I bloody hate Anna >:(

Sally was brilliant as always though. :D
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bloody hate Anna >:(

Sally was brilliant as always though. :D

She's so miserable and it's not even entertaining:(.

I suppose it added to the comedy though. What did you think of their bank holiday 2013 BBQ fight?:D.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    "Classic" Corrie comedy on show tonight. *rolleyes*
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean. :(
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    The show needs a real shake up and fast, even HO is a better watch than CS atm for me IMO
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I'm 7 episodes behind due to a holiday - but I thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed the episode opening with the bins, Mary was excellent and **** me I even enjoyed Sean at the bring and buy....Simon Crowther wrote it
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The recent line from Sally: "I have no desire to be down with the house boys" had me rolling round the place with laughter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wrote Wednesday's ep?
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lloyd on that boat was a strange scene.

Next week will no doubt be good but the show will need to sustain the quality for about six months before we can say it is out of the woods.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Who wrote Wednesday's ep?

Someone with a lot of talent who needs to write more episodes.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just realised Alison King is leaving.

Last night watching her look around the Rovers felt like the start of something good. Carla becoming the landlady of the Rovers is just so perfect. What a shame they won't get the chance to make it happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    I just realised Alison King is leaving.

Last night watching her look around the Rovers felt like the start of something good. Carla becoming the landlady of the Rovers is just so perfect. What a shame they won't get the chance to make it happen.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone with a lot of talent who needs to write more episodes.

Just seen it was John Kerr who wrote it.

Really enjoyed his ep.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    ............. Carla becoming the landlady of the Rovers is just so perfect. ..................

Why do you assume carla would become the landlady? Do we even know what percentages are owned by steve and liz? My impression was that liz put a small amount of money "into the business" - which could mean anything.

If tony now owns more than 50%, then he'll decide who runs it.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Why do you assume carla would become the landlady? Do we even know what percentages are owned by steve and liz? My impression was that liz put a small amount of money "into the business" - which could mean anything.

Like I said before..Carla would be a sitting partner...not hands on...(:D no quips)....but it sounds like next week all could change !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »

I remember when Michelle thought she was going to be the sole boss after Steve told her he'd bought the Rovers but then he revealed that Liz owns a 50% share. Needless to say, she wasn't happy about it.

Carla and Tony will own 50% shares and it's not looking like Tony will be able to have much control because Steve, Liz and Michelle are going nowhere thanks to Carla.

She has got the factory to run, which will inevitably be in trouble again before Alison King leaves, so I wouldn't think she'll be interested in running the Rovers (although personally I would love to see her behind the bar).
    Carla's only really buying it to help Steve and Michelle which in my book means that Michelle's got the best BFF in the world haha
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Agreed.

Disagreed from me!! She just in't enough of a 'people' person to be a pub landlady!! Plus she gets quite enough airtime as it is without sticking her in the Rover's as well!! Glad she's taking an extended break personally, let some of the other characters come to the fore for a change, then by the time she returns the complete overkill we've suffered for the past few years might have worn off enough to make her watchable again!!
  • Options
    Joseph_McDonaldJoseph_McDonald Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Agree with NDD (hope you don't mind me calling you that!); Carla isn't really a suitable person to run a pub. Of course she could buy the pub, realise that and then put Sally and Tim in charge. Those two would be perfect. Turf Steve and Michelle out and keep Sarah and Eva (when she returns) as barmaids and there's the making of a good team there.

The best part of Corrie at the moment is a dog. A dog! God, I hope it doesn't win best soap tonight (I've managed to avoid all spoilers so please don't tell me who won what).
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carla is a wonderful people person. She's certainly no worse than Liz, Steve and Michelle.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Agree with NDD (hope you don't mind me calling you that!); Carla isn't really a suitable person to run a pub. Of course she could buy the pub, realise that and then put Sally and Tim in charge. Those two would be perfect. Turf Steve and Michelle out and keep Sarah and Eva (when she returns) as barmaids and there's the making of a good team there.

The best part of Corrie at the moment is a dog. A dog! God, I hope it doesn't win best soap tonight (I've managed to avoid all spoilers so please don't tell me who won what).

The dog should be nailed on favourite for best newcomer!! :D

NDD is fine, I'm sure people have called me a lot worse than that on the forum, even if they've never printed it!! ;):D
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was at it's best when Steve and Leanne were behind the bar....they were great together.....
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I really cannot be bothered with it right now. Not even on the off-chance Mary will deliver a funny line. There are so many dud characters taking up screentime. It's awful, absolutely dire. They really have to get a new producer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagreed from me!! She just in't enough of a 'people' person to be a pub landlady!! Plus she gets quite enough airtime as it is without sticking her in the Rover's as well!! Glad she's taking an extended break personally, let some of the other characters come to the fore for a change, then by the time she returns the complete overkill we've suffered for the past few years might have worn off enough to make her watchable again!!

Fair enough if you don't enjoy watching Carla but I'm pretty sure there are still a few of us that do and I have no doubt that she would be brilliant in the Rovers. Despite the unbelievable amount of tragedy she's continually had, she is still the most engaging character on the show and TPTB know it but I'm sure the sublime Alison King is doing the right thing by leaving for now.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump! Fire Week really divided viewers- what did you guys make of it?