Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colleagues who really take the piss - as in the case of one who is always late. Yesterday he was half an hour late on a busy day and then had the nerve to stand outside having a fifteen minute **** break before he came in!

Even worse is the wishy-washy management who won't do anything about it "everyone has different working styles and we have to respect that..."

What does it matter to you though/ if jobs got done merely by people turning up on the dot life would be easy, unless you're on a on production line what matters is whether he does his job and delivers to the satisfaction of his management.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    What does it matter to you though/ if jobs got done merely by people turning up on the dot life would be easy, unless you're on a on production line what matters is whether he does his job and delivers to the satisfaction of his management.

It matters to me because I'm one of the people who get lumbered with extra work because he can't be arsed coming in on time (and his lateness always seems to happen on busy days).
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't eat out much, but the last couple of times the chips have been served with the skin still on.
    It's like choice has been taken away by the healthy eating brigade. I hate chips cooked like this and after picking about, left them. Waste of money and a meal wrecker for me.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I find a piece of clothing (usually reduced)I would like to buy and the shop having every size but the one I need. Happens far to often.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I give my landline and mobile nos to a business etc, everyone seems to try my mobile first and it can take several missed calls before they actually try the landline. In fact some don't even bother with that. I know I'm swimming against the tide here, but I'm not one of those who takes my mobile everywhere or who even has it switched on all the time. It's mainly for emergencies and I don't get a signal at home anyway. :confused:
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It matters to me because I'm one of the people who get lumbered with extra work because he can't be arsed coming in on time (and his lateness always seems to happen on busy days).

Quite. We had a young whipper-snapper who always turned up half an hour late. It made me fume because he was meant to do the preparatory work for the rest of us and we ended up doing it ourselves. Despite a number of talking-to's he still kept coming late, so I gave the boss something to think about - I started coming late as well. When the boss challenged me about it, I told him that I'd start turning up on time when the young to$$er did.
    As I was chief engineer and had been there for 15 years at the time, my threat held some clout. The problem was solved quickly....
  • Options
    kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Fanielle wrote: »
    I get really annoyed with people sharing things on Facebook which are no longer relevant.
    Or things which are ludicrous hoaxes, easily found to be debunked if you'd bother to check first. But no, let's share it again "just in case".
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sport teams who add a suffix to their names like rhinos, eagles, etc. just seems a bit naff.
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    It's no good, whenever I'm on DS I'm drawn to the BB forum, I have to abandon DS until the retched addictive programme is over for the summer :(
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    The fact no one gives a shit about me, no one comes to see me, it's always me that has to go to meet them

If I don't call family I don't hear from them for weeks

Yet I can't cut them out of my life, why?!?!

I used to be tougher than this! I hate who I am now!
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or things which are ludicrous hoaxes, easily found to be debunked if you'd bother to check first. But no, let's share it again "just in case".

Yes that as well! The HIV oranges one drives me round the bend every time I see it!
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you are trying to ring someone who never ever answers you. (and yet I've seen her answer her phone immediately when I've been around. I feel rather insulted and snubbed when I don't get a reply and I know she can because after ringing if I send a text I get an almost immediate response.)

Man it pees me off something fierce.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missing out on a £1 item because I was waiting for a reply to my "is this the right thing" query.
    Then missing out on buying it from eBay for £4 because I saw they had many in stock so thought I didn't need to buy it right away, I was wrong.
    Then buying it from another eBayer for £8.50 only for the original guys to just email me with a "hey, we've got more in stock for £1"
    Well that's £7.50 I'm never seeing again, dammit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    I am intrigued to know what it was!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Here you go!

Thank you! I have no idea why I couldn't find it. :cool:
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Po-ta-to wrote: »
    I am intrigued to know what it was!
    It was an FCB (Free Comic Book). - a supposed v.important one cos big things are happening with Superman and Batman. Had I gone to an actual store it woulda been free but from my online store it was £1, but they sold out so I went for eBay.
    Sods law states that had I not eBayed it for that stupid amount then my online store wouldn't have got new stock in and I'd be forever missing an important piece of DC comic history, darn it. >:(
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    People who share distressing pictures of mistreated/killed animals on FB just to say "Look how angry I am". I dont want this shit on my page FFS! :mad:
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, what's up? This is my uhhh Youtube video where I'll uhhh, be showing you how to post a forum post about something you hate. I sure hate lots of stuff and I'm sure you do too so I uhh just want to show you the best way of hating things on the internet. At least what I find is the best way. Lots of other people think the classical way of hating things is the best but I think that my neo-Morbelum method is much better and I'm going to share it all with y'all. So, here we go...

Enough of me talking, let's get down to, uhhh...the internet hate thing...

...if you really hate something on the internet then you probably already have a 4/8th internet stick, but if you don't then that's ok because your 2/16th internet stick will do just as well. As long as you remember to rub it with some 431lY fluid on a 73 guage rag.

