Options

This Carter sister stuff with Shirley and Tina.....

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
Wow, it's dull. And the blatant exposition is just so clunky and lazy.

Terrible stuff.

Comments

• Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like we've had a lot of these themed episodes recently. Once in a while is OK but it feels like I'm watching a string of A Level Drama submissions.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the Shirley/Tina stuff. I'd take more of that then mick/Shirley, mick/Linda,
    Mick/Dean stuff any day
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    It's the wallowing. So tiresome.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How thick am I? I never noticed until reading this thread that this episode focused on sisters.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How thick am I? I never noticed until reading this thread that this episode focused on sisters.
    Don't worry, I didn't make the connection until I came on here either. :blush:

I am so bored of Shirley. I hope she goes on another of her long holidays soon.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I loved it. The scenes between Shirley and Tina were a real treat and I really enjoyed them.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Tina moving in with Shirley? I know she misses her and wants to patch things up, but she's hardly a fan of Dean. I like Tina but she should stand by Mick.
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have no sympathy for Shirl. Sick of them trying to make her into a saint when she's done vile things recently. She's a fab actress :D
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't notice either.

Shirley and Tina definitely don't have the same chemistry as Ronnie and Roxy and I thought that was quite obvious in tonight's episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm glad that Tina is sticking by Shirley, I think they have great chemistry. Tina realized that Mick has his family - he has Linda, Lee, Nancy and Elaine whereas Shirley doesn't have anyone. Tina can see Shirley's vulnerability and and I'm pleased that they are united again. I don't think they are making Shirley into a saint at all, they are explaining the reasons why she is how she is, not condoning it. Usually people turn out a certain way for a reason and I am glad that we are finding out why Shirley acts and reacts how she does. :)
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the wallowing. So tiresome.

Yes, it is very tiring. But, I'd much rather watch Shirley & Tina, over the rest of the Carters any day of the week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    boring shite. Let someone else have a story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SteKoo wrote: »
    boring shite. Let someone else have a story.

There were three other stories going on in the episode...
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I'm glad that Tina is sticking by Shirley, I think they have great chemistry. Tina realized that Mick has his family - he has Linda, Lee, Nancy and Elaine whereas Shirley doesn't have anyone. Tina can see Shirley's vulnerability and and I'm pleased that they are united again. I don't think they are making Shirley into a saint at all, they are explaining the reasons why she is how she is, not condoning it. Usually people turn out a certain way for a reason and I am glad that we are finding out why Shirley acts and reacts how she does. :)

It's excellent stuff but it will provoke a reaction in those who long since decided Shirley is the devil incarnate. Shirley is bad because she bad and nothing will change mindsets.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    Why is Tina moving in with Shirley? I know she misses her and wants to patch things up, but she's hardly a fan of Dean. I like Tina but she should stand by Mick.

They never even set eyes on each other for 10 years or more but now she misses her :confused::o Does she not believe that Dean raped Linda or is she just not bothered about it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They never even set eyes on each other for 10 years or more but now she misses her :confused::o Does she not believe that Dean raped Linda or is she just not bothered about it :(

Shirley has mentioned Tina numerous times, went to stay with her several times and also let Zsa Zsa live with her. They were in contact throughout Shirley's stint before Tina was cast, she just wasn't seen on screen. I think Tina is on the fence about Dean/Linda - she doesn't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    It's excellent stuff but it will provoke a reaction in those who long since decided Shirley is the devil incarnate. Shirley is bad because she bad and nothing will change mindsets.

I think that's a shame though, we are finally seeing beneath Shirley's armour and it's just a shame that some have made up there minds and won't allow it. Posters want Shirley to progress and then when she does or we find out about her, it's moaned about - I don't get it! I, personally, am enjoying it - I would like to see this human side of Shirley more often, alongside her comedic side - which has taken a back seat recently.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed them tonight
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She doesn't know what to believe and just wants it over and have a family back. She knows mock and Linda have each other but Shirley doesn't have anything. The only people that know for definite are Dean and Linda... Anyone else can believe whatever until it's proven but Linda left
    It too late and muck ruined a chance for Linda to get a confession. Even she is prepared to be in the same room for a funeral or to confront him. Tina shouldn't be fight up in it.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two thickoes together
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who said they are turning Shirley into a saint? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dickronson wrote: »
    Who said they are turning Shirley into a saint? :confused:

Here:
    ALowsley wrote: »
    Have no sympathy for Shirl. Sick of them trying to make her into a saint when she's done vile things recently. She's a fab actress :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's a shame though, we are finally seeing beneath Shirley's armour and it's just a shame that some have made up there minds and won't allow it. Posters want Shirley to progress and then when she does or we find out about her, it's moaned about - I don't get it! I, personally, am enjoying it - I would like to see this human side of Shirley more often, alongside her comedic side - which has taken a back seat recently.

Personally, it's because I strongly believe another Shirley example of horrible behaviour is just around the corner and so it feels hollow when we see her show any signs of vulnerability. Dean's not being charged with anything, so why doesn't she just leave now with him as she said she wanted to last night? Regardless of whether she believes Dean is innocent or not, it would be easier for everyone involved if she took herself and him away. But she won't and so the cycle continues and blah...
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Personally, it's because I strongly believe another Shirley example of horrible behaviour is just around the corner and so it feels hollow when we see her show any signs of vulnerability. Dean's not being charged with anything, so why doesn't she just leave now with him as she said she wanted to last night? Regardless of whether she believes Dean is innocent or not, it would be easier for everyone involved if she took herself and him away. But she won't and so the cycle continues and blah...

BIB for the same reason that any character doesn't leave when they're having a tough time....they wouldn't be in the show any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    BIB for the same reason that any character doesn't leave when they're having a tough time....they wouldn't be in the show any more.

Maybe Shirley shouldn't be in the show anymore, if they can't take the character in a fresh direction. I know pigs will fly before that happens but then again, it's not my decision.

I know how the people who loathe Phil feel, when they suffer through what they perceive to be increasingly contrived scenarios for him to demonstrate his place as the king of Walford.