Options

What's your level of interest in the new royal baby?

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,034
    Forum Member
    I couldn't care less
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    I think this birth is the most interesting event that has ever happened in the entire universe. A baby was born. It was a birth. A woman gave birth. She was pregnant. And there was a birth. Of a baby. A pregnancy followed by a birth. A baby born. A born baby. Good god, anyone saying they're not interested must be lying. Who wouldn't have an extremely high level of interest in a woman giving birth. To a baby.
  • Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Slightly interested to know she exists and what they'll call her, that's all though, don't want to have to hear and see all the impending Royal baby frenzy .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I am not a Royalist...but....why do the press still refer to her as Kate Middleton.....she is married to William......is she not Kate Windsor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am not a Royalist...but....why do the press still refer to her as Kate Middleton.....she is married to William......is she not Kate Windsor?

It's probably because is a modern, independent woman who has kept her name as she, understandably, doesn't want to be defined by who her husband might happen to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    But she is the Duchess of Cambridge....but the press still call her Kate Middleton....as if she is not really a royal family member because she was not "titled" before marriage....as I say...I am not a "royalist"...but I find that contempt on her behalf.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from being curious about when the baby was born and what they've called her, I'm not bothered.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would call her The Duchess of Cambridge, but it's a bit of a mouthful to say every time I want to mention her name. I just stick to Kate. I suppose the surname added on sounds more formal when the media talk about her.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,836
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    I think this birth is the most interesting event that has ever happened in the entire universe. A baby was born. It was a birth. A woman gave birth. She was pregnant. And there was a birth. Of a baby. A pregnancy followed by a birth. A baby born. A born baby. Good god, anyone saying they're not interested must be lying. Who wouldn't have an extremely high level of interest in a woman giving birth. To a baby.

And it all happened in a hospital, a hospital is where it all happened; you missed that bit. Such a combination of circumstances cannot have ever happened before it. The people who try to tell us this is nothing remarkable need to wake up.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Slightly. I'm not going to read the news articles covering it but I watched the news bulletin rather than turning the channel so I'd call that a slight interest.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,836
    Forum Member
    Slightly. I'm not going to read the news articles covering it but I watched the news bulletin rather than turning the channel so I'd call that a slight interest.

But I have just turned on BBC News and those commie Republicans are carrying some other stuff; something to do with an election or some such nonsense. It is a disgrace that at this time that is so vital to our Royal Family we are not getting 24/7 news entirely devoted to this historic event.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Slightly interested.

I wish them well and have nothing against the top members of the Royals, but the overkill and minute details bore me rigid.

They're all healthy and well, let them get on with it now and I don't want to hear any more about it other than possibly the occasional photo.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I would call her The Duchess of Cambridge, but it's a bit of a mouthful to say every time I want to mention her name. I just stick to Kate. I suppose the surname added on sounds more formal when the media talk about her.

When would you want to mention her name? Do people actually have conversations about the royal family? I don't think I've ever even thought about her except for thinking there seems to be a lot of royalty threads on the forum today.

So, there's a royal baby, so what?

My only thought is - I hope she takes after her father. Then I tell myself not to be uncharitable.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested and was pleased they had a girl.
    I watched the TV to see George go in with his Dad and then later watched the parents with the new baby on the steps.
    I am a firm fan of the royal family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But she is the Duchess of Cambridge....but the press still call her Kate Middleton....as if she is not really a royal family member because she was not "titled" before marriage....as I say...I am not a "royalist"...but I find that contempt on her behalf.

I honestly think that she simply instructed the media to call her Ms Middleton because she doesn't want people thinking she only got where she is by marrying. Lots of career women do this kind of thing. Sure she might be Mrs Cambridge because she married Billy, but she clearly doesn't want to draw attention to that.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Couldn't care less!

Just as I couldn't care less when any other couple has a kid.
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not interested, but that could be more to do with the fact that I can never escape the Media with them wherever you go that's bothered me.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be mildly interested if they call her Mildred. In tribute to one of my favourite 70's sitcoms.

Imagine Mrs Buckets reaction if they named her Hyacinth :D
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nil interest in the baby per se.

Very interested in why some people support, promote and fawn over a family that is not their own and who couldn't care less whether they live or not. I just cannot rationalise this fact.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish the family all the best.

While I'm not a fan of royalty, the top circle do generate income for the uk & keeps the bond with the commonwealth while having NO powers.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interested enough to want to know her name.
    Not interested enough to want know any subsequent details of her existence.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be mildly interested if they call her Mildred. In tribute to one of my favourite 70's sitcoms.

:D Baby Mildred!

I was ambivalent, but now I am just not interested. Baby Mildred caused havoc this evening as Tower Bridge was all lit up pink. Hoards of people with cameras caused much traffic, which made me late. . >:(:o:p
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i feel the same about this as any other stranger i don`t converse with, i`m not interested.

it`s nice for them.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd I'm slow, George & Mildred :)
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,614
    Forum Member
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    I wish the family all the best.

While I'm not a fan of royalty, the top circle do generate income for the uk & keeps the bond with the commonwealth while having NO powers.

Well, they generate interest around the world. I'm not sure they actually generate income!