Options

'feminist terrorists'opposed bikini-focussed campaign because they a

edward_mckenzieedward_mckenzie Posts: 415
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3062467/Bentley-driving-playboy-controversial-Beach-Body-bikini-posters-globe-trotting-millionaire-s-son-furore-extra-2m-sales.html

bit of a SJW backfire, they have inadvertantly spiked a 2 million increase in sales after there moaning. Seems some women like the choice to be able to tone up their own bodies. Others of course want to ban their right to do so.

Comments

• Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these feminist/equality threads are getting a bit too much, even for me (and that is saying something). Take cover before you're trampled under the imminent stampede of Birkenstocks! :)
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Focus shoud be in being physically fit not being thin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All these feminist/equality threads are getting a bit too much, even for me (and that is saying something). Take cover before you're trampled under the imminent stampede of Birkenstocks! :)

tee hee. They re not here so can get a few good points in and made before the usual refusal to debate, personal attacks "woman hater" insults, white knighting deliberately not understanding etc start. Free pass!
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Bomb threats over a picture of a woman in a bikini? Feminism is dangerous.
  • Options
    Forum Member

hang on. I thought you and me were the same person?:confused: lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Focus shoud be in being physically fit not being thin

most girls i know (and men) want to look good in swimwear. Nowt wrong with that. Let them crack on no?
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally tend to favour free choice to oppression.
    £2M bonus lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    most girls i know (and men) want to look good in swimwear. Nowt wrong with that. Let them crack on no?

True

No need for it to be shoved down our throats though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bomb threats over a picture of a woman in a bikini? Feminism is dangerous.

its not feminists (they obviously make good points and do good work). This is SJW. hiding under the umbrella of feminism (and ruining it) often found infiltrating other good causes too. Just shining a light on them.

Seriously, bomb threats. Take a look at yourselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True

No need for it to be shoved down our throats though

its not. its an advert which one does not have to view if one is not interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    its not. its an advert which one does not have to view if one is not interested.

Where was this advert put?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where was this advert put?

i dont know. i havent seen it about so it hasnt been shoved down my throat.
  • Options
    Forum Member

But showing an attractive women with a toned body might hurt a fat feminist's feelings, therefore it is now haram. Didn't you get the fatwa?
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this on twitter last week.

They were going nuts.

Apparently companies should only be allowed to use frumpy non-attractive women in their advertising...

Fitness products have been using scantily clad, fit men and women to sell their products for years, it isn't something new.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3062467/Bentley-driving-playboy-controversial-Beach-Body-bikini-posters-globe-trotting-millionaire-s-son-furore-extra-2m-sales.html

bit of a SJW backfire, they have inadvertantly spiked a 2 million increase in sales after there moaning. Seems some women like the choice to be able to tone up their own bodies. Others of course want to ban their right to do so.

They may have done it themselves of course - get a few complaints then ramp it up yourself... bang... loads of free publicity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    They may have done it themselves of course - get a few complaints then ramp it up yourself... bang... loads of free publicity.

you dont think there are SJWs out there who would behave like this? You can search for less likely answers but i think you would be barking up the wrong tree.

Do you condemn the bomb threats?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a) I don't believe a word of it.
    b) someone really will have to tell me in what way buying worthless 'fat melter' tablets is 'getting off your arse and doing something about it.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They could at least have used a fit dude as well ffs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »

They defaced their own posters and sent themselves bomb threats?
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hang on. I thought you and me were the same person?:confused: lol

Stop talking to yourself, you look crazy ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you dont think there are SJWs out there who would behave like this? You can search for less likely answers but i think you would be barking up the wrong tree.

Do you condemn the bomb threats?

I have no idea - I merely raised the possibility that they stirred the pot themselves - hardly unknown.

I shall treat your last sentence with the contempt it deserves.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    The advert isn't that bad but the companies tweets afterwards were disgusting.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Militant femherroids and SJWs, they're always good for a laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    The advert isn't that bad but the companies tweets afterwards were disgusting.

but the bomb threats were disgusting times ten, but you no mention?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They defaced their own posters and sent themselves bomb threats?

It is possible that they egged the pudding. Can't really comment about the bomb threat as there is no detail in the story.. just a sub-heading. Surprising as you would have thought that would be given more emphasis. Maybe another paper will have more. I will take a look.