Options

Aunt Babe Theory

Comments

• Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Heathers father walked out on her and her mum when she was a child. Heather never had any contact with him after this point. What if Queenie and Babe killed him and disposed of the body?

Arrgghh not another murder! :o

Perhaps they sold a baby?
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,337
    Forum Member
    Arrgghh not another murder! :o

Perhaps they sold a baby?

Whose baby?
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Whose baby?

I have no idea?
    Princess Margarets lovechild that the Daily Mail used to report on?;-)
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Maybe they planned to kill the child and tell Shirley it had died, but something or someone stopped them.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I do wish people wouldn't attack Annette's looks because Babe is a nasty character. Annette is wonderful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Who is Queenie ?

Heather's mum was Queenie, is it same person ?
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Who is Queenie ?

Yes. Sylvie said the name Queenie Trott, so it's the same person.

Mick, Tina, Babe (and probably Sylvie too) are familiar with Heather so it makes sense that they're referring to her mum.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Who is Queenie ?

Apparently so, the actress who played her also played Hyacinth sister on Keeping Up Appearances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Yes. Sylvie said the name Queenie Trott, so it's the same person.

Mick, Tina, Babe (and probably Sylvie too) are familiar with Heather so it makes sense that they're referring to her mum.
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Apparently so, the actress who played her also played Hyacinth sister on Keeping Up Appearances.

thanks both :)
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,337
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »

She played Daisy in Keeping Up Appearances and was also in Santa Claus the movie. Hyacinth was played by Patricia Routledge who was also Hetty Wainthropp.

I always saw Geoffrey Hughes as being Heathers dad, he played Onslow husband to Daisy in KUA.
  • Options
    SoulStarDreamerSoulStarDreamer Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Heathers father walked out on her and her mum when she was a child. Heather never had any contact with him after this point. What if Queenie and Babe killed him and disposed of the body?

I was thinking the same thing. Or that maybe Babe was Heather's biological mother and Queenie took care of her (not legally adopting Heather).
  • Options
    UKLisaWUKLisaW Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I was thinking the same thing. Or that maybe Babe was Heather's biological mother and Queenie took care of her (not legally adopting Heather).

Even better, Heather could be one of twins, who was also "adopted" by a family friend, making way for a Cheryl Fergison return!
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvie said if the police had a dig around they'd soon see she was telling the truth (or words to that effect). So there must still be some evidence of whatever it was after all these years, which is making me think a body.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Yeah but if they did kill the baby they would of gone down for murder so to get another child to cover there back is a possibility im not saying I like the idea it was just an idea , what could they have done to be evil and a shock tho, they might of set up buster to go to prison like they did in hollyoaks with leela and cameron
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Maybe they planned to kill the child and tell Shirley it had died, but something or someone stopped them.

Interesting. It would make sense with Sylvie attempting to 'abort' Mick by throwing Shirley down the stairs. However I think it might be something completed unexpected - I hope we see a Queenie return!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She played Daisy in Keeping Up Appearances and was also in Santa Claus the movie. Hyacinth was played by Patricia Routledge who was also Hetty Wainthropp.

I always saw Geoffrey Hughes as being Heathers dad, he played Onslow husband to Daisy in KUA.

The post your 'correcting' said the actress played Hyacinth's sister so they were right.

It's a shame Geoffrey Hughes is no longer with us as I could see him in EE (I know he used to be in Corrie years ago so he shouldn't have had a problem appearing in a soap again I would have thought).
  • Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although we are assuming something went on at the caravan around the time Mick was born it could mean something went on for years there such as back street abortions as suggested.

I do not think it is murder as Cora made it clear she knows the secret - I am sure if it was so serious she would go to the police.

I do think it's some sort of abuse long term - perhaps involving Heather - perhaps they used to solicit her to perverts?
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they'll bring back Judy Cornwell for another brief spell for this storyline. Heather was constantly being treated like dirt by Queenie. Shirley hated her. This clip is quite funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=befZsVaWXjE
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    Although we are assuming something went on at the caravan around the time Mick was born it could mean something went on for years there such as back street abortions as suggested.

I do not think it is murder as Cora made it clear she knows the secret - I am sure if it was so serious she would go to the police.

I do think it's some sort of abuse long term - perhaps involving Heather - perhaps they used to solicit her to perverts?

I was thinking this, it would make sense as Heather certainly hinted she had a lot of issues which were never really explored. She was absolutely terrified of Queenie too, as I recall?
  • Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvie said Babe and Queenie did something evil in the caravan.

Caravan = chemical toilets. Perhaps they did something dirty in the chemical toilet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think Heather will involve heavily in what they did because Shirley would have known, surely? Heather wasn't the type to keep quiet and Shirley would have mentioned if Heather was at the caravan park, imo. Plus Stan also knew, as does Cora now. I dont think it is anything along the lines of child abuse, well not involving Heather anyway. But I do think it's going to be something dark, from what we have seen...

When do we find out?
  • Options
    Croc_odileCroc_odile Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I love Aunt Babe, she is my favourite EE villain for a long while.

I love her on-screen chemistry between her and Cora; trying to get one-up on each-other. Cora has now left (sadly).

It'll be good to get a new villain in EE - One who could be Aunt Babe's love child or something?

Anyhow the actress who plays Aunt Babe is fantastic and deserves an award at the TV Awards for best villain or actress.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it has something to do with Princess Di. .Babe likely claimed she found her on the side of the road and gave her to Linda and Mick. But Di found out the truth, killed Lucy because Lucy knew and both Sylvie and Babe have covered it up. Princess Di is a lot older than what we think. Her pregnancy was a cougar pregnancy, so EE got their first before Erica did on Corrie.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can't be murder or child abuse. If Cora knows the same secret, there is no way she wouldn't have shopped them to the police. She was happy to shop Max, so she wouldn't keep Babe's secret.

So it's got to be something more personal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    It can't be murder or child abuse. If Cora knows the same secret, there is no way she wouldn't have shopped them to the police. She was happy to shop Max, so she wouldn't keep Babe's secret.

So it's got to be something more personal.

I agree.