop for children? :confused:

Ah, somebody's just called about it. Child allowance.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    Just caught the tail end of Olly Mann and didn't hear Sasha. What happened?
    before the 10:30 news headlines. She was really angry with one of the women last night over something she said about £40 a child and then started shouting at Nick and said he wasn't listening to her again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't see her opting for the graveyard shift, unless it's just for a trial. She plays for higher stakes. Possibly take over from Bev?
    I also wonder if Mellor/Livingstone are on the wane.

You posted after I edited.

She'd take on a regular slot I reckon and they'll try and persuade her to an early morning slot, so she can do TV work in the day. SA has to be on the retirement hit list at Global soon, surely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    before the 10:30 news headlines. She was really angry with one of the women last night over something she said about £40 a child and then started shouting at Nick and said he wasn't listening to her again.
    Ah OK - thanks, Connor. Yeah, 40 quid a child, but they'd only go and squander it on shandy and stuff...
  • Options
    makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member

I like them, too, Chin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She'd take on a regular slot I reckon and they'll try and persuade her to an early morning slot, so she can do TV work in the day. SA has to be on the retirement hit list at Global soon, surely.
    Imo this should have happened years ago. He's running on empty. He should be paid off and put out to pasture. This might seem cruel, but it's the way of the world. He could still write columns, blogs and so on. Especially with the contacts he has, which are impressive.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She has to get her kids to school on weekdays. I doubt if she's so desperate for work that she'd get up at 3am to do Steve's hours. And, apart from being outspoken, their targets are very different.
This discussion has been closed.