Options

Clubland TV ceases on Freesat

StueyStuey Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭
Clubland TV has been pulled from channel 510 on Freesat.

Sky Digital version of Clubland still available for manual tuning on Freesat boxes though.

12545H, 22000, 5/6.

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuey wrote: »
    Clubland TV has been pulled from channel 510 on Freesat.

Sky Digital version of Clubland still available for manual tuning on Freesat boxes though.

12545H, 22000, 5/6.

Sky don't have their own version. It was on the Sky and Freesat epg's (The channel carried both epgs). Now it only carries the Sky epg.

Now Music has also gone.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=77881977&postcount=1163
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed that since leaving Freeview, VIVA's branding only mentions Sky and Virgin. Perhaps they'll be next to go, although they may have just overlooked Freesat.
  • Options
    M60M60 Posts: 5,604
    Forum Member
    Music channels seem to be cutting back, sign of the times I guess. I think medium to longer term there'll only be a handful left on DSAT in general.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed that since leaving Freeview, VIVA's branding only mentions Sky and Virgin. Perhaps they'll be next to go, although they may have just overlooked Freesat.
    Their own website still mentions that they are on Freeview 21 and they don't mention Freesat either. It also lists all the non-music programming they (apparently) show.

It's amateur hour over at Viva, so don't think anything of their mistakes. They happen a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Their own website still mentions that they are on Freeview 21 and they don't mention Freesat either. It also lists all the non-music programming they (apparently) show.

It's amateur hour over at Viva, so don't think anything of their mistakes. They happen a lot.

The music genre desperately needs a tidy up now. All the upper teen and early twenties channels moved down with the gaps closed up. I'm expecting, that is if it doesn't go, that Viva will move to the music genre as no longer really fits the entertainment genre being 24/7 music based.

Quite disappointed to loose Clubland as played a lot of Dance music, did think though the writing was on the wall. Perhaps AATW are pulling out of music TV and going to cash in on the Sky EPG slots?
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    The music genre desperately needs a tidy up now. All the upper teen and early twenties channels moved down with the gaps closed up. I'm expecting, that is if it doesn't go, that Viva will move to the music genre as no longer really fits the entertainment genre being 24/7 music based.

Quite disappointed to loose Clubland as played a lot of Dance music, did think though the writing was on the wall. Perhaps AATW are pulling out of music TV and going to cash in on the Sky EPG slots?

I wonder if it's just a coincidence that Canis Media have advertised the availability of Sky EPG slots with immediate effect?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kev wrote: »
    I wonder if it's just a coincidence that Canis Media have advertised the availability of Sky EPG slots with immediate effect?

Interesting, how many slots? Things do tend to disappear from FS prior to Sky for EPG placeholding reasons. Pop Planet doesn't seem to have any of its social media pages kept up to date which made me wonder if this is just running along ahead of an EPG slot sale?
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    Interesting, how many slots? Things do tend to disappear from FS prior to Sky for EPG placeholding reasons. Pop Planet doesn't seem to have any of its social media pages kept up to date which made me wonder if this is just running along ahead of an EPG slot sale?

https://twitter.com/CanisMedia/status/593800950374072320

Actually looks unrelated though (I'd not seen the link before) - the slot slot is in the religious section of the EPG and also UCB UK's 0125 slot.,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kev wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/CanisMedia/status/593800950374072320

Actually looks unrelated though (I'd not seen the link before) - the slot slot is in the religious section of the EPG and also UCB UK's 0125 slot.,

Possibly UCB TV as well as their radio operation.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Music channel reshuffle:
    500 Chart Show TV
    501 The Vault
    502 Chart Show Dance
    503 B4U
    504 Starz
    505 Vintage
    506 Heart TV
    507 Capital TV
    508 KISS
    509 The Box
    510 Magic
    511 VIVA

Challenge+1 moving to VIVA's old channel number.
  • Options
    Andrewww342003Andrewww342003 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    First Kerrang, now Clubland TV. 2015 is not looking like a good year for Freesat :(
  • Options
    mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five music channels have now left Freesat. Is this down to them financially struggling or is Freesat struggling and have upped the prices for their carriage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Music channel reshuffle:
    500 Chart Show TV
    501 The Vault
    502 Chart Show Dance
    503 B4U
    504 Starz
    505 Vintage
    506 Heart TV
    507 Capital TV
    508 KISS
    509 The Box
    510 Magic
    511 VIVA

Challenge+1 moving to VIVA's old channel number.
    Is this happening/happened or just what you think should happen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this happening/happened or just what you think should happen?

