✭✭✭
First Quentin, now Robert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBwaO-rAsE

Ah Krishnan, Krishnan, Krishnan :D

Comments

• Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Concentrating on the positives, at least he didn't walk into a mosque and racially shit-stir using his lying teeth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know, good for him. He was there to promote a movie but channel 4 are all about the lowest form of gutter journalism these days and are obsessed with the sleazy side of life so probably couldn't be decent about anyone/anything if their lives depended on it. They had no business asking him anything about his personal life but this is a station now controlled by a woman who bragged about how delighted she was to join them because like to "punch authority on the nose". What an embarrassment to broadcasting they are.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »

He's the new Martin Bashir. >:(
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the camera man's face when he turns and looks at CGM as Downey walks out. It perfectly conveys 'what a tw*t' (that's Downey), no words necessary. The awkward moments in gif form, camera man is the last one.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/04/22/robert-downey-jr/
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the new Martin Bashir. >:(
    He learned from the best :D
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really come to despise CH4 and everything it now stands for.

It's apparently not obvious to those with the authority to dismiss the CH4 executive that these people are running the reputation of CH4 into the ground.

CH4 News is just a trolling operation these days.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. Someone doesn't gush over the new film and massage the Downey ego so he throws his toys out the pram and stomps off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    Oh dear. Someone doesn't gush over the new film and massage the Downey ego so he throws his toys out the pram and stomps off.

It's not about the film at all. It's about the fact that he was there to promote a film and the interviewer tried to pry into his personal business. Would you be pleased in Downey's position?
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I were him I'd welcome any change from the boring and repetitive questions asked by journalist after journalist at these junkets you are obliged to attend in order to promote your latest very average movie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Krishnan Guru-Murphy is the problem here. He still seems to be under the impression that he's a hard hitting investigative journalist. He's there to ask film stars their favourite colours. If he's not careful celebs will refuse to talk to him and he'll be out of a job.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,080
    Forum Member
    CGM behaved like an ass there. You could almost see the glee at at the response he was trying to provoke before he got it. Serious journalist? Not in that interview.

RDJ tried to stop that line of questioning and was clearly anxious/livid at what he knew was coming, I wouldn't blamed him if he'd walked out sooner.
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    It's not about the film at all. It's about the fact that he was there to promote a film and the interviewer tried to pry into his personal business. Would you be pleased in Downey's position?

It wouldn't bother me to be honest, he should be proud of the way he's managed to pull himself together.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »

Our British media are disgraceful. They don't care about anybody's feelings when they interview people, or write stories about them.

Just look at the emotion in Robert's eyes.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an interesting KGM interview with Richard Ayoade it seems though I haven't watched the clip yet
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Krishnan's I don't want to pry but. . .I will do it anyway.:(

What did Robert say to him after the mike was removed?

And what were those things on Krishnan's tie?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »
    And Krishnan's I don't want to pry but. . .I will do it anyway.:(

What did Robert say to him after the mike was removed?

It's just getting a little Diane Sawyer in here."
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wouldn't do that on Howard Stern if Howard asked him that.

Says it all. Easy to bully around the small time British C4 reporter.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,359
    Forum Member

:confused: It's a press junket not a quote unquote serious interview. Neither the time nor the place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup.

These celebrities are so use to getting told how great they are that they are too sensitive to anything else. But it is OK for them to use their so-called "private lives" for when it suits.. ok.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    He wouldn't do that on Howard Stern if Howard asked him that.

Says it all. Easy to bully around the small time British C4 reporter.

That's a completely different scenario though. Nobody goes on Stern's show expecting to just talk about work and if they do, they clearly know nothing about him.

I don't see how RDJ is at fault here. He wanted to talk about the movie, not his personal life. If he wanted to do both, he'd be on Stern's show again.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Yup.

These celebrities are so use to getting told how great they are that they are too sensitive to anything else. But it is OK for them to use their so-called "private lives" for when it suits.. ok.

Well... yes. Everyone has the right to not talk about a personal subject when they don't want to. Why do some people seem to think that celebrities owe them something :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Well... yes. Everyone has the right to not talk about a personal subject when they don't want to. Why do some people seem to think that celebrities owe them something :confused:

Because they can't use their private life when it suits and then complain when it is used by the press.. everyone knows that.

I mean would it have killed RDJ to just answer the question? I mean what is the worst that could come from it? all the interviewer wanted was for him to clarify comments he made.. which he was happy to do at that time. I don't think it was unreasonable. Couldn't he have just said "i don't want to talk about that, let's move on" until the time was up? they had 3 minutes left (the PR girl said) so it wouldn't of killed him.. getting up and walking out like a petulant school kid made RDJ look bad - and the interviewer got a reaction and world headlines because of it so RDJ lost..

Just think these celebrities need a reality check and there lives are not hard, they can be a bit more controlled.
  • Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KGM is a poor excuse for a journalist, he's a C4 newsreader who likes to antagonize Hollywood types, would he rake up the drug past of Mick Jagger or Paul McCartney if they had a film out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These "Hollywood types" shouldn't go on his show then. Plenty of other ways to promote their movie in the UK in a cushy buddy type interview where the interviewers will gush over them and the movie to massage their egos.

C4 should be known by now by these Hollywood types (or should be advised) unless they live under a rock.. they don't like up em'!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    KGM was the embarrassing one here, his reaction was cringey.