Comments

• Options
    Cold ComfortCold Comfort Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I agree to.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Thete are a couple who have surfaced lately, they're all over the forum like a rash. Pretty poor efforts at trolling too.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    This. End of.

I'll take all of the traditional DS trolls pissing about over any of the recent MRA posters attracted to DS :( >:(

What's an MRA?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,340
    Forum Member
    I know it has a bad rep, but I haven't encountered many yet. No more then any other site.
    Maybe it has improved for the time being?

Just wait for an LGBT related thread. 9 times out of 10...
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This place has a few, Some pretty dedicated to the cause, Nothing on some other sites I post on though. Maybe the trolls should be embraced, Elsewhere they are given a badge to indicate they are a troll account saves the banning and re-registering stuff.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading a couple of other forums over the weekend that had threads complaining specifically about DS and found more than a few posts from people absolutely 100% convinced that i'm a troll :)
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was reading a couple of other forums over the weekend that had threads complaining specifically about DS and found more than a few posts from people absolutely 100% convinced that i'm a troll :)

We all have a little troll in us, It is how you use it that counts, Scurries back under his bridge.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member

Some folks don't know what a troll is. Some of them might realise if they looked in a mirror occasionally.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Maybe the trolls should be embraced, Elsewhere they are given a badge to indicate they are a troll account saves the banning and re-registering stuff.
    sounds like a fun idea. Some forums give people titles based on their post counts and the moderators sometimes give them their own title. DS could substitute the redundant "Forum member" with a "Trollgorithm" rating based on how many posts of theirs gets reported and how many separate members mention the word "troll" in their threads or when quoting them. Then half of the people who usually get sucked in by taking the stuff as genuine will have a second thought and say "Nah" and leave the keyboard alone.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's an MRA?

Men's Rights Activist... basically anti-feminist posters. Not sure what has attracted them to DS but there appears to have been a slew of them over the past four months. :(
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Men's Rights Activist... basically anti-feminist posters. Not sure what has attracted them to DS but there appears to have been a slew of them over the past four months. :(

I didn't know they even existed until they turned up here. I've never met any in real life.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I didn't know they even existed until they turned up here. I've never met any in real life.

Nor me. Perhaps they don't get out much?
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trolls can be funny, but they need to have more than one brain cell functioning at a time or they just end up frothing in the Politics area of the forums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Nor me. Perhaps they don't get out much?

Probably not. Must be difficult to do if they think half the population is out to get them.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I sometimes get the impression that some people think there's great kudos to be had in being the first to accuse a new FM of being one or the other (or both) when really it all looks rather juvenile at times to me, like frat-house initiation rituals.
    Yeah, definitely. It can be quite embarrassing to read actually.

Contrary to what some might think, I actually don't mind trolls/PBUs. If they aren't being nasty or malicious then let them get on with it. Some of them can be pretty funny.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another bloody acronym to learn :)

Can't we just call them "wibbles" ?

whiny inadequate bores believing ladies equal satan?

Wibbles is much funnier :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is MARVELLOUS. I almost can't wait for the next thread!
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    There hasn't been a good troll at DS for ages :(
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha, I have also been called the biggest troll on DS :D
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Haha, I have also been called the biggest troll on DS :D

You're nobody until at least one person has accused you of being a troll. :D
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Superb, love it!! :o :cool: :D
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I think members tend to mark users as a troll as soon as the user goes against the majority.

That is the problem with a liberal (which DS really is as a whole) community, they are all for liberal and free speech until they hear something they don't like.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good troll is a joy to behold.

Alas, they are few and far between.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    I think members tend to mark users as a troll as soon as the user goes against the majority.

That is the problem with a liberal (which DS really is as a whole) community, they are all for liberal and free speech until they hear something they don't like.

I see your activities on here have come to the attention of the dogs sleeping forum.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    terry45 wrote: »
    I see your activities on here have come to the attention of the dogs sleeping forum.

Thanks for letting me know about that, I will have to go over there and sort them all out.

Edit: been over there, they are slagging off loads of users on here.

They are all banned on here and seem to like slagging us off.

How sad.

I think I will depart for a while.:(
This discussion has been closed.