Options

SamCam's stepfather says Sturgeon is acting like Robert Mugabe

Comments

• Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,598
    Forum Member
    Glaston wrote: »
    So if the govt decided to flatten your house for a new road/airport and said tough you are going to be compulsory purchased, you wouldnt complain?

This is a Stalinist move.

What are you blethering about? That can happen in England now with compulsory purchase orders so hardly Stalinist or does that just apply when talking about the SNP?
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever your views left wing right wing crap being spouted on here surely everyone can agree Samcams father is a first class Pratt :)
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if the govt decided to flatten your house for a new road/airport and said tough you are going to be compulsory purchased, you wouldnt complain?

Bugger me! First she's Mugabe, now she's Stalin. Wee Nicola's no' half got some folks crapping their pants. :D
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Jol44;78157461
    I wonder how this land was acquired in the first place all those years ago.[/QUOTE]

It was bought and paid for by his Grandparents - who then did work to improve the property and the running of the Estate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bugger me! First she's Mugabe, now she's Stalin. Wee Nicola's no' half got some folks crapping their pants. :D

You just wait and see. There will be some mug will compare her with Thatcher!
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Brawlad wrote: »
    They have been able to do that for years.
    But this has absolutely nothing to do with things like roads/airports. I would love to know want could be done with this stolen land that would be allowed without stealing it?
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pol Pot next
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    You just wait and see. There will be some mug will compare her with Thatcher!

Maybe even Little Jimmy Krankie

http://order-order.com/2014/11/14/whats-with-scottish-politicians-and-looking-like-the-krankies/#_@/jfbZ-Ha9MknKPA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »

Is it the school holidays? Instead of posting rubbish why not defend your post about it being Stalinist to use compulsory purchase?
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...anyone care to enlighten the masses with the historic details of the Highland Clearances...I assume they are part of the history syllabus in Scottish schools...my own recollection from a that of a school in North London many, many, many years ago is somewhat dimmed....
  • Options
    BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    nomad2king wrote: »
    But this has absolutely nothing to do with things like roads/airports. I would love to know want could be done with this stolen land that would be allowed without stealing it?

it would be a community buy out . It would not be stealing
  • Options
    davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What, like eliminating villages around Heathrow?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/10186230/Heathrow-third-runway-best-solution.html

The south-west option would involve building a full-length 3,500 metre runway and other facilities over the village of Stanwell Moor in Surrey and would require the demolition of 850 homes.

Somewhat more inconvenienced than an absentee landlord.

Govts take measures for the national good all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it would be a community buy out . It would not be stealing
    Whatever it is, still doesn't change the fact that nothing can be done with the land that would be allowed at present. What would the purpose be, of "buying" the land for it just to sit there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever it is, still doesn't change the fact that nothing can be done with the land that would be allowed at present. What would the purpose be, of "buying" the land for it just to sit there?

I assume every Scot will be given shares in the new community owned sheep rearing and grouse shooting enterprises...or alternatively offered a few acres each so they all go back to crofting ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I assume every Scot will be given shares in the new community owned sheep rearing and grouse shooting enterprises...or alternatively offered a few acres each so they all go back to crofting ;-)
    That would not be buying land in order to INCREASE the economy. It would be simply taking over existing businesses.
  • Options
    BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member

The land would be used for the betterment of the local community.

http://www.communitylandscotland.org.uk/
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main thing is that the money would stay local rather than being dent to a tax haven
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny thread... grrr left, grrr left, grrr left, stinky left, froth, grrr left, right? no, not having that! left grrr, froth, left... bah!

You have to love DS.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would not be buying land in order to INCREASE the economy. It would be simply taking over existing businesses.

It would be to destroy existing businesses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The land would be used for the betterment of the local community.
    ]

By making them all unemployed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Precisely why I said they would issue shares in the businesses on the land which would
    be newly owned by the community...instead of in private hands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be to destroy existing businesses.

Noooo...they would just become "community owned" and all the stalkers and beaters would be employed by Rab C Nesbitt instead of Lord Snooty ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Precisely why I said they would issue shares in the businesses on the land which would
    be newly owned by the community...instead of in private hands.

But if anyone in the community wanted the land they could simply buy the land themselves. Land's no different from any other commodity, if you want it you buy it, if you don't want it you don't buy it. Just because someone else owns a lot of something doesn't give the State the right to steal it.

Does anyone seriously think you going to be able to improve a business by taking it out of the hands of someone who has been running it for the last however many years and then giving it to a bunch of people who have never managed that business before? Would you do that with a hospital?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if anyone in the community wanted the land they could simply buy the land themselves. Land's no different from any other commodity, if you want it you buy it, if you don't want it you don't buy it. Just because someone else owns a lot of something doesn't give the State the right to steal it.

Does anyone seriously think you going to be able to improve a business by taking it out of the hands of someone who has been running it for the last however many years and then giving it to a bunch of people who have never managed that business before? Would you do that with a hospital?

Don't disagree with a word you are saying.

Read my original exchange with nomad2king.