Options

1st semi final thread 19th May 2015

Comments

• Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Eight ex-Soviet and ex-communist nations, plus Greece........thank heavens Molly Sterling didn't end up in this semi :)

There were only four countries that didn't fit that description so it is hardly surprising!
  • Options
    Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6/10 of my favourites got through

Moldova OUT
    Netherlands OUT :( >(
    Greece
    Estonia
    FYROM OUT
    Serbia
    Belarus OUT
    Russia
    Romania
    Georgia

(Hungary
    Albania
    Armenia
    Belgium)
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Weeping for my country, we didn't deserve to DNQ, but yay for Belgium and Estonia!
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Inga has the look of someone who opens jars of Red Mountain with her thighs:o
  • Options
    TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I was really impressed by the amount of SHITE that got through.

Hungary, Armenia, Albania

PLEASE.

Not that any of it will change the outcome since it's a three horse race between ITALY, SWEDEN and AUSTRALIA.

Unless Putin has bribed someone.
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed Mel and Scott's commentary, Mel is actually a very good linguist, I read some where that she could speak 5 languages...very impressive.
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol good descriptions. Showed off her hips too. Sad about Moldova, Eduard was fun.

I agree, Moldova gave us a brilliant pop song, creative staging and a strong singer.
    Was it last year that Israel - a girl singer- sang an amazing song first in her semi? I think singing first is bad for votes.
    Also, I have to vent some more. Albania, Hungary and Armenia are terrible!
    Finally, the last thirty seconds of the Russian song are amazing, but the first two and a half minutes are dull.
    Oh, actually, really finally, without hearing most of the songs from the next semi, I'd say that Italy and Sweden are head and shoulders above the rest, and, if it is a SONG contest, Italy should win.
  • Options
    StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TYCO wrote: »

PLEASE.

Not that any of it will change the outcome since it's a three horse race between ITALY, SWEDEN and AUSTRALIA.

Completely agree !!
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PLEASE.
    Oh please, they were all good..!! Hungary made an impression on me, didn't like it before. And Albania was ok.
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think that the countries who go straight into the final, UK being one, should perform in these semi finals. This gives them performance experience and will help to promote their songs for the final.
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised Hungary managed to leave an impression on me.

I didn't find the Russian staging particularly captivating; I don't get why the odds shortened so much.
  • Options
    Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armenia, Albania, Romania. All either sub-standard or dull.

Thing is though, other than Finland, there's not much from the other 6 that I'd really want to have gone through..
  • Options
    Shoe LaceShoe Lace Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sad that Finland didn't make it through. I hadn't heard their song before but I truly enjoyed the 90's punk vibe they had going.
  • Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PLEASE.

What???

Albania was by far the best of the night :confused:
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    So shocked Denmark never got through. Wonder if PKN went back and trashed their rooms cos they didnt get through. Traincha is probally wondering if she should ahve worn the original dress. LOL

Most of my favorites got through. Sad for Belarus, Moldova and Finland (mainly because they excelled to get this far and i love Finland. As i have Finnish Relatives its my 2nd country i roo for after us. Least the anouncers didnt keep us in suspence this time with results. Last year they seeemd to take ages between each announcent.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time is like Thunder. Don't think that phrase will catch on.
    ...except it sounded like "Tummies like thunder" which was much more fun. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of my favorites got through. Sad for Belarus, Moldova and Finland (mainly because they excelled to get this far and i love Finland. As i have Finnish Relatives its my 2nd country i roo for after us. Least the anouncers didnt keep us in suspence this time with results. Last year they seeemd to take ages between each announcent.
    Imo the results were announced way too quickly and hastily, were they running out of programme time or what? :confused: There was almost no suspense at all... That was actually my main issue with the show.

I'm happy with the qualifiers, except maybe Serbia and Belgium. Oh, and Russia, but that was a certain qualifier anyway.
    Hungary made an impression on me, hadn't noted it at all before.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of annoying they obviously ran out of time and had to rush the results. I like the little bit of suspense in between each reveal:(
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Armenia were dire. There were clear tuning issues and their vocals were all over the place. The song was terrible. Scott Mills' comnent at the end of the song said it all. I am v. surprised they got through but it seems to be all about politics these days. Denmark and Netherlands were far superior but didn't get through.
  • Options
    sugarlequesnesugarlequesne Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    Armenia were dire. There were clear tuning issues and their vocals were all over the place. The song was terrible. Scott Mills' comnent at the end of the song said it all. I am v. surprised they got through but it seems to be all about politics these days. Denmark and Netherlands were far superior but didn't get through.

Agreed - Armeina was the shock qualifier of the night, a total shambles. What are they not denying exactly.

Would have been much more fun if Finland or even Belarus or Denamark were in their place
  • Options
    sugarlequesnesugarlequesne Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Most of my predictions got through except Belarus, Biggest shock qualifier has to be Belgium, truly dire!!!

Don't be absurd. Belgium, along with Estonia, were the standouts of nightmare night of shouty women
  • Options
    Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be absurd. Belgium, along with Estonia, were the standouts of nightmare night of shouty women

A night of shouty women is an apt description of most years isn't it? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed - Armeina was the shock qualifier of the night, a total shambles. What are they not denying exactly.

Would have been much more fun if Finland or even Belarus or Denamark were in their place
    Genocide...
  • Options
    KasphlamKasphlam Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Armenia. Romania is the worst out of the qualifiers IMO. Netherlands were the worst on the night so am not surprised even slightly that they didn't go through.
  • Options
    david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notin wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Mel and Scott's commentary, Mel is actually a very good linguist, I read some where that she could speak 5 languages...very impressive.

It is a pity she didn't let us hear the presenters speaking English. Let's hope Graham knows when to keep his gob shut on Saturday.