Options

Do you think Madonna will have another UK Top 20 hit?

JakeXYJakeXY Posts: 59
Forum Member
Give Me All Your Luvin - #37
Girl Gone Wild - #73
Masterpiece - #68
Turn Up the Radio - # 175
Living for Love - #26
Ghosttown - #117

Will Bitch I'm Madonna end her six year absence from the UK Top 20? I don't think Nicki Minaj is enough to give Madonna a much-needed hit in the UK. Madonna should have called Rihanna. Paul McCartney did, and he had his first top 10 hit in decades.

Comments

• Options
    PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I do. Gimme All Your Loving would have been top ten if it hadn't be for the ballsed up way they released it.

And the leaks, along with bizzare release of the 6 songs of the album killed any chance Living for Love had.

She still has enough fans to make a song a top ten hit, even another number 1 in a release week. It may drop heavily the week after, but it's certainly possible. But they have got to sort out how they release music.

Keep everything under wraps; no leaks whatsoever. Launch to ITunes as soon as the song is out there and coincide release week with live performances.

It is not 1989 anymore. The way music is released and exposed is totally different. We live in an instant and disposable world. There is a LOT to be said for the element of surprise.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,636
    Forum Member
    Personally I think Bitch I'm Madonna is one of the worst songs on the album. It's these type of songs that have dragged Madonna down. If it's the type of music Madonna wants to release then that's her decision but from a music lovers point of view who in their right mind is going to buy this "song". All the Madonna fans will have downloaded it when it was an instant grat.

If Ghosttown couldn't go top 20 then this definitely won't.

I think the only way Madonna can get another top 20 hit is if she went away and did another Vogue. I.e. record a brand new song and just release it as a single (not any of this instant grat nonsense) before it leaks - which nearly every song does these days because of how the internet works.

How Beyonce managed to release an entire album off the cuff - each song with its own music video - without anything being leaked beforehand is miraculous these days.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Bitch I'm Madonna is DEFINITELY not the sort of single she should be releasing. No radio stations will support that song. Ghosttown may not have been a hit, but Radio 2 loved it and it consequently kept Rebel Heart in the top 40 for a few extra weeks. There are much stronger songs on the album which deserve to be released.

Surely no Madonna fan on this planet thinks this is a good idea.
  • Options
    Ellie_ArbuckleEllie_Arbuckle Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Madonna is now past caring about her chart positions on the singles chart. Bitch I'm Madonna is a terrible choice but Madonna could release another Live To Tell and it wouldn't chart. I think she knows this now.

That said, Kanye is releasing the track him and Madonna recorded as one of the lead singles from his new album so she probably will have another top 20 single within a matter of months - if not weeks depending on when he puts it out.

Edit just seen the op is now inactive!
  • Options
    NeonopticNeonoptic Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the right material.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I think Madonna is now past caring about her chart positions on the singles chart. Bitch I'm Madonna is a terrible choice but Madonna could release another Live To Tell and it wouldn't chart. I think she knows this now.

At this stage it's not about getting a decent chart position, it's about getting airplay. She will not get any airplay with BIM.
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JakeXY wrote: »
    Give Me All Your Luvin - #37
    Girl Gone Wild - #73
    Masterpiece - #68
    Turn Up the Radio - # 175
    Living for Love - #26
    Ghosttown - #117

Will Bitch I'm Madonna end her six year absence from the UK Top 20? I don't think Nicki Minaj is enough to give Madonna a much-needed hit in the UK. Madonna should have called Rihanna. Paul McCartney did, and he had his first top 10 hit in decades.

My God has it really been that long since she's had a top 20, that's shocked me. I think the best chance she may have is with Devils pray (i think that's what it's called)
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Bitch I'm Madonna is DEFINITELY not the sort of single she should be releasing. No radio stations will support that song. Ghosttown may not have been a hit, but Radio 2 loved it and it consequently kept Rebel Heart in the top 40 for a few extra weeks. There are much stronger songs on the album which deserve to be released.

Surely no Madonna fan on this planet thinks this is a good idea.

I don't like the song but I suppose it's up to Madonna, maybe she's trying to get airplay on radio one, I doubt radio two will play it though!

I
  • Options
    SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I think she'll have another one at some point in the future. I thought Living for Love was going to peak in the top 20 after the Brit Awards, Jonathan Ross and the kerfuffle with Radio One, but it never happened. It's a shame that Ghosttown didn't chart higher. It's her best song in years.
  • Options
    BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    If Kylie can still enter the UK top 20 with a lead single, then I'm sure Madonna will manage to do it again at some point in the future. I'd love it if Cher and Tina Turner made a return to the top 20 as well.
  • Options
    kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    No...she cant, after all those single failing, i dont think she will.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That said, Kanye is releasing the track him and Madonna recorded as one of the lead singles from his new album so she probably will have another top 20 single within a matter of months - if not weeks depending on when he puts it out.

Is it still planned to be one of the singles? she claimed they wrote it for Rebel Heart but Kanye asked if he could keep it for his album. So they must share equal vocals. However a Rihanna forum has suggested Rihanna may have also added a verse to the track as well.
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as someone else pointed out on here recently Madonna doesn't have a proper image anymore since confessions seems to be the same kind of look and sound.
    I liked MDNA but she hardly promoted it unlike hard candy if she's not prepared to get out there and promote or have a record company who will then that's it.
    worst mistake she ever made was leaving her old record label maybe her time is over.
    Mariah has signed to a new label and seems to be getting more promotion so maybe Madonna should as well I do think she's not doing herself any favours.
    by trying to dress like her daughter I think she should cover up now she's not in her twenties anymore.