Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    curlyhairrockscurlyhairrocks Posts: 10,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay for a good stunt! I can't see them killing off Chas or Robert, they are very popular characters and main ones and Aaron has been through enough already!

As others have said it usually results in getting rid of the deadwood and the only times big characters die is if the actor has decided they don't want to renew their contract.

I think one of them has to be in danger and if it were Aaron it would be great to see Robert desperate to save him with all of his family wondering why he is determined to save Aaron.
  • Options
    IslablueIslablue Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    It's in the sun today the big summer story will be a big massive stunt/disaster, explosion, fire... or whatever that will kill several characters after the show decided on a cast cull. Robert and Chas are the favourites with the bookies to be killed off....along with Marlon and Debbie.

I think this is rubbish...not that there will be a disaster that kills lots of characters off, just that those are the characters that will go. When a soap has a cast cull it gets rid of its dead wood and less useful characters, not some of their biggest and most popular characters, which all those characters are.

Secondly, yes, the show is really going to kill off Aaron's love interest (again!) and his Mother...oh and 2 other members of his family. All in one go. The lad would have a bloody nervous breakdown!:o (if he hasn't already)

Also Debbie dying would mean yet again someone Ross likes/loves being killed.

Really doubt the characters that are the bookies faves for the chop will be the ones.

Thanks for the info. This has made me sad. I've got into a bit of a 'oh no not Ryan!!!' meltdown!!! I'm sure you're right in that they won't just bump off lots of favourite cast members but I can't help feel that some big and loveable (to the viewers) villagers may go. If they killed off just the dead wood no me would really care and it the disaster wouldn't have the same impact. Urghh I'm a bit worried about this. If a certain person/couple we all like were killed off would we know about it in advance do you think? I know actors can't give the plot away but would it get leaked or would we notice they were no longer filming (seeing as they film 6 or so weeks in advance)?
  • Options
    FhionnuisceFhionnuisce Posts: 6,720
    Forum Member
    It's in the sun today the big summer story will be a big massive stunt/disaster, explosion, fire... or whatever that will kill several characters after the show decided on a cast cull. Robert and Chas are the favourites with the bookies to be killed off....along with Marlon and Debbie.

I think this is rubbish...not that there will be a disaster that kills lots of characters off, just that those are the characters that will go. When a soap has a cast cull it gets rid of its dead wood and less useful characters, not some of their biggest and most popular characters, which all those characters are.

Secondly, yes, the show is really going to kill off Aaron's love interest (again!) and his Mother...oh and 2 other members of his family. All in one go. The lad would have a bloody nervous breakdown!:o (if he hasn't already)

Also Debbie dying would mean yet again someone Ross likes/loves being killed.

Really doubt the characters that are the bookies faves for the chop will be the ones.

Didn't it say on DS somewhere that the lady whose been in it longest I think she's called Betty is leaving, so that's one person going and it could just be some people just want to retire but the producers quietly put out names of the popular characters just to get people talking and worried and also so more people are watching. Suppose it's also possible that one of the actresses wants to have a baby but unless Ryan actually wants to go I can't believe they'd get rid of him at this point. I think it could be more likely that he is injured or perhaps it's both Aaron and Chrissie that are hurt and Robet has to make the big dramatic choice. Of course it better be the right one :)
  • Options
    evomad1evomad1 Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't it say on DS somewhere that the lady whose been in it longest I think she's called Betty is leaving, so that's one person going and it could just be some people just want to retire but the producers quietly put out names of the popular characters just to get people talking and worried and also so more people are watching. Suppose it's also possible that one of the actresses wants to have a baby but unless Ryan actually wants to go I can't believe they'd get rid of him at this point. I think it could be more likely that he is injured or perhaps it's both Aaron and Chrissie that are hurt and Robet has to make the big dramatic choice. Of course it better be the right one :)

