Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    stanld03 wrote: »
    Voting is now open for the Barbara Dex Award, if people wanna register their vote. :p

http://www.eurovisionhouse.nl/bdaward2.php

Voted for Electro Velvet
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaded by Simon cowell on bgt
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,937
    Forum Member
    I'm going to vote for Lisa Angell. She looked like the Judy Finnegan character on Bo Selecta.
  • Options
    Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Shaded by Simon cowell on bgt

More details please :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shar_ds wrote: »
    More details please :-)

A French guy was singing (badly) and prancing around in high heels. Simon said how it's better than Eurovision/how Eurovision should be done. :confused:
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the outfits were horrible, so I voted for Mans. The outfit was the one thing they did not think about :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually thinking about it I'm sure Bojana was wearing her nightie!!
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stanld03 wrote: »
    Voting is now open for the Barbara Dex Award, if people wanna register their vote. :p

http://www.eurovisionhouse.nl/bdaward2.php

Surely it has to go to the veiled binbag of the Netherlands this year. That's where my vote went.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,288
    Forum Member
    Was going to vote Trijny, but opted for us. What the hell... we might as well try and win something! :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christer hinting that Petra Mede may be involved in ESC 2016

http://esctoday.com/104336/eurovision-2016-preparations-in-full-swing-in-sweden/
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nina the crow for me! :D:D
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many choices this year
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guy Sebastian got my vote... hats a big no no, as is wearing a jacket several sizes too small
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if the 2013 stage really was all that varying. Most of the backdrops were indistinguishable from each other. It was nice, I suppose, but nothing special. 2013 really was a weak year for stage presentation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still it looks like the arena will be bigger at least, so more chance of tickets :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    I don't know if the 2013 stage really was all that varying. Most of the backdrops were indistinguishable from each other. It was nice, I suppose, but nothing special. 2013 really was a weak year for stage presentation.

Yea they didn't have an LED screen that could project anything more than colours?
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Yea they didn't have an LED screen that could project anything more than colours?

There was no LED screen just a projector and there was different backgrounds on it remember that Irish monstrosity? It was 2010 that only had LED lights that changed colour. We didn't even have a LED screen last year just a projector that projected on to the glass panels that turned opaque and the projection screen behind that too which also had an Irish monstrosity on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    There was no LED screen just a projector and there was different backgrounds on it remember that Irish monstrosity? It was 2010 that only had LED lights that changed colour. We didn't even have a LED screen last year just a projector that projected on to the glass panels that turned opaque and the projection screen behind that too which also had an Irish monstrosity on.

Oh ok! I guess this year wAs pretty good with the screen. But then there was a lot of reliance on it.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it has to go to the veiled binbag of the Netherlands this year. That's where my vote went.

Mine too! It might have been saved as an outfit if she wasn't wearing Doc Martens ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    da33431 wrote: »
    Still it looks like the arena will be bigger at least, so more chance of tickets :)

not if they close half of it off (like they did in Moscow). Bjorkman seems set on making this cost as little as he can get away with which suggests modest venue size/seating capacity
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    I had to vote for Maria for Barbara Dex. It looked like she was styled by a five year old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    not if they close half of it off (like they did in Moscow). Bjorkman seems set on making this cost as little as he can get away with which suggests modest venue size/seating capacity

Wouldn't it cost less if they take more income from people attending? :confused:
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our very own Kargo has created another great montage of Saturday's final - emotional to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6SCy9WOVVQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Malta have confirmed for next year and are promising changes...
    http://eurovoix.com/2015/05/26/malta-eurovision-2016-participation-confirmed/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Our very own Kargo has created another great montage of Saturday's final - emotional to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6SCy9WOVVQ

lovely... funny how every year the contest always delivers in the end
This discussion has been closed.