Now, the most important thing about, uhhhh...hating things on errrr... the....uhh, internet and uhhh. like, everything on the internet is uhhh....but, uhh.....hating things on the internet, uhhhh...dude anyway....

So, we take our internet, I'm just using a regular internet here...you could use a Merghada internet or a BleBleBle internet, but the general principle is the same. I'm just using a Merghada internet because that's what I've got and that's probably what you've got so, ok, let's go...ok, uhhhhh, ok, so uhhh....

You just take your intenet...and now I'm just going to waste some time talking about something that has nothing to do with what you want to do but, ok dude...uhhh, here's the thing...

And, basically that's all you need to do. If you liked this tutorial then remember to friendollow my Youtube channel and I'll catch you again y'all!

*Shit Hip Hop music and really bad self promoting text*
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both of my parents are furious with me for failing to attend a wedding last February.

I wasn't sent an invitation. Last July, Mum asked over phone if I could attend that wedding for her and her husband. I agreed. When Dad found out he and his wife were invited, he asked if I could represent them. I agreed. Somewhere along the line, I forgot to note the date, but somehow remembered it'd be on 15 March.

As it turned out, 15 March was for a different wedding, so the wedding my parents wanted me to attend was on 8 February. Unsurprisingly, I didn't turn up. Cue my parents' angry reactions. And long lectures on respect, etiquette, selfishness and responsibility. Then came their famous silent treatment. Awesome.

I've explained. I've apologised. I've sent a letter of apology and a present to the bridal couple. And yet the parents are still miffed with me. What the hell more can I say or do? Why can't they just get over it and move on? Why does it have to be me, anyway? I'm one of eleven siblings, ffs. They should have asked one of them. Especially my step-sister, who lives only two miles from the wedding.

I'm whining, I know, but I'm so tired of their silent treatment. :/
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,586
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who say that the voting system needs reforming, because of how many seats UKIP got on Thursday compared to the votes they got.

We tried that in 2011. It failed.

Yeah, but we weren't offered a proportional system in 2011. The voting system does need reforming, but AV is not proportional and would have been just a minor tweak to FPTP.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Both of my parents are furious with me for failing to attend a wedding last February.

I wasn't sent an invitation. Last July, Mum asked over phone if I could attend that wedding for her and her husband. I agreed. When Dad found out he and his wife were invited, he asked if I could represent them. I agreed. Somewhere along the line, I forgot to note the date, but somehow remembered it'd be on 15 March.

As it turned out, 15 March was for a different wedding, so the wedding my parents wanted me to attend was on 8 February. Unsurprisingly, I didn't turn up. Cue my parents' angry reactions. And long lectures on respect, etiquette, selfishness and responsibility. Then came their famous silent treatment. Awesome.

I've explained. I've apologised. I've sent a letter of apology and a present to the bridal couple. And yet the parents are still miffed with me. What the hell more can I say or do? Why can't they just get over it and move on? Why does it have to be me, anyway? I'm one of eleven siblings, ffs. They should have asked one of them. Especially my step-sister, who lives only two miles from the wedding.

I'm whining, I know, but I'm so tired of their silent treatment. :/

That doesn't sound like a trivial thing for you to be upset about. Whose parents stay angry with their kids for more than a few days unless it's something serious? Missing a wedding isn't that big a deal unless it's one of your relatives or close friends!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, what's up? This is my uhhh Youtube video where I'll uhhh, be showing you how to post a forum post about something you hate. I sure hate lots of stuff and I'm sure you do too so I uhh just want to show you the best way of hating things on the internet. At least what I find is the best way. Lots of other people think the classical way of hating things is the best but I think that my neo-Morbelum method is much better and I'm going to share it all with y'all. So, here we go...snip.

Oh yes.
    I'm a radio/comms engineer, and it kills me when some beginner pops up on You Tube 'showing us how to use' a piece of expensive test gear he's just bought. Most of them have absolutely no idea what they are doing and just seem to think that making a pretty picture or a wavy line appear on the display is enough to have us slavering over his skills.
    These videos are usually crammed with incorrect terminology and a complete misunderstanding of what is actually going on. Clueless.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Tssss,tssss,tsss, tsss, tssss, tssss, tsss, tsss, tssss, tsss, tsss,tssss,tssss,tssss,

Those little headphones that people wear on the train.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Tssss,tssss,tsss, tsss, tssss, tssss, tsss, tsss, tssss, tsss, tsss,tssss,tssss,tssss,

Those little headphones that people wear on the train.

And people who can't be a**ed taking the earphones out of their ears when they talk to you. Show some manners.
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I bought my wife a new pair of slippers for her birthday, to the specification she laid down. They are loose at the back. We have woodblock flooring.

Clop, clop, clop, clop, clop.

If there is a report of a woman found dead with a slipper stuffed down her throat, please take this as a confession. :)
This discussion has been closed.