Robert could choose to save Aaron, Chrissie sees but dies, the guilt then keeps them apart.
    Imagine Robert being the sole guardian of Lachlan:o:o, he would have HF life, the status but not his man .... not yet anyway :D:D
  • Options
    RobronicRobronic Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a feeling that Andy might be the "big" character they kill off you know. Didn't someone say the other day he's been off for a couple of months? And let's face it, where exactly can they take his character next? Plus, Kelvin has other commitments (e.g. The car racing stuff) which he's really passionate about. If this were the case, it could lead onto big storylines for Victoria (who never really gets the big storyline) & of course it would also affect Robert. Of course Kelvin might not be planning on leaving, but I've just got an inkling...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm unsure about this one, but one thing I am certain on is that neither Robert or Chas will be killed off. They are both really popular characters that contribute so much to ED and neither of them have seemed to suggest that they want to leave either. I'm still worried though, as someone pointed out it wouldn't be as dramatic if the dull/pointless characters were killed off. I also reckon Emma will have something to do with it as she definitely has a screw loose. James is most likely going to be killed off soon, just seems to be heading that way. Not sure who else could be killed off, I think there will be a huge twist :o:o
  • Options
    Binky321Binky321 Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These rumors are a bit worrying tbh I'm very concerned this could be the end of Robert/Ryan although I hope not but that's my fear either from being killed or being somehow responsible for what ever happens. :(

There are a few characters that have become stale it's plausible to see some of the Dingle's go like Lisa,Zak,Belle & I could see Andy going and Pete once it comes out about Debbie & Ross I can't see what they can do with these characters now & James too and a few other contenders.

I saw one of Emmerdale's big directors who has been on Hollyoaks as of late tweeted Danny he's coming back to help with the big Emotional scenes the other day so I think Aaron will be affected if it's linked with this drama
    (https://twitter.com/timomara_tim/status/588815980840800257)
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Binky321 wrote: »
    These rumors are a bit worrying tbh I'm very concerned this could be the end of Robert/Ryan although I hope not but that's my fear either from being killed or being somehow responsible for what ever happens. :(

There are a few characters that have become stale it's plausible to see some of the Dingle's go like Lisa,Zak,Belle & I could see Andy going and Pete once it comes out about Debbie & Ross I can't see what they can do with these characters now & James too and a few other contenders.

I saw one of Emmerdale's big directors who has been on Hollyoaks as of late tweeted Danny he's coming back to help with the big Emotional scenes the other day so I think Aaron will be affected if it's linked with this drama

I took that as a joke cus Danny is known for being brilliant at those scenes anyway. directors don't come to help actors perform certain scene, they just direct episodes.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Robronic wrote: »
    I've got a feeling that Andy might be the "big" character they kill off you know. Didn't someone say the other day he's been off for a couple of months? And let's face it, where exactly can they take his character next? Plus, Kelvin has other commitments (e.g. The car racing stuff) which he's really passionate about. If this were the case, it could lead onto big storylines for Victoria (who never really gets the big storyline) & of course it would also affect Robert. Of course Kelvin might not be planning on leaving, but I've just got an inkling...

Can't see Kelvin going myself - not out of choice and I doubt they'd axe him. Plus didn't he say he wasn't even sure he was in the big summer stuff? They wouldn't kill him off without the big Katie death reveal which isn't even on the cards yet but the sounds of it.
  • Options
    AmyEWrightAmyEWright Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the theories about this disaster being the reason the affair comes out Aaron/Robert concerned for the other one who is hurt but what about this:

Robert chooses Aaron, leaves Chrissie and moves into the woolpack. Lawrence gets revenge on both boys and their families by setting fire to the woolpack. Chas and Diane are the owners and Robron would be staying there at the time. It could be staged that Andy, Vic and Paddy are in there too for ultimate revenge.

but I don't think any of the characters I've mentioned will die. If they want to get rid of some cast stick them in the pub while this is going on Spencers, Sharmas etc.
  • Options
    IslablueIslablue Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binky321 wrote: »

Yes my concern too :-( I'm so not ready for Ryan to go yet and from his last interview I don't think he is either! Hope, hope, hope it's not him.
  • Options
    AmyEWrightAmyEWright Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can't kill Robert off before Katie reveal anyway and I think summer is more about the affair than Katie plus if they were going to kill Robert (it would be a terrible decision) a who killed Robert? Story would be much better think how long the suspect list would be.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soap squawk have an article on it too.

http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/are-emmerdale-bosses-planning-a-bloodbath.php#results

Only a few people at senior level know about it but magically a source has been told ;-).