It's already happened, whether your box has updated yet depends on make and model.

A Humax freetime box should have updated already (mine has) , A Humax Foxsat-HDR will update overnight during housekeeping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see. My box hasn't updated yet.

Nor has the Freesat website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see. My box hasn't updated yet.

Nor has the Freesat website.

You have an impressive regard for Freesat's capabilities :D. I wouldn't expect their site to be updated for a while. I expect my Foxsat to send me an e-mail tomorrow with full details of todays changes.

What make and model is your box ?
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Freesat have updated their channel list pdf.

The changes have now happened; some Freesat boxes will automatically adjust now without having to wait until tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mattyb wrote: »
    Five music channels have now left Freesat. Is this down to them financially struggling or is Freesat struggling and have upped the prices for their carriage?

I think some of these channels are struggling, at least that's my interpretation of it. Some get less than 40k viewing which is peanuts. Let's hope with this reshuffle that at least there's no more planning to depart, for a while at least.

The music genre looks much neater now too.
  • Options
    spannersspanners Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First Kerrang, now Clubland TV. 2015 is not looking like a good year for Freesat :(

Well five channels have left Sky in the last month too - you've probably never watched them or even heard of them but channels come and go all the time. Perhaps the owners of these music channels carried out a survey and found that hardly anyone was watching so decided to cut their losses. Plus it's a bit easier to access non-freesat channels via a Freesat box than a non-sky channel via a Sky box.
    The one thing that these channel changes prove is that getting a listing on the Freesat EPG gives you a profile that you simply do not get with Sky which is all about pushing Sky channels first, last and in between. The choice broadcasters have to make is do they want to appear where no-one knows they even exist on the Sky EPG or have a higher profile on Freesat? Because Sky has 8 million plus boxes doesn't mean that a channel will get a decent percentage share of the viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spanners wrote: »
    Well five channels have left Sky in the last month too - you've probably never watched them or even heard of them but channels come and go all the time. Perhaps the owners of these music channels carried out a survey and found that hardly anyone was watching so decided to cut their losses. Plus it's a bit easier to access non-freesat channels via a Freesat box than a non-sky channel via a Sky box.
    The one thing that these channel changes prove is that getting a listing on the Freesat EPG gives you a profile that you simply do not get with Sky which is all about pushing Sky channels first, last and in between. The choice broadcasters have to make is do they want to appear where no-one knows they even exist on the Sky EPG or have a higher profile on Freesat? Because Sky has 8 million plus boxes doesn't mean that a channel will get a decent percentage share of the viewers.

And with tidying up the genre now it makes them look more accessible being next to each other LCN-wise. I wonder if FS upped their carriage costs on contract renewal which was just too expensive for some of them OPEX-wise?
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music channels in general just don't attract any real audiences. Faced with cutting costs Freesat epg fees will be targeted first as they have to remain on the Sky epg to exist at all.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,432
    Forum Member

I suspect it's a combination of things including the economy (and advertising revenue) only just starting to really recover and the increased competition from Youtube and online music streaming services, etc.

Some of them might be back in the future and in the meantime, any free to air music channels can be manually added back in non-Freesat mode and the parameters to do that are listed here http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html and here http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php.
  • Options
    Holmesc1Holmesc1 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    it was sad when scuzz left freesat. Is there any way you can get this without sky?
  • Options
    EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holmesc1 wrote: »
    it was sad when scuzz left freesat. Is there any way you can get this without sky?

http://www.lyngsat.com/tvchannels/uk/Scuzz.html

You can add in Non Freesat mode:cool:
  • Options
    ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spanners wrote: »
    Because Sky has 8 million plus boxes doesn't mean that a channel will get a decent percentage share of the viewers.

15+ million in use!