Options

I don't like children

NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok I have never liked children and am married but never wanted them. I know people will say but you where a child once and yes I was and Was brought up to behave and respect my elders.

Perhaps my expierence of the miniature tyrants are that so few are well behaved these days and that people think once they have a child the world should just fall in line. for example no I do not want to look at your pictures of your baby, since I only work with you and hardly know you and so do not want to be forced to say it's actually quite ugly..

The other day I was on a bus when a mother with a baby (pram) got on and it was a quite full so a crippled man got up to give his seat to the Mum to which she said I need both seats so can you move over to the other side of the bus. i nicely told her the seats were for the disabled not for mums with prams and got a nice colourful response.

the other thing on this forum is the whole concept that if a building was on fire with child and my dog stuck inside that I have to save the child. Why? I don't want a child to suffer but all in all the child is not special, not anymore than the millions of other children I world and is not a saint, so frankly I would always save my dog first. I do not get this whole concept that if a child is in peril the world should stop... Jamie burger was murdered by children, some year olds get charged of raping another child, children are just younger adults and not some special ...angel.

Anyway animals are the true innocents and frankly I could not care less what anyone else says my dog comes before some child I don't know. I don't care about your child, it's just another they mini human in a world being destroyed by greed.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Ok then.

I don't like children but hope to have my own some day.

I would save a child over a dog.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Thank god it's not just me, I don't like children either and my pets will come before every child
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,005
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't go as far as to say I don't like children, I could just do without them more often than not. Children are perfectly acceptable when they can be sent back to where they came from.

I would always save a child over an animal though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god it's not just me, I don't like children either and my pets will come before every child
    Animals need support as so many ar going extinct where humans are so over populated there should be some sort of control and also perhaps test before you can become parents because we are so selfish and killing all other species.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not that keen on kids. And I adore my cat more than is probably considered normal by a lot of people.

But I still can't understand the mentality of being willing to let a child die over an animal. I'm not saying it would be an easy decision, as failing to prevent any type of death is going to be horrible. But as a human, I would undoubtedly save a human child over an animal.

So go on DS, I'm sure you're gonna tell me I'm evil. But I don't feel this means I love animals any less than I undoubtedly do. And I don't think it means I care for kids any more either. I just think it's the rational choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I'm not that keen on kids. And I adore my cat more than is probably considered normal by a lot of people.

But I still can't understand the mentality of being willing to let a child die over an animal. I'm not saying it would be an easy decision, as failing to prevent any type of death is going to be horrible. But as a human, I would undoubtedly save a human child over an animal.

So go on DS, I'm sure you're gonna tell me I'm evil. But I don't feel this means I love animals any less than I undoubtedly do. And I don't think it means I care for kids any more either. I just think it's the rational choice.

I'm with you. I love my little puppy but I'd never be able to live with myself knowing a child died so I could save him.
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, it is indeed Friday :D
  • Options
    rusty robotrusty robot Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Children are awesome. Their complete innocence is a joy to behold. You can have some funny conversations with little kids.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Children are awesome. Their complete innocence is a joy to behold. You can have some funny conversations with little kids.

I don't believe kids are completely innocent at all. They can be very manipulative. I knew exactly what to do to get my own way when I was young, including playing my parents off against each other. My niece was at my parents house and threw a wobbly when my dad wouldn't let her play around with a compass. He poked his hand with it and said you can't have it because it's sharp. The next day I get a call from my brother saying that her teacher had called him in because my niece said my dad stabbed her in the hand with a compass....

I love my niece but that was spiteful and she knew exactly what she was doing.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should care more about other people.

I understand why you might want to save your own dog over a human being you did not know, fair enough,

I can also understand you do not put children on a pedestal and perhaps find them generally quite irritating. I feel exactly the same as you. Babies are basically aliens and toddlers are extremely annoying creatures at times.

However, they are little people who also have a lot of positives to give the world. And it is our duty as adults to shape their world so that they grow up to be caring, happy and giving people. Part of that duty is to lead by example, rather than going through life hating kids. Is there some deeper-rooted reason for this feeling you have, I wonder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    I think you should care more about other people.

Because humans are just so caring to each other
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I don't mind them but I couldn't manage whole one. :blush::blush::blush:

Well someone had to ..:D
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most children are well behaved but the ones you notice are the ones playing up.

My 2 year old daughter is generally very good in public and makes me laugh every day with the funny things she says. There is something very joyous in spending time with someone so innocent and who finds excitement in even the smallest things in life.

As an aside, I'm sure the gentleman who moved for the mother and baby would be delighted to be referred to as 'crippled'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I prefer the naughty ones. Angel children are so boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because humans are just so caring to each other

Like those animals which never harm each other at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    Most children are well behaved but the ones you notice are the ones playing up.

My 2 year old daughter is generally very good in public and makes me laugh every day with the funny things she says. There is something very joyous in spending time with someone so innocent and who finds excitement in even the smallest things in life.

As an aside, I'm sure the gentleman who moved for the mother and baby would be delighted to be referred to as 'crippled'.

Mmm the gentleman looked shocked but too polite to say anything but perhaps you can advise me what to call an elderly man on 2 crutches with one leg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like those animals which never harm each other at all.

I've never had an animal hurt me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've never had an animal hurt me

Feel free to break into the lion enclosure at your nearest zoo and let us know how you got on.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I'm with you. I love my little puppy but I'd never be able to live with myself knowing a child died so I could save him.
    If your little puppy is as sneaky as mine, he would be out of danger in a flash anyway.

I don't get why it's children vs animals on here. I love them both. Kids are amazing, amusing, intelligent and funny. Pets are brilliant for a whole lot of other reasons.

It shouldn't be either/or. It can be both.
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Natgar wrote: »
    if a building was on fire with child and my dog stuck inside that I have to save the child. Why?
    You don't have children.
    But I still can't understand the mentality of being willing to let a child die over an animal.
    The cat is "your" cat. The child is not. Simples.
  • Options
    MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your not evil, that is a normal response. I find it quite sick that someone would leave a child to die over an animal, I love my dog and he is very much a big part of my family but would fancy his chances of escaping a fire more over my 3 year old and 6 year old, I wouldn't hesitate to save them first, or any other child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very young children can and often are little shits. Fact!
    Same goes for all animals especially dogs. (need a pack leader and know their place)

The connection, who is the boss and in control.
    Without a dominion all respect is lost and chaos ensues.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Natgar wrote: »
    Mmm the gentleman looked shocked but too polite to say anything but perhaps you can advise me what to call an elderly man on 2 crutches with one leg
    Disabled gentleman. Not a cripple. This is 2015, not 1975.
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Disabled gentleman. Not a cripple. This is 2015, not 1975.

Why a gentleman? Can you vouch for his character?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have children.

The cat is "your" cat. The child is not. Simples.

no I don't because ... Shocker.. I don't like them so why would I have the, and even bigger shocker K do not like other people's children so why should I save one over my dog, who I actually love.