It's hilarious the source has told the sun definite plans but then at the same time "there's been loads of speculation". If this source is in the know then it wouldn't be speculation....
  • Options
    RobronicRobronic Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the only person for certain who is definitely not getting killed is Priya, as Fiona has just signed a new contract.

How many are we going for then? I'm going for 11.

I'm going to go: Debbie, Belle, Ali, Ruby, Dan, Pete, James, Jimmy, Lawrence, Zak, Lisa.

I did mention about Andy earlier, but now somebody's mentioned about the Katie reveal still to come, probably right in saying he won't be killed off.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Robronic wrote: »
    Well the only person for certain who is definitely not getting killed is Priya, as Fiona has just signed a new contract.

How many are we going for then? I'm going for 11.

I'm going to go: Debbie, Belle, Ali, Ruby, Dan, Pete, James, Jimmy, Lawrence, Zak, Lisa.

I did mention about Andy earlier, but now somebody's mentioned about the Katie reveal still to come, probably right in saying he won't be killed off.

Nowhere near that many. 3 or 4 at the very most.
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Can't see it being Andy, bit harsh to have Roberts mam, dad, step mother and brother all killed - and people think aaron losing his boyfriend and his mum is unfair :D
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowhere near that many. 3 or 4 at the very most.

Yeah that would be about the most I could see and even then I'd think 4 would be pushing it as there would be other injuries and implications to consider.
    spimf wrote: »
    Can't see it being Andy, bit harsh to have Roberts mam, dad, step mother and brother all killed - and people think aaron losing his boyfriend and his mum is unfair :D

I know. Least Aaron still has parents..... Robert's were all dead before he was 25.

I'm just not sure they will go down a fire/explosion route as CS have one of those in about 6 weeks...... KO and SB have a close relationship so I don't see them copying stories.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,637
    Forum Member
    The only reason why Robert is the favourite is because Ryan confirmed Robert would essentially be at the heart of all the drama....
  • Options
    evomad1evomad1 Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason why Robert is the favourite is because Ryan confirmed Robert would essentially be at the heart of all the drama....

hopefully this means he is the reason it all kicks off.... but survives to suffer the conseuquences.... (or reap the benefits:D:D:D)
  • Options
    LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be a fire or something as the Emmerdale twitter emphasised that whatever it is will be HOT (in the roasting sense of the word lol) and I think that was a hint
  • Options
    Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member

So it is probably because of the reveal :)

Lawrence Will be involved And maybe killed off:)
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone stated on the main thread that they could see Emma starting a fire in the Woolpack and with the way Emma is behaving I could see something like this happening. However I could also see it being something to do with Donny and these gangsters as articles did state that they would prove very dangerous for the whole White family. Soon see if that is the case after next week pans out with Chrissie attempting to get Donny out of her life.
  • Options
    Partygirl1Partygirl1 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting about the big event. I don't think anything will happen to Robert or Aaron before a big reveal. Though how soapy would it be for Robert to realise Aaron is who he truly wants and then something happen to him or Aaron. I hope Robert doesn't start a fire he did torch Katie and Andy caravan. His Mum died in a fire......
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I'm not gonna worry about the big summer stuff quite yet... it seems we have enough to worry about at the moment without thinking that far ahead :p
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as something is happening around July 14th I am fine ;):D

Purely selfish reasons there:blush:
This discussion has been closed.