Options

What happens if the Tories win? OMG

Comments

• Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REDBUS wrote: »
    Dito , I've been planning for this day for a LONG TIME ,never bought any of the false media BS ,seen through than from day 1.

see you's all in hell Tory scum >:(

O.K., you've got the part, rehearsals start on Monday, don't forget your Equity card, just show it to the stage manager when you arrive.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that include the millions who voted Conservative? Are they all 'scum'?

And they say the Tory Party is the Nasty Party, I think this forum has proved just who the nasty people are
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What will happen is £12 billion of welfare cuts that are going to hit a lot of people very hard.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    And they say the Tory Party is the Nasty Party, I think this forum has proved just who the nasty people are

I agree. There have been some very unpleasant, unnecessary posts
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this mean we're actually going to spend £100 billion on Trident now? Dear Lord...
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Erm... Gordon Brown was the leader back then.

Yes and 10 years of the cock up that was Tony Blair before him.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member

This election seems to have brought the worse out in people and it's not pretty. Poster's calling people they have never met scum is pathetic.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    The melodrama on this thread is unbelievable.

Laughable, isn't it?
  • Options
    ThePerfectOneThePerfectOne Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they get in I'd be better off killing myself

Me too as i cannot cope with the cruel way they are treating vulnerable and disabled people :cry:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/remember-those-killed-tory-austerity-5642530
  • Options
    NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. The Tories have won. Who's going to be first on the plane?

Or on the ledge of a tall building.....
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too as i cannot cope with the cruel way they are treating vulnerable and disabled people :cry:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/remember-those-killed-tory-austerity-5642530

From someone that is classed as disabled but has never wanted to be out of work, I find it sickening that enough of the public have voted the Tories back in.

My Story

Since 1998 I have been of poor health & haven't worked since 2001. Towards the end of 2002 I was diagnosed with a rare brain condition called Arnold Chiari Malformation, which makes me suffer daily dizziness & pressure headaches which make me very disorientated. The most risky part of the condition is that I do suffer from drop attacks & blackouts & so therefore have never been allowed to drive due to posing an extreme risk. There is no cure for my condition, only treatment in the form of Brain surgery.

In 2006 I was finally given brain surgery in the form of a VP shunt to treat the symptoms of the condition, the surgeon wanted to go down this route instead of going straight for the riskier decompression operation. Keeping in mind that both surgeries are only treatments and not a cure, as there is no cure. Unfortunately the shunt didn't treat the symptoms for me as I still suffer with the same symptoms that I did in 1998, but with more of a risk if I hit my head when I have a blackout.

Over the last few years I have attempted to get the riskier surgery done as I hate the way my health is, but due to the local surgeons being in denial over the condition as they haven't obtained the knowledge for it. However due to local area health cuts implemented by the government, a patient no longer has the choice of an out of area hospital for possible treatment, only a neurologist or neurosurgeon are able to do a referral. This I find sickening as I have found a hospital in another part of the country that has experts in the condition & are willing to take me on as a patient, but cannot do so unless they have the referral from someone at my local hospital.

I have inquired into a private referral, but the cost is so extreme, that even if I sell everything I have & went without the few good things that I have in life, it still wouldn't be enough to raise the money. I have also developed a self harm act called Trichotillomania (Hair pulling) over the years from the depression caused by not having a normal life and sometimes being housebound as my condition does vary throughout the day, on a day to day basis.

A few years ago I saw the idiots at ATOS & even tho I went in there with a shaved head, so that the assessor could see that I had a shunt, he still had the nerve to state that I had a heart condition as that is what my condition is in the medical field. However anyone that has seen my MRI scans, can see that my brain isn't normal. Luckily I passed the assessment and that my benefits wasn't stopped. Even tho I am on DLA for an indefinite period, I know that from October this year I will be assessed for PIP, so am hoping that the company doing the medical is more competent than those tools at ATOS.

