Options

Cameron doesn't know what the Living Wage is

BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
Forum Member
Did anyone listen to David Cameron's interview on BBC Newsbeat? Massive car crash as it turns out he had no idea what the living wage was in this country. :eek: I expected the Prime Minister to be better informed to be honest. Disappointing.

Labour knocked up a clip of the moment here.

The whole interview was an absolute grilling actually. The toughest he's done. Audience members asking questions and not the softly softly ones he got with Kay Burley. I can see why he avoids them usually.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Here's the full interview: https://m.soundcloud.com/bbc-newsbeat/ask-the-leaders-david-cameron-in-the-live-lounge

Can't find the video version online.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lefty BBC trap :D
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Why would he, never done a days work in his life, like many MP's.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Why would he, never done a days work in his life, like many MP's.

Other than his seven year career at Carlton Television.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC accused of left wing ambush on Cameron: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11556421/BBC-accused-of-left-wing-ambush-on-David-Cameron-over-hostile-Radio-1-interview.html Tories considering launching formal complaint.

Cameron when told he won't get a majority:
    But Mr Smith interjected saying Mr Cameron would have to form one, as he would not win a majority.

A clearly irritated Mr Cameron responded: "You keep saying so, you seem to know the outcome of the election. How do you know who wins? Have you got some God-given right to declare what the election [result] is?"

Pretty damn rich considering how he's been carrying on about Labour/SNP!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Please.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a busted flush.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Please.

It's about as near a real job as you'll find in the HoC other than the odd ex-postman.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Recruited on the recommendation of his then girl friends mother and working for Michael Green...no not the Grant Shapps Michael Green...the real Michael Green..
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is losing it big time. Obviously he cannot cope when under pressure. Amazingly in contrast to what we always were led to believe he was.
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The audience looked pretty biased, but then the younger generation do tend to lean towards the left in terms of politics and shift right as they get older.

Wasn't impressed at all with the person running it (Chris Smith?), he clearly had an agenda and kept interrupting.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    Wasn't impressed at all with the person running it (Chris Smith?), he clearly had an agenda and kept interrupting.

The agenda being to hold the current PM, and man applying to keep being the PM, to account and not give him an easy ride.

It's a shame some people cannot respect the democratic process when it comes to their own getting a tough line of questioning. The Tory reaction to this interview reminds me of the Nationalists reaction to Alex Salmond being expected to answer the actual questions posed by Nick Robinson. I wonder if the Tory supporters will march on the BBC and demand heads roll for this treason! :o
  • Options
    SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    The agenda being to hold the current PM, and man applying to keep being the PM, to account and not give him an easy ride.

It's a shame some people cannot respect the democratic process when it comes to their own getting a tough line of questioning. The Tory reaction to this interview reminds me of the Nationalists reaction to Alex Salmond being expected to answer the actual questions posed by Nick Robinson. I wonder if the Tory supporters will march on the BBC and demand heads roll for this treason! :o

So he was fair and impartial when he offered Cameron a £1,000 bet that he wouldn't win a majority?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the Tories are going to act as if they definitely won't need any coalition partners, then it's reasonable to challenge them on it.

Does anyone think the Tories (or Labour) will win an outright majority?

Do you complain about the media replaying clips of Cameron predicting chaos with a Labour minority government?
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    The audience looked pretty biased, but then the younger generation do tend to lean towards the left in terms of politics and shift right as they get older.

How could the audience look pretty biased when it's on the radio ? :confused:

It was on the radio wasn't it ?
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    He's a busted flush.

Being overweight and the stress is probably making Cameron look more red faced than usual.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    If the Tories are going to act as if they definitely won't need any coalition partners, then it's reasonable to challenge them on it.

Does anyone think the Tories (or Labour) will win an outright majority?

Do you complain about the media replaying clips of Cameron predicting chaos with a Labour minority government?

But Cameron, and any other person, are entitled to warn the public about chaos that could (and likely will) ensue with a minority Labour Government. cameron didn't attack Miliband, just the scenario. No. I wouldn't complain, nor would I complain if the show was on the other foot and miliband was warning about the chaos a Tory minority might ensue.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard it, Cameron was lucky if he managed to complete a sentence before the person asking him the question or the presenter (!) Interrupted him and started tearing into him.

I like Chris Smith as Greg James' sidekick but I thought he was appalling as a mediator and very clearly had an agenda. Very aggressive.

Then again I guess we'll see if they reserve the same treatment for Ed Millliband on Friday?
  • Options
    Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    He's a busted flush.

They closed your thread on that, but the one calling Labour SICK is still going?
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The right wing press will brush it under the carpet.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    They closed your thread on that, but the one calling Labour SICK is still going?

The Labour SICK thread isn't about, or personally attacking one individual. If there was an equally demeaning thread about Miliband, that too would rightly get closed down.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Cameron would have been best served not agreeing to the interview in the first place.

He surely would've know he'd be in for a rough ride from a bunch of idealistic young adults.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    But Cameron, and any other person, are entitled to warn the public about chaos that could (and likely will) ensue with a minority Labour Government. cameron didn't attack Miliband, just the scenario. No. I wouldn't complain, nor would I complain if the show was on the other foot and miliband was warning about the chaos a Tory minority might ensue.

You are missing the point. If you are so sure that chaos will occur with a minority Labour government, why do you think it's OK for Cameron to ignore questions about a minority Conservative government?

Why would a minority Labour government lead to more chaos than a minority Conservative one? And if Cameron has a good answer for that, he should give it, not dodge it.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No wonder he bottled the 1 2 1 with Miliband
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The right wing press will brush it under the carpet.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=77794825&postcount=1
This discussion has been closed.