FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could chum the water with it and have shark
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    pauljaw wrote: »
    This is an entertainment show made for TV. A creature was killed for a reality show.

Are you a vegie?
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are they going to stop the rest of the meat going off in the heat
    Oh dear it seems they couldn't!
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they could have smoked it But building a smoke house like they did on the castle
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is an entertainment show made for TV. A creature was killed for a reality show.

It was still killed for food and not to make handbags or whatever. Do you object to them hunting and killing fish for food?
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they could have smoked it But building a smoke house like they did on the castle

No time. the heat on the island meant that the meat went off very quickly. They might think about doing so if they go hunting for a croc again so can be prepared
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And then eaten, same as any meat.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Are you a vegie?

Here's one for you...

How do you know if someone's a vegetarian? Don't worry, they'll tell you...
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    It was still killed for food and not to make handbags or whatever. Do you object to them hunting and killing fish for food?

The premise is that if they were not making this show, then no caiman would have been killed.

You are trying to argue the food angle like it's a necessity when in fact making this programme is not a necessity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    The men's island is SO boring compared to the women's. Having to fill about a third of the episode up with talk about going for a s**t? And the guy who doesn't stop talking is unbelievably grating.
  • Options
    pauljawpauljaw Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a protected species. Killed for an entertainment reality show.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3049924/Bear-Grylls-latest-survival-Island-fire-starving-contestants-hunted-killed-endangered-crocodile.html
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    The premise is that if they were not making this show, then no caiman would have been killed.

You are trying to argue the food angle like it's a necessity when in fact making this programme is not a necessity.

If you don't go on holiday to Spain for example, where you eat in a restaurant, effectively no animal will be killed to put the food on your plate.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Hey ho $hit happens.

I won't be clicking any DM links.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the last 10 minutes or so of that when they found the Croc right up to the titles, sat here with a permagrin.
  • Options
    pauljawpauljaw Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey ho $hit happens.

I won't be clicking any DM links.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the last 10 minutes or so of that when they found the Croc right up to the titles, sat here with a permagrin.

Good, it was all worth it then! All to put a big grin on your face.

That's reality TV for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not that I actually said that, but keep going you won't find a reverse gear here.
  • Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe this program is not the sort of thing you should be watching? A survival program is always going to be about surviving! Whatever the costs.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a protected species. Killed for an entertainment reality show.
    But how were they to know it was protected? Entertainment show or not, they were actually hungry, not acting, and if you are that hungry you will eat anything edible you find.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allafix wrote: »
    But how were they to know it was protected? Entertainment show or not, they were actually hungry, not acting, and if you are that hungry you will eat anything edible you find.

It's been replaced according to the Independent.
    On the upside they can't accuse Bear of planting it or drugging it so it was easier for them to catch.
    Secondary upside it's improved the data on where the American Crocodile lives, apparently the experts told Bear that there weren't any American Crocodiles on the Island.

Agouti should be next on the list if they find them.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't cure the meat with salt - they could have got it from boiled seawater and then they wouldn't have had to waste so much.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't they have made jerky out of the meat like they did in that other series 10,000 BC?
    Then it's dried out and they can store it.
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't they have made jerky out of the meat like they did in that other series 10,000 BC?
    Then it's dried out and they can store it.

Temperature was cold on that show. Not hot.

Looks like women are going to find pigs and probably not kill for food then!
  • Options
    TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not watch the show last night and will not watch anything that idiot Grylls has anything to do with!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-island-with-bear-grylls-under-fire-after-male-contestants-kill-and-eat-rare-crocodile-10195544.html
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not watch the show last night and will not watch anything that idiot Grylls has anything to do with!

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-island-with-bear-grylls-under-fire-after-male-contestants-kill-and-eat-rare-crocodile-10195544.html

I'd kill a golden horned unicorn if I was hungry enough. It was a crocodile on some deserted island.
  • Options
    fuzzybintfuzzybint Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd kill a golden horned unicorn if I was hungry enough. It was a crocodile on some deserted island.

Not to mention the men didn't have the faintest idea they were killing anything other than what they'd been told they could...