I hate being on benefits, but the money I get pays for the care that I often need, as well as the ability to do a little bit of amateur photography now and then which makes my life a little bit better & refrains me from wanting to do the self harm. I haven't worked since 2001 & I am almost 39 years old, with the same health that I had in the late 90's. I would love to return to work meet new people & have a bit more meaning in life, but as no company is willing to take the risk employing someone that has blackouts, I am pretty much stuck in a viscous circle. I would love to do office work, but it would have to be a sit down job only tho as I cannot go on ladders &am unable to take stairs to different floors.

I won't give up my fight in getting the surgery done, even if it means going to the press with my story to change the mind of the staff at my local hospital. I know that I am classed as a no good sponger by some Tory loving people on this forum, but those that think that, can go and f*** themselves for all I care. I want to come off benefits and I want to work, but the government cuts are going to make life harder for people like me. >:(

Sorry for the long winded story, but really felt that it was important to tell it.
  • Options
    dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheer up folks at least Katie Hopkins won't be leaving now :-)
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. There have been some very unpleasant, unnecessary posts

Agreed, the country has spoken, what a lot of bad losers there are on this forum.
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that include the millions who voted Conservative? Are they all 'scum'?
    No they're just gullible idiots that have been played by the Tories and right wing media's scare tactics.

Fools on them, because voting Tory will come back and bite them on the arse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    What will happen is £12 billion of welfare cuts that are going to hit a lot of people very hard.
    Except the Elderly, they will continued to be make up a large share of the Welfare cost, but ignored while the unemployed work shy scroungers get crucified and thrown under the bus.

It will be fun watching the middle classes becoming targets though. They foolishly thought the Tories cared about them, they will soon find out the truth.
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Does this mean we're actually going to spend £100 billion on Trident now? Dear Lord...

Of course. We need to maintain our independent nuclear deterrent in this unstable world. We are in the midst of a resurgent Russia, North Korea is developing nuclear weapons. A new nuclear enemy could emerge in the future.

We must also not leave France as the only nuclear power in Europe.

On top of Trident we must also keep our conventional armed forces up to scratch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Of course. We need to maintain our independent nuclear deterrent in this unstable world. We are in the midst of a resurgent Russia, North Korea is developing nuclear weapons. A new nuclear enemy could emerge in the future.

We must also not leave France as the only nuclear power in Europe.

On top of Trident we must also keep our conventional armed forces up to scratch.

If Scotland wants to leave themselves vulnerable, they should go Independent.

They only represent 8% of the UK population, their wants should be treated as such.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    shaddler wrote: »

Plus they need to find the 8 billion they promised for the NHS and the money for all lucky few who get to buy cheap homes.

Of course the pensioners will be protected. If you are young, poor or ill then you are well and truly ****ed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    "Things can only get better".
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _drak wrote: »
    "Things can only get better".

That's what Labour were singing last time, and look what they did, Blair and Brown left the country bankrupt. We are only just beginning to pay off our "credit card" debts, which Labour would have increased again.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    That's what Labour were singing last time, and look what they did, Blair and Brown left the country bankrupt. We are only just beginning to pay off our "credit card" debts, which Labour would have increased again.

I agree. .none of us like tightening our belts after a spend but it's the only way..Brown and Blair partied to be popular and now Camerons cleaning up the mess.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I agree. .none of us like tightening our belts after a spend but it's the only way..Brown and Blair partied to be popular and now Camerons cleaning up the mess.

He's taking a long time who will he blame in 5 years time.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    He's taking a long time who will he blame in 5 years time.

Well seeing as the left trot out Thatcher on a regular basis, he can keep on blaming the last lot for a lot longer or maybe mix it up with blaming Jim Callaghan
  • Options
    Stereo SteveStereo Steve Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking the same as I was reading it this morning.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well seeing as the left trot out Thatcher on a regular basis, he can keep on blaming the last lot for a lot longer or maybe mix it up with blaming Jim Callaghan

My opinion on Thatcher is that she did have to reign in the Unions. However she took it too far. Then after decimating the areas did nothing to help rebuild.