Options

This just gets more and more stupid (Coronation Street)

grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Callum and his camp crew terrorising the village.

The acting is incredibly poor and is just pathetic it's uncomfortable to watch because of how crap it is. I hope this storyline will end really soon, it was a incredibly poor excuse for Kylie just to up and leave her two children one who has ADHD which has suddenly been forgotten.

It's so crap and I can't stand to watch it.

Comments

• Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even bother to tune in. The scenes actually looked truly embarrassing!
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its woeful. Callum is just not convincing as a hard man!
    And as for his skanky 'crew'...
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Terrible, terrible episodes tonight. David/Callum/Andy scenes are painful.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,974
    Forum Member
    And a bit of research might not go amiss, which would tell them that the minimum age for a child to drink alcohol at home is 5.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh now Callum and the two munchkins have kidnapped David when David could have escaped. It still gets worse and worse.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    An episode of Children's Ward is grittier than this carp.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic, mind-numbing, depressing. WTF has happened to this programme?!

Never a truer word written. :D
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

An episode of Andy Pandy would have been grittier than that. It was painful to watch. Callum and his skank crew, oh give me strength
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I sat through that crap.....I think that's got to be the worst episodes ever. It's just not Coronation Street as it used to be, totally unconvincing and awful shit acting >:(
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah proper gritty stuff with Callum and his little crew, corrie's going for gold
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie must be soon about to return and that will be the end of this Callum custody nonsense
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coronation street is now beyond parody..

Its only worth watching for a laugh..
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was embarrassing.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Hahaha it was pathetic, corrie have lost the plot
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was soo Stupid tonight. Callum and his joke of a gang
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Callum/David/Max/Michael/Gail/notGavin storyline is so convoluted and has been going on for months. It's been going round and round for so long it's disappeared up its own backside :D
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was more laughing at the fact David got kicked by that skanky girl & was in pain! But Callum & his skank crew, particularly the bloke, act like pathetic school bullies, & even they are more convincing than this lot.
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I didn't even bother to tune in. The scenes actually looked truly embarrassing!

I did tune in and those scenes were truly embarrassing!:D:(

The main soaps are so poor now!:(
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the worst thing was that Callum's female goon was more terrorising than he was
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did tune in and those scenes were truly embarrassing!:D:(

The main soaps are so poor now!:(

I agree:(.

Emmerdale is very consistent, but can be ridiculous and so OTT at times.

Corrie can be good, but is mainly awful under Stuart Blackburn.

EastEnders is better under DTC, and effort is put in, but not enough, and these past 2 months have been awful (As from LIVE week, bar a few episodes). However, when it's good, it's brilliant IMO!

The fact of the matter is, all 3 were an absolute joy to watch about a decade ago, or even 5 years ago. Every single episode was a delight! I miss them days!:(.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I agree:(.

Emmerdale is very consistent, but can be ridiculous and so OTT at times.

Corrie can be good, but is mainly awful under Stuart Blackburn.

EastEnders is better under DTC, and effort is put in, but not enough, and these past 2 months have been awful (As from LIVE week, bar a few episodes). However, when it's good, it's brilliant IMO!

The fact of the matter is, all 3 were an absolute joy to watch about a decade ago, or even 5 years ago. Every single episode was a delight! I miss them days!:(.

Weirdly enough, I find Emmerdale the best soap at the minute. EastEnders follows & Corrie just trudges on behind, which is a great shame because when Corrie is at it's be set it is amazing! Even when it was under sensationalist Phil Collinson it was amazing!
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully any day now, Vera Duckworth will walk into her bathroom and find Jack in the shower just before she tells him about the fecking awful dream she's just had.... the past decade in case you're wondering;-)
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful. Can't stand Callum, Macca or Gemma. The sooner all three of them leave our screen the better. Hurry back Kylie (Platt)
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    Hopefully any day now, Vera Duckworth will walk into her bathroom and find Jack in the shower just before she tells him about the fecking awful dream she's just had.... the past decade in case you're wondering;-)

Imho, the show has been in a slow, but steady decline since the fantastic Richard Hillman was killed off. That was the last really great era for me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imho, the show has been in a slow, but steady decline since the fantastic Richard Hillman was killed off. That was the last really great era for me!

And that was 12 years ago!

It's had it highs since then though, from a few moments in 2009 right up until early 2014, then it has just plummeted significantly.