Options

The thread of regret

Comments

• Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing.

Being a member of the rugby team and also being the best at art in all your schools and Uni (Lord of the Flies) and suffering depression did not mean there was something wrong with you.

Have you ever seen OZ?

Brains.

Catholic schools.

So that when all the cowards ganged up - all you has to do was wait - until they were on their - then you could **** them up on your own.

Oh and my Grandad and Grandma- (war heroes) I wanted to say goodbye properly - but I never got the chance.

Wishful thinking when drunk. :p
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    Life is a series of choices, you might "regret" something you did or didn't do, but if you had chosen an alternative course there would have been no guarantee of a better future than the one you have now.

This is dangerously close to life is like a box of chocolates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    This is dangerously close to life is like a box of chocolates.

Bloody awful film in my opinion. :D
  • Options
    fastzombiefastzombie Posts: 10,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regret not walking away from two long term relationships when I realised something was wrong.

Regret being guilt ripped all my life into doing things, accepting things, putting up with things, I really shouldn't have had to.

Regret the times I've been a c**t to people.

Regret worrying so much about the opinions of those who'se opinion really doesn't matter.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always regret not taking advantage of the virtually free university education back in the 80s.Leaving home at 18 and.going to university in another part of the country like most of my mates did.Many never to return.

But instead Is screwed up my A levels,did nothing to rectify it and ended up in a dead end job.

But life moved on.The grass is always greener on the other side.

I sorted out work eventually.And if I had moved away I would never have met my fantastic partner I have been living with for the past 27 happy years.

When one door shuts another one opens etc
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regrets, i've had a few
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regrets, i've had a few

But then again, too few to mention.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I regret........reading this thread!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted.

Did you regret your post? :D
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only one....coming here to this flat because of the large windows! Big regret of my life! Pity there was no one to give advice.:(
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Trusting people
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many if onlys... but if I really had chance to start again, I don't know if I'd do anything differently. Given the same genes and the same upbringing, I'd be the same person and no doubt make the same daft decisions all over again. We're stuck with who we are, and the best we can do is try and learn from our experiences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    So many if onlys... but if I really had chance to start again, I don't know if I'd do anything differently. Given the same genes and the same upbringing, I'd be the same person and no doubt make the same daft decisions all over again. We're stuck with who we are, and the best we can do is try and learn from our experiences.

I bloody would - starting from the age of 12 onwards.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only two: marrying my ex and not learning to ride a motorbike before I got an ear problem that's affected my balance.
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I regret........reading this thread!
    Granted that it's a depressing thread (my own contribution included). But then again, some people make very depressing hashes of their existence.
  • Options
    azaleaazalea Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I regret working to hard and not making time for myself. i have missed out on having a life for nearly 15 years while I work my self into the ground nearly every day. I feel I have missed out on getting married and children and if it never happens I know I will regret it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bloody would - starting from the age of 12 onwards.

With the benefit of hindsight and what you have learned since. If you went back, though, you would be the same person you were then, so how could you act differently?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    azalea wrote: »
    I regret working to hard and not making time for myself. i have missed out on having a life for nearly 15 years while I work my self into the ground nearly every day. I feel I have missed out on getting married and children and if it never happens I know I will regret it.

What stops you from changing things and making more time for yourself?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    With the benefit of hindsight and what you have learned since. If you went back, though, you would be the same person you were then, so how could you act differently?

Well I suppose in this thread we do assume we have the magical benefit of hindsight before we made all of our mistakes.

Sadly of course you only get one shot at life.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    azalea wrote: »

Same as this, but I only managed five years before crashing into the ground.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I regret marrying my ex husband because of all his cheating, but then if I hadn't I wouldn't have met my now boyfriend.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Non, rien de rien,
    Non, je ne regrette rien.
  • Options
    Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother ducking.

The shoe I threw at him broke a window :blush:
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is very dark

An individual who targeted me with vileness, who was prosecuted for it moved next door after the restrainging order expired to inflict more vileness on me.

Tuesday a ambulance came to my door,vile individual had called them and not me...I did direct them to the right address..but I regret Im not evil..it was carma the sicko tried to get so close to me to cause me suffering that the ambos confussed